False photo passed around of 9/12 protest crowd

I can't figure out WHO, if ANYONE Malkin works for, but it certainly doesn't appear to be any of the major news outlets (or the minor ones). I did find this link where she is stepping all over herself trying to find an explanation for the initial 2 MILLION estimate, which was later downgraded to 1.2 MILLION, which was later downgraded to "pretty darn big"......pathetic.

Michelle Malkin » Celebrating the 9/12 rallies; Turnout estimated at 2 million; Update: How many?; FreedomWorks in error

However big it was, it was bigger than expected. From the NYT: “Many came on their own and were not part of an organization or group. But the magnitude of the rally took the authorities by surprise, with throngs of people streaming from the White House to Capitol Hill for more than three hours.”

Poor Michelle, always backpedalling. Remember when she said on Chris Matthews that Kerry's wounds were self inflicted...and as soon as the words were out of her mouth, she was back pedaling....:lol:

Amazing. The HuffPo coughs up another furball. Nothing of substance and their blind groupies slurp it up.

I go with what the fire department said....they are non partisan, agree?

70k. Thats 1,930,000 people less than what Beck and Malking said.
Beck I think said 1.2 million...?

Fox = Lies

Amazing. The HuffPo coughs up another furball. Nothing of substance and their blind groupies slurp it up.

I go with what the fire department said....they are non partisan, agree?....
Agreed, they are non-partisan.

Now, look at what the DC FD actually said to ABC - that 60-70K were on PA Ave.. That does not include The Mall, 14th St NE, The Hill, Lafayette Square, etc. The protest was not JUST on PA Ave.

And, as an aside: The District does not consider any estimate official. It now relies on independent remote sensing analysis for official estimates. That study has yet to be released.

9/12 Tea Party Photo: False Image Spread By Anti-Reform Activists

Tea Party protesters trying to tout the size of their march on Washington last weekend have been passing around a photo of a packed National Mall. But the picture is years old.

Politifact asked Pete Piringer, public affairs officer for the D.C. Fire and Emergency Department, if the rally was big enough to fill that space. Piringer said no -- and moreover, the picture can't be from 2009.
<more>

They didn't even get a hundred thousand and yet we keep seeing 200,000 or more posted here.

Pathetic.

Tea Party protesters trying to tout the size of their march on Washington last weekend have been passing around a photo of a packed National Mall. But the picture is years old.

Politifact asked Pete Piringer, public affairs officer for the D.C. Fire and Emergency Department, if the rally was big enough to fill that space. Piringer said no -- and moreover, the picture can't be from 2009.
<more>

They didn't even get a hundred thousand and yet we keep seeing 200,000 or more posted here.

Pathetic.
And your number (not even 100K) is from where?

I can't figure out WHO, if ANYONE Malkin works for, but it certainly doesn't appear to be any of the major news outlets (or the minor ones). I did find this link where she is stepping all over herself trying to find an explanation for the initial 2 MILLION estimate, which was later downgraded to 1.2 MILLION, which was later downgraded to "pretty darn big"......pathetic.

Michelle Malkin » Celebrating the 9/12 rallies; Turnout estimated at 2 million; Update: How many?; FreedomWorks in error

However big it was, it was bigger than expected. From the NYT: “Many came on their own and were not part of an organization or group. But the magnitude of the rally took the authorities by surprise, with throngs of people streaming from the White House to Capitol Hill for more than three hours.”

Poor Michelle, always backpedalling. Remember when she said on Chris Matthews that Kerry's wounds were self inflicted...and as soon as the words were out of her mouth, she was back pedaling....:lol:
Malkin is a freak, relying on shock n awe.

<more>

Pathetic.

The DC Fire Department. Now please answer where your side's claims of up to 2 MILLLION are from?

Pathetic.

The DC Fire Department. ....
The DC FD told ABC that they estimated that there were 60-70K on PA Ave.. The protest took place on PA Ave, and The Mall, and Lafayette Square, and 14th St. NE, and The Hill.

Look at the sources and think!

.... Now please answer where your side's claims of up to 2 MILLLION are from?
I don't really care. None of the numbers are official as of yet - not Malkin, not ABC, not Beck, not MSNBC, not FNC - no one. When I see official numbers, I'll make a comment on them. Until then, I only remind others that nothing is official.

Last edited:

Now, look at what the DC FD actually said to ABC - that 60-70K were on PA Ave.. That does not include The Mall, 14th St NE, The Hill, Lafayette Square, etc. The protest was not JUST on PA Ave.

And, as an aside: The District does not consider any estimate official. It now relies on independent remote sensing analysis for official estimates. That study has yet to be released.

I hope they include everyone who wanted to go, but just couldnt make it. :cuckoo:

Either way, it is no 2 million. Fox lies.

<more>

Pathetic.

The real and original ABC quote was at 60 - 70,000 not hundreds of thousands. Michelle Malkin and Freedom Works inflated the numbers.

Tea for Two…Million? : CJR

Conservative activists, who organized a march on the U.S. Capitol today in protest of the Obama administration’s health care agenda and government spending, erroneously attributed reports on the size of the crowds to ABC News.

Matt Kibbe, president of FreedomWorks, the group that organized the event, said on stage at the rally that ABC News was reporting that 1 million to 1.5 million people were in attendance.

At no time did ABC News, or its affiliates, report a number anywhere near as large. ABCNews.com reported an approximate figure of 60,000 to 70,000 protesters, attributed to the Washington, D.C., fire department. In its reports, ABC News Radio described the crowd as “tens of thousands.”

Brendan Steinhauser, spokesman for FreedomWorks, said he did not know why Kibbe cited ABC News as a source.

As a result of Kibbe’s erroneous attribution, several bloggers and commenters repeated the misinformation.

I was actually on the Capitol steps at 11:00am on 9/12...and I took this picture.

001_21581685_resized616.jpg

(BTW, my real name is Wolfgang Hoyt.)

Yo Wolfgang...it was a cloudy day on Sturday.

Pathetic.

The real and original ABC quote was at 60 - 70,000 not hundreds of thousands. Michelle Malkin and Freedom Works inflated the numbers.

Tea for Two…Million? : CJR

Conservative activists, who organized a march on the U.S. Capitol today in protest of the Obama administration’s health care agenda and government spending, erroneously attributed reports on the size of the crowds to ABC News.

Matt Kibbe, president of FreedomWorks, the group that organized the event, said on stage at the rally that ABC News was reporting that 1 million to 1.5 million people were in attendance.

At no time did ABC News, or its affiliates, report a number anywhere near as large. ABCNews.com reported an approximate figure of 60,000 to 70,000 protesters, attributed to the Washington, D.C., fire department. In its reports, ABC News Radio described the crowd as “tens of thousands.”

Brendan Steinhauser, spokesman for FreedomWorks, said he did not know why Kibbe cited ABC News as a source.

As a result of Kibbe’s erroneous attribution, several bloggers and commenters repeated the misinformation.
Pay attention. Read this again:
.... Now please answer where your side's claims of up to 2 MILLLION are from?
I don't really care. None of the numbers are official as of yet - not Malkin, not ABC, not Beck, not MSNBC, not FNC - no one. When I see official numbers, I'll make a comment on them. Until then, I only remind others that nothing is official.

I hope they include everyone who wanted to go, but just couldnt make it. :cuckoo:

Anyone reporting unofficial numbers at this point must be lying, according to you. Brilliant.

And, as neither Park Police, Metro Police, and/or DCFD give official estimates any longer, they must be lying as well, if we use your logic.

Michelle Malkin (from Fox of course) said it was 2 million. (She wasn't there and neither was Beck?????!!)

Once again, when I say Fox lies, believe me.
and once again autozona lies
Malkin is NOT "from Fox" or even "from Fox News"

I’m a mother, wife, blogger, conservative syndicated columnist, author, and Fox News Channel contributor. My other blog is Hot Air.

Michelle Malkin » About

You make this too easy. Seriously. Now pay special attention to the link.....ITS FROM HER WEB SITE!

Moron.
that doesnt mean she is "from" Fox News moron

and once again autozona lies
Malkin is NOT "from Fox" or even "from Fox News"

I&#8217;m a mother, wife, blogger, conservative syndicated columnist, author, and Fox News Channel contributor. My other blog is Hot Air.

Michelle Malkin » About

You make this too easy. Seriously. Now pay special attention to the link.....ITS FROM HER WEB SITE!

Moron.
that doesnt mean she is "from" Fox News moron

You only see her on Fox. they are the only crappy station who are crappy enough to have her on.

She is from fox. All contributors who exclusively speak on their shows are FROM fox. They pay her to speak, just like they do juan Williams (although he speaks on other shows).

Am i going to fast for you, or did you just say, uh oh....he proved me wrong again.

Remember, Fox lies.

Last edited:

Anyone reporting unofficial numbers at this point must be lying, according to you. Brilliant.

And, as neither Park Police, Metro Police, and/or DCFD give official estimates any longer, they must be lying as well, if we use your logic.

I understand being a little off, but to miss it by 1,930,000 people is a little bit Fox like, you agree?
I trust what the fire department says...and they say 70k...NOT 2 FFREAKING MILLION.

Fox...Malkin and Beck are liars. Agree?

Last edited:
Regardless - at least 200k at DC on 9-12.

A very impressive number...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sjvc6baor8]YouTube - 9/12 Protest Washington DC Time Lapse Footage 0800 - 1130[/ame]

Forum List

Back