False hope of renewables...settled science

How Deadly Is Your Kilowatt We Rank The Killer Energy Sources - Forbes

Energy Source Mortality Rate (deaths/trillionkWhr)

Coal – global average 170,000 (50% global electricity)

Coal – China 280,000 (75% China’s electricity)

Coal – U.S. 15,000 (44% U.S. electricity)

Oil 36,000 (36% of energy, 8% of electricity)

Natural Gas 4,000 (20% global electricity)

Biofuel/Biomass 24,000 (21% global energy)

Solar (rooftop) 440 (< 1% global electricity)

Wind 150 (~ 1% global electricity)

Hydro – global average 1,400 (15% global electricity)

Nuclear – global average 90 (17% global electricity w/Chern&Fukush)

Interesting list. Obviously they lowballed the nuclear deaths at Chernobyl and Fukushima. Would like to know to what they attributed the 440 deaths for solar. Falling off of roofs?

The death toll from Chernobyl looks to top 1,000,000 before the total effects are over.
Chernobyl Death Toll 985 000 Mostly from Cancer Global Research

Your death figures are totally made-up figures manufactured from thin air by the EPA.

Whenever an environmental wacko posts figures of any kind, you can count on the fact that they are totally bogus.

Hey Walleyes, you lying dog, what you are claiming is that the people that died from the after affects of Hiroshima should not be counted as victims of the bomb.

People die all the time. To claim "stress related" due to a nuclear accident is simply retarded and is indicative of the biased shit that politically motivated "scientists" such as those you favor spew out on a regular basis. When they do it for the tobacco companies you're all up in their face, when they do it for something you support you're A-OK with it. Talk about an unethical POS, you are that in spades.

It is authored by three noted scientists:

Russian biologist Dr. Alexey Yablokov, former environmental advisor to the Russian president;

Dr. Alexey Nesterenko, a biologist and ecologist in Belarus; and

Dr.Vassili Nesterenko, a physicist and at the time of the accident director of the Institute of Nuclear Energy of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus.

Its editor is Dr. Janette Sherman, a physician and toxicologist long involved in studying the health impacts of radioactivity.

The book is solidly based — on health data, radiological surveys and scientific reports — some 5,000 in all.

Real scientists doing real science.

Fake bullshit by politically motivated asshats. Like you.

How Deadly Is Your Kilowatt We Rank The Killer Energy Sources - Forbes

Energy Source Mortality Rate (deaths/trillionkWhr)

Coal – global average 170,000 (50% global electricity)

Coal – China 280,000 (75% China’s electricity)

Coal – U.S. 15,000 (44% U.S. electricity)

Oil 36,000 (36% of energy, 8% of electricity)

Natural Gas 4,000 (20% global electricity)

Biofuel/Biomass 24,000 (21% global energy)

Solar (rooftop) 440 (< 1% global electricity)

Wind 150 (~ 1% global electricity)

Hydro – global average 1,400 (15% global electricity)

Nuclear – global average 90 (17% global electricity w/Chern&Fukush)

Interesting list. Obviously they lowballed the nuclear deaths at Chernobyl and Fukushima. Would like to know to what they attributed the 440 deaths for solar. Falling off of roofs?

The death toll from Chernobyl looks to top 1,000,000 before the total effects are over.

Even the UN laughs at the number of 985,000. As does every other reputable person on the planet. The only people pushing your number are the tin foil hat wearing lunatics.

Except fusion is not possible. But you go on with your imaginary money and believe that.
It's "not possible?" It occurs every day in the Sun. So how can that be true?
Because that's not what we're talking about.

My mistake. I thought you were talking about nuclear fusion.
No mistake. You know we're not talking about the freaking sun.

Since the process obviously occurs naturally, what gives you the gonads to claim it can't be reproduced artificially? Aren't you one of the morons who claims that solar can be made competitive with fossil fuels if only enough money is invested in it?
No you're the moron who imagined I did. If you're going to discuss my positions on solar and fossil fuels you should at least know what they are. Not like I haven't made my position clear.

It's "not possible?" It occurs every day in the Sun. So how can that be true?

Since the process obviously occurs naturally, what gives you the gonads to claim it can't be reproduced artificially? Aren't you one of the morons who claims that solar can be made competitive with fossil fuels if only enough money is invested in it?
No you're the moron who imagined I did. If you're going to discuss my positions on solar and fossil fuels you should at least know what they are. Not like I haven't made my position clear.

So you're saying you don't believe solar and wind power can be made competitive with fossil fuels?

So you're saying you don't believe solar and wind power can be made competitive with fossil fuels?
No I said you should get a clue on my positions if you are going to argue with them.

U.S. Solar Market Insight SEIA

The U.S. installed 1,354 megawatts (MW) of solar photovoltaics (PV) in the third quarter of 2014 to total 16.1 gigawatts (GW) installed PV capacity, with another 1.4 GW of concentrating solar power (CSP) capacity, enough to power 3.5 million homes. This quarter was the second largest quarter in history for solar growth, and SEIA and GTM Research predict another record-breaking year for 2014, with total installed capacity reaching three times the size of the market just three years ago.

No I said you should get a clue on my positions if you are going to argue with them.

In other words, you're a spineless weasel who doesn't want to admit what your positions are.

No I said I have stated my positions many times and everyone knows them. And also that you are a compulsive quoter who quotes quotes. Were you dropped on your head as a child?

U.S. Solar Market Insight SEIA

The U.S. installed 1,354 megawatts (MW) of solar photovoltaics (PV) in the third quarter of 2014 to total 16.1 gigawatts (GW) installed PV capacity, with another 1.4 GW of concentrating solar power (CSP) capacity, enough to power 3.5 million homes.

Installed MW is nice. Any estimates of EFFECTIVE MW from these folks? Lets face it, until the sun starts shining 24/7, capacity isn't the correct metric, but effective is. Perhaps delivered? All the CAPACITY in the world isn't worth a dime without sunlight, or the number of hours of sunlight in a day to calculate an EFFECTIVE generation number.

It is like claiming you've installed 500HP in your garage because you bought a Corvette, but really, you don't USE all that power and are far more likely to putter around town using 100HP here or there to outrun some family sedan at a stoplight....the 500HP is just a bragging number utilized only by very few, and not very often, and in the case of solar panels, you KNOW you can't ever use the capacity 24/7.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back