False photo passed around of 9/12 protest crowd

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
9/12 Tea Party Photo: False Image Spread By Anti-Reform Activists

Tea Party protesters trying to tout the size of their march on Washington last weekend have been passing around a photo of a packed National Mall. But the picture is years old.

Politifact asked Pete Piringer, public affairs officer for the D.C. Fire and Emergency Department, if the rally was big enough to fill that space. Piringer said no -- and moreover, the picture can't be from 2009.
<more>

What a riot. These people were so disappointed that the didn't get several hundred thousand that they had to pretend they had over 1 million!

As if no one would notice. :lol::lol::lol:

What a riot. These people were so disappointed that the didn't get several hundred thousand that they had to pretend they had over 1 million!

Michelle Malkin (from Fox of course) said it was 2 million. (She wasn't there and neither was Beck?????!!)

Once again, when I say Fox lies, believe me.

Michelle Malkin (from Fox of course) said it was 2 million. (She wasn't there and neither was Beck?????!!)

lmao........I love the way its being described by the network news.......the protestors as "racist". Its a beautiful thing. Why? Because the vast majority of America IS white and you now what?? People are getting sick and tired of this crap that if you criticize the black president, you're a racist. Fcukk that.........and every time they go there, it only feeds the emerging fire in the silent majority:funnyface::funnyface::funnyface::rofl:

The worm is turning s0ns.......................

worm-1.jpg

The media IS making it a racial thing = bad tidings for the k00ks!!!! Most Indpendents are white..........!!!

Last edited:

and once again autozona lies
Malkin is NOT "from Fox" or even "from Fox News"

lmao........I love the way its being described by the network news.......the protestors as "racist". Its a beautiful thing. Why? Because the vast majority of America IS white and you now what?? People are getting sick and tired of this crap that if you criticize the black president, you're a racist. Fcukk that.........and every time they go there, it only feeds the emerging fire in the silent majority:funnyface::funnyface::funnyface::rofl:

The worm is turning s0ns.......................

worm-1.jpg

The media IS making it a racial thing = bad tidings for the k00ks!!!! Most Indpendents are white..........!!!

Nobody Cares s0n!!!

Your posts are unreadable

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:eusa_hand::eusa_hand::eusa_hand::eusa_hand::eusa_hand:

I can't figure out WHO, if ANYONE Malkin works for, but it certainly doesn't appear to be any of the major news outlets (or the minor ones). I did find this link where she is stepping all over herself trying to find an explanation for the initial 2 MILLION estimate, which was later downgraded to 1.2 MILLION, which was later downgraded to "pretty darn big"......pathetic.

Michelle Malkin » Celebrating the 9/12 rallies; Turnout estimated at 2 million; Update: How many?; FreedomWorks in error

However big it was, it was bigger than expected. From the NYT: &#8220;Many came on their own and were not part of an organization or group. But the magnitude of the rally took the authorities by surprise, with throngs of people streaming from the White House to Capitol Hill for more than three hours.&#8221;

poor poor poor desperate sinking jackazzes.. :lol::lol::lol::lol: starting one thread right after another on the same damn subject where is that jackazz who was whining about this very subject not so long ago????

poor poor poor desperate sinking jackazzes.. :lol::lol::lol::lol: starting one thread right after another on the same damn subject where is that jackazz who was whining about this very subject not so long ago????

Well, when you tea baggers resort to faking pictures to cover up your lower than hoped for turnouts, you make it SO easy for everyone to make fun of you. What do you expect?

and once again autozona lies
Malkin is NOT "from Fox" or even "from Fox News"

I’m a mother, wife, blogger, conservative syndicated columnist, author, and Fox News Channel contributor. My other blog is Hot Air.

Michelle Malkin » About

You make this too easy. Seriously. Now pay special attention to the link.....ITS FROM HER WEB SITE!

Moron.

I can't figure out WHO, if ANYONE Malkin works for, but it certainly doesn't appear to be any of the major news outlets (or the minor ones). I did find this link where she is stepping all over herself trying to find an explanation for the initial 2 MILLION estimate, which was later downgraded to 1.2 MILLION, which was later downgraded to "pretty darn big"......pathetic.

Michelle Malkin » Celebrating the 9/12 rallies; Turnout estimated at 2 million; Update: How many?; FreedomWorks in error

However big it was, it was bigger than expected. From the NYT: &#8220;Many came on their own and were not part of an organization or group. But the magnitude of the rally took the authorities by surprise, with throngs of people streaming from the White House to Capitol Hill for more than three hours.&#8221;

I&#8217;m a mother, wife, blogger, conservative syndicated columnist, author, and Fox News Channel contributor. My other blog is Hot Air.

Michelle Malkin » About

She is on the tube for fox a lot. FOX. NO other t.v. shows, only fox. Remember, it was 2 million people there. LOL

Oh and Dive Con was wrong again. When you hear that Fox lies, believe it.

Last edited:
So, how did the numbers go from 2 million to "bigger than expected"? What possible credibility could this moron have left?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sjvc6baor8]YouTube - 9/12 Protest Washington DC Time Lapse Footage 0800 - 1130[/ame]

I was actually on the Capitol steps at 11:00am on 9/12...and I took this picture.

001_21581685_resized616.jpg

(BTW, my real name is Wolfgang Hoyt.)

I was reading the numbers claimed as 70,000 to 2 mil depending on which media source was reporting it at the time. The local stations here in the DC area continue to report hundreds of thousands attended, which given the fact they are constantly covering protests and other events that constantly occur in this city, generally have a very good idea of numbers in attendance. Hundreds of thousands will fill up the Mall and adjoining streets quickly.

Who are 'these people"? Who posted a fake photo? The article in the OP does not name any specific person/site who used this fake photo. I'm not surprised, though; the HuffPo is not known for being specific and/or thorough.

Last edited:
I was reading the numbers claimed as 70,000 to 2 mil depending on which media source was reporting it at the time. The local stations here in the DC area continue to report hundreds of thousands attended, which given the fact they are constantly covering protests and other events that constantly occur in this city, generally have a very good idea of numbers in attendance. Hundreds of thousands will fill up the Mall and adjoining streets quickly.

Agreed - likely around 200k or so at the DC 9-12 protest.

A considerable number.

The tide is no longer turning - it has turned...

Forum List

Back