False Outrage Over The Cost Of Tax Cuts

cutter

Gold Member
Oct 17, 2010
All those lawmakers that are so worried about the cost of the tax bill are making it so much better by adding 55Billion for such things as the Rum Industry and Motor Sports Car Complex. I guess this will make it better for all those outraged lawmakers to accept. What a bunch of hypocrites.

"Cost" necessitates an outlay of revenue.
There's no outlay of revenue for tax cuts, and thus, no cost.

Tax cuts may lead to LESS revenue, but that's not a cost; any effect of reduced revenue is not related to the reduction of revenue itself, but the voluntary decision to spend more than the revenue available.

All those lawmakers that are so worried about the cost of the tax bill are making it so much better by adding 55Billion for such things as the Rum Industry and Motor Sports Car Complex. I guess this will make it better for all those outraged lawmakers to accept. What a bunch of hypocrites.

No earmarks huh? Lie, lie,lie..............

Tax cuts may lead to LESS revenue, but that's not a cost; any effect of reduced revenue is not related to the reduction of revenue itself, but the voluntary decision to spend more than the revenue available.

The outlay is already in place, genius.

This doesnt negate anything that I said. Genius.

This doesnt negate anything that I said. Genius.

So the Republicans and Obama are making a voluntary decision to spend more than the revenue available by reducing the amount of revenue available while not touching spending,
and you support it.

Tax cuts don't cost anything.

Only in a seriously screwed up mind can say that people keeping more of their money is somehow a cost to those who had no right to it in the first place.

Only in a seriously screwed up mind can say that people keeping more of their money is somehow a cost to those who had no right to it in the first place.

Do you work? Do you pay bills? Would a pay cut cost you anything?

The government has a right to your money, btw. It's called the law.

I devoted an entire thread to pointing out the obvious, and all that happened is people tried to find new ways to define tax cuts as expenses.

No earmarks huh? Lie, lie,lie..............

Point one, that applies to the next Congress.
Point two, they are politicians, they lie.
Point three, the Democtrats are adding most of this crap.
Point four, everybody lies.

Do you work? Do you pay bills? Would a pay cut cost you anything?

The government has a right to your money, btw. It's called the law.

Yes I work. That's precisely why I know that my money is mine and not the governments.

The only "faux" outrage has come from the right. With the exception of a few Liberatarians like Ron Paul, no one on the right was even mildly annoyed at Bush's wild spending spree. Soon as Bush was history..the Tea Partiers began showing up at town halls hooting and hollering about spending. The white seat wasn't even cold when this bullshit started. And continued right up to the midterms. Now the righties have gone downright Orwellian..with terms. Earmarks aren't earmarks any more..but special appropriations to districts. That Bush tax cut isn't a tax cut anymore..it's a tax increase (if it sunsets..as it should). Compromise..is now something called "Common Ground".

Amazing..the big spenders don't even have their asses in the seats yet and they are changing their tune.

The only "faux" outrage has come from the right. With the exception of a few Liberatarians like Ron Paul, no one on the right was even mildly annoyed at Bush's wild spending spree. Soon as Bush was history..the Tea Partiers began showing up at town halls hooting and hollering about spending. The white seat wasn't even cold when this bullshit started. And continued right up to the midterms. Now the righties have gone downright Orwellian..with terms. Earmarks aren't earmarks any more..but special appropriations to districts. That Bush tax cut isn't a tax cut anymore..it's a tax increase (if it sunsets..as it should). Compromise..is now something called "Common Ground".

Amazing..the big spenders don't even have their asses in the seats yet and they are changing their tune.

The big spenders have had their asses in the seats for the past 4 years and we've been seriously screwed for it.

Not to mention, they are not tax cuts but rather keeping the taxes at their current rates.

Forum List

Back