Famed Attorney Phil Berg & 9.11 Lawsuit

woodyvoinche

Oct 10, 2005
:whip3: Attorney Phil Berg has filed suit for some 9.11 families who have had members that died in the WTC...Mr. Berg has filed a RICO and constitutional lawsuit for Ellen Mariani and othe members of 9.11 families alleging that factions of the " US government had prior knowledge of 9/11; knowingly failing to act, prevent or warn of 911; and the ongoing obstruction of justice by covering up the truth of 9/11; all in violation of the laws of the United States. "

A very interesting site that all Amercians should visit...

http://www.911forthetruth.com .......

woody voinche

woodyvoinche said:
:whip3: Attorney Phil Berg has filed suit for some 9.11 families who have had members that died in the WTC...Mr. Berg has filed a RICO and constitutional lawsuit for Ellen Mariani and othe members of 9.11 families alleging that factions of the " US government had prior knowledge of 9/11; knowingly failing to act, prevent or warn of 911; and the ongoing obstruction of justice by covering up the truth of 9/11; all in violation of the laws of the United States. "

woody voinche

fooking ambulance chasin arsehole

woodyvoinche said:

woody voinche

Well. Ok. Have the effects of constant cranial tinfoil exposure on the brain ever been accurately measured?

:crutch: Yes...i had to replace the tin foil with a lead cap...but, the documentation for the FBI having advanced knowledge of the 1993 WTC bombing has been reported in the New York Times and Wall Street Journal...there is evidence for advanced knowledge of 9.11...but not as much as the 1993 bombing :whip:

woodyvoinche said:

woody voinche

You realize that the government is immune to any civil lawsuits that it doesnt consent to being liable for don't you?

Thanks ...but, i believe they can be sued when there is a violation of constitutional rights...but i would like to see your references

This 'famous Phil Berg?'

http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1122023117263

Lawyer Slapped With $10K in Sanctions for 'Laundry List of Unethical Actions'

Shannon P. Duffy
The Legal Intelligencer
07-25-2005

Finding that a Pennsylvania lawyer had committed a "laundry list of unethical actions," a federal judge has imposed more than $10,000 in sanctions and ordered the lawyer to complete six hours of ethics training.

U.S. District Judge J. Curtis Joyner's 10-page opinion in Holsworth v. Berg is packed with criticism of the conduct of attorney Philip Berg of Lafayette Hill, Pa.

"Other attorneys should look to Mr. Berg's actions as a blueprint for what not to do when attempting to effectively and honorably perform the duties of the legal profession," Joyner wrote.

"This court has grown weary of Mr. Berg's continuous and brazen disrespect toward this court and his own clients. Mr. Berg's actions ... are an enormous waste of judicial time and resources that this court cannot, in good conscience, allow to go unpunished," Joyner wrote.

In the suit, Berg is accused of legal malpractice by former clients who claim his failure to respond to an ERISA claim against them led to a default judgment.

But the sanctions against Berg stem from his decision to file a third-party counterclaim of fraud against a pension fund that had sued his former clients, according to court papers.

Joyner blasted Berg for filing the fraud claim, calling it an "irresponsible decision" because the claim was "utterly barren of any scintilla of legal principles."

In the ERISA suit, Berg's former clients -- Richard Holsworth and his company, Richard's General Contracting -- were sued by a group of pension funds led by the Carpenters Health and Welfare Fund of Philadelphia and Vicinity.

Carpenters Health claimed that Holsworth and his company had failed to make required payment of fringe benefit contributions.

According to court papers, Joyner found that Berg "neglected to file a response to [Carpenter Health's] claim or provide any legal defense whatsoever for his client."

Even after a default judgment was entered against Holsworth, Joyner found that Berg "remained silent." In April 2002 -- two months after the default judgment was granted and 11 months after the suit was first filed -- Joyner found that Berg "broke his silence" by filing a petition to strike the judgment or to open the default judgment.

Berg's motion was rejected and a default judgment of more than $5,300 was entered against his clients. The judgment swelled to more than $10,000 when Carpenters Health later successfully moved for a supplemental judgment to recover more than $4,700 in attorney fees for its efforts in responding to Berg's untimely motions.

Holsworth and his wife later filed a legal malpractice suit against Berg in the Philadelphia County Court of Common Pleas, alleging that Berg negligently failed to represent them in the Carpenters Health case.

A year later, in February 2005, Berg moved to join Carpenters Health as a third-party defendant in the malpractice suit, demanding more than $20,000 in damages.

In his counterclaim, Berg alleged that the ERISA suit filed by Carpenters Health in 2001, which led to the malpractice claim against him, was "a fraud upon the court and a fraudulent taking from the Holsworths."

Carpenter Health's lawyers removed the case to federal court and filed a motion to dismiss the claim. Joyner agreed, finding that Berg's fraud claim was "frivolous" and was motivated by an intent "to harass Carpenters Health and the Holsworths, as well as to delay and disrupt the administration of justice."

The claim was fatally flawed, Joyner found, because Berg had no standing to bring suit against Carpenters Health and had "failed to conduct even a minimally reasonable inquiry before filing his complaint."

Granting summary judgment in favor of Carpenters Health, Joyner said he found it "wholly unnecessary" even to consider the facts of the ERISA case because it was "abundantly clear" that Carpenters Health was entitled to a judgment as a matter of law.

Joyner invited Carpenters Health to file a motion for Rule 11 sanctions. When it did, Joyner found that Berg "continued his trend of unprofessional conduct by, once again, failing to file a timely response."

In a footnote, Joyner said Berg's response to the sanctions motion was due on May 26. In a phone call to chambers on May 31, Joyner said, Berg's assistant requested permission to move for an extension of time, saying Berg had been out of town for two or three weeks and would not be returning until June 9.

Joyner said he agreed to accept such a request if it were filed the next day, but none was.

Instead, Joyner said, a letter signed by Berg's assistant was faxed to chambers on June 2, requesting that the deadline be extended until June 27.

Joyner said he refused because "in light of Mr. Berg's persistent and repeated neglect of his professional obligations, this court was not inclined to permit Mr. Berg to further delay the review of Carpenters Health's ripe motion."

In a June 2 opinion, Joyner found that Berg had violated Rule 11 by "filing a complaint completely devoid of any basis in fact or law, as would be apparent to any reasonable attorney after the slightest inquiry."

Berg's fraud claim, Joyner said, was "inadequately pled, not grounded in fact, time-barred, and utterly irrelevant to the pending malpractice action against him."

In his sanctions order, Joyner ordered Berg to reimburse Carpenters Health the $10,668 in attorney fees and costs it incurred in defending the claim. He also ordered Berg to complete six credits of ethics courses certified by the Pennsylvania Board of Continuing Legal Education, and recommended that Berg be investigated by the Pennsylvania Bar Association's Committee on Legal Ethics and Professional Responsibility.

On June 16, Berg filed a motion for reconsideration urging that the sanctions imposed on him should be forgiven due to "extenuating circumstances," including health problems, a three-week European business trip and financial difficulties.

Berg conceded in his brief that "there were numerous procedural errors, untimely responses and omissions," but said he "did not do so with intention or defiance."

Joyner flatly rejected the motion, saying "in no way, shape or form do the 'extenuating circumstances' proffered by Mr. Berg even begin to justify, excuse, or explain his unprofessional and unethical course of conduct throughout this matter. These transparent excuses are not only patently insufficient to meet the legal standard for a motion for reconsideration, they are insulting to this court and demeaning to the legal profession."

Berg, reached in his office, declined to comment on Joyner's decision except to say that he is considering whether to file an appeal.

Carpenters Health was represented by attorneys Sanford G. Rosenthal and Eric B. Meyer of Jennings Sigmond.

woodyvoinche said:
Thanks ...but, i believe they can be sued when there is a violation of constitutional rights...but i would like to see your references

And whose constitutional rights have been violated?

Failure to act and Failure to warn fall under a strict liability tort action. There is nothing Constitutional about them. The government has sovereign immunity against all strict liability suits against them. And they have sovereign immunity for all negligence suits against them unless Congress authorizes a cause of action against the Government.

:whip3: Thanks Avatar:

When i read about Mr. Bergs lawsuit i figured the government would look for an achilles heel and try to discredit him...the Federal Judiciary can be just as corrupt as any other branch of government and one judges ruling against him does not discredit him...And these Judges are subject to intimidation and manipulation by other agencies........the facts surfacing with ...The new investigation brewing, codenamed...Able Danger...
on evidence that the pentagon had been tracking the 9.11 terrorists years before the attack...Rep. Curt Weldon, broke the story on June 27 when he delivered the story on the House floor...on Sept 21 a Hearing before the Senate judiciary Committee was conducted but the Pentagon blocked the testimony of the main witnesses...but the story is being reported thru out the media and more and more people are finding out .......this investigation seems to prove the allegations in Mr. Bergs lawsuit... www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,167130,00.html ...

In the mid 1980's a scandal surfaced in Cinncinnatti, Ohio where the FBI bugged over 1200 phones including the phones of 3 Federal Judges...it seems they were trying to force Judge Carl Rubin to resign...Geraldo Rivera had a program on the subject of the FBI bugging the SUPREME COURT for over 50 years...!!!!! I filed an FOIA lawsuit in which i forced them to release about 200 pages of documents to me on the subject (woody voinche v. FBI, 940 F. Supp. 323)and appealed all the way to the Supreme Court...attorney, Alexander Charns, has written a book on this
subject titled ....Cloak and Gavel: FBI Wiretaps, Bugs, Informers, and the Supreme Court... you can read a review at... www. amazon.com ...

I am not fooled by the methods used to manipulate these judges... :banned:

woodyvoinche said:
:whip3: Thanks Avatar:

When i read about Mr. Bergs lawsuit i figured the government would look for an achilles heel and try to discredit him...the Federal Judiciary can be just as corrupt as any other branch of government and one judges ruling against him does not discredit him...And these Judges are subject to intimidation and manipulation by other agencies........the facts surfacing with ...The new investigation brewing, codenamed...Able Danger...
on evidence that the pentagon had been tracking the 9.11 terrorists years before the attack...Rep. Curt Weldon, broke the story on June 27 when he delivered the story on the House floor...on Sept 21 a Hearing before the Senate judiciary Committee was conducted but the Pentagon blocked the testimony of the main witnesses...but the story is being reported thru out the media and more and more people are finding out .......this investigation seems to prove the allegations in Mr. Bergs lawsuit... www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,167130,00.html ...

In the mid 1980's a scandal surfaced in Cinncinnatti, Ohio where the FBI bugged over 1200 phones including the phones of 3 Federal Judges...it seems they were trying to force Judge Carl Rubin to resign...Geraldo Rivera had a program on the subject of the FBI bugging the SUPREME COURT for over 50 years...!!!!! I filed an FOIA lawsuit in which i forced them to release about 200 pages of documents to me on the subject (woody voinche v. FBI, 940 F. Supp. 323)and appealed all the way to the Supreme Court...attorney, Alexander Charns, has written a book on this
subject titled ....Cloak and Gavel: FBI Wiretaps, Bugs, Informers, and the Supreme Court... you can read a review at... www. amazon.com ...

I am not fooled by the methods used to manipulate these judges... :banned:

More than weak and distracting. I don't think Avatar was exactly defending you or Berg, but he can speak for himself.

If Berg was wronged, great lawyer that he is, per your touting, he should be going for appeal...

Able Danger discussion was already started by you-after 3+ pages of threads, earlier...

Again - whose constitutional rights have been violated?

In my view, 9/11 families have been catered to far too long. MILLIONS of dollars to these folks. Ask what the average soldier's family gets? Ridiculously little money.

:(

:crutch: If John Doe flies an airplane into DMPs house and kills him...whose rights have been violated...? There are numerous other suits that have been filed over 9.11...then just the one Berg has filed(i have spoken to him several times over the phone, he is genuine and a nice man)

Able Danger will gain more publicity...and i would bet there will be many more reputable law firms that will file suit...!!!!!

... edjayepstein.blogspot.com/2005/08/able-danger.html ...

Lets see...Fox News, Wikipedia, the New American,...many many more are throwing it :banned: against the wall...you can fool some of the people....some of

woodyvoinche said:
:crutch: If John Doe flies an airplane into DMPs house and kills him...whose rights have been violated...? There are numerous other suits that have been filed over 9.11...then just the one Berg has filed(i have spoken to him several times over the phone, he is genuine and a nice man)

Able Danger will gain more publicity...and i would bet there will be many more reputable law firms that will file suit...!!!!!

... edjayepstein.blogspot.com/2005/08/able-danger.html ...

I believe you're mental. :)

Enjoy!

woodyvoinche said:
I like name calling as an attempted...rebuttal...it stimulates me

I doubt those actually connected with Able Danger would be happy to be linked with you or Berg.

They are under a lot of pressure...they have been prevented from testifying before Senator Specter's Judiciary Committee...and allegations of threats against them...as threats have been made to me :smoke:

Forum List

Back