False Doctrines Of The Rcc

ninjalion continues to speak without authority about matters he does not comprehend.

I've never heard of anyone being condemned for believing too much, only for unbelief.

ninjalion continues to speak without authority about matters he does not comprehend.

I'm not sure you are in a much better position, my friend.:)

Considering I do understand matters Christian and Mormon restoration better than you, I will just smile.

I shared your take on Mosiah 3 and 4 with my friend, and the Stake President, a guy I have known forever (inside joke there, so you will get it), broke out laughing, then he got serious and said, "Did your friend [meaning you] really mean that? If King Benjamin gathered his subjects by commandment, as he certainly did, his 'counsel' was not optional; it was mandatory."

You need to talk to your leadership file, bro.

Considering I do understand matters Christian and Mormon restoration better than you, I will just smile.

I shared your take on Mosiah 3 and 4 with my friend, and the Stake President, a guy I have known forever (inside joke there, so you will get it), broke out laughing, then he got serious and said, "Did your friend [meaning you] really mean that? If King Benjamin gathered his subjects by commandment, as he certainly did, his 'counsel' was not optional; it was mandatory."

Considering despite the fact that we've talked about that multiple times and you still don't understand what I am saying, I am not sure the problem is with me.

I can't tithe to my Methodist church because they pay alms to the New World Church, with no understanding at all about that church being an offshoot of Satan's New World Order. Not one church has it 100% right. Pray for discernment before walking into any church these days.

Considering despite the fact that we've talked about that multiple times and you still don't understand what I am saying, I am not sure the problem is with me.

Then you both need to go up the chain because there is no such thing as volutnary libertarian Restoration economic models. Especially when they conflict with current GC addresses. I should have been a Mormon, since I know this much better than many of you on the far right and libertarian wings. JS and BY and WW and JT and all the rest, cept the younger ETB, were not libertarians. Well, up to you, of course.

you should worry about what Jesus teached. Lets go one by one- I'll prove to you each is an incorrect teaching at best, false doctrine at worst. Pick one.

We have so very few words of the Savior literally, and anyone who accepts the Bible literally beyond that puts himself in the hands of another human being. Lean on the Lord, lion, for that is your salvation.

And listen to me as if I am the literal word, I hear myself saying. Forgive my pomposity, friends. I accept your hands in the fellowship of Christ, to quote John Wesley, and urge you to lean on the Lord and His Spirit.

Its kind of funny, suggesting that the RCC are not adhering to Christianity. In fact, it seems like the op is claiming they are trying to deliberately mislead people!! Well, if that was the case, what can we say abut all the Protestants? Where do they get there doctrines from?

Let me answer that last question--The RCC!! They had the information for over a thousand years!! They could have changed it, rewritten it, and even destroyed large parts of the "Holy Text" and no Protestant would be the wiser for it. In fact, they could have changed it so that their practices would match up exactly to what they had rewritten.

How does that sit with our dear op? I guess questioning the RCC 'christian integrity' does have its theological pitfalls for Protestants!! :eusa_think:

Martin Luther nearly tossed The Book of James because it was hard, hard, hard to fit into the protestant wave.

Saints can, not just any ordinary dead person. You pray TO saints to petition to God FOR your dead relatives.

Nope. Don't even pray to Jesus, or His mother. Why would you pray to a creation, when Christ made it possible to go boldly to the creator? What makes you think that Mary or Paul, or David, or Abraham have any more power to grant your petitions than I do? Or Pastor Bill has, or any other creation has?

Whom, other than the Father did Christ pray to? When the disciples asked Him HOW to pray, He told them to say this:
Our Father.............
Follow Christ. The others do not have the power to bless you. Go to the Father, cleansed by Christ.

Last edited:
the doctrine of Purgatory. A false doctrine for several reasons. First of all for bringing in cash to the RCC. Indulgences.

Secondly, purgatory is good for the RCC and Priests. It keeps the "faithful" coming back to do confession; because we wouldn't want a mortal or venial sin to keep us out of Heaven!

Thirdly, the RCC does not understand/trust Jesus FULLY. Jesus said "it is FINISHED". No more sacrifice for sin. Jesus covers ALL OUR SINS. BEFORE AND AFTER BEING SAVED.

The RCC affirms the existence of purgatory. In her understanding, the priest‟s absolution “takes away sin.” Nevertheless, the
penitent “must still recover his full spiritual health by doing something more to make amends for the sin: he must "make satisfaction for‟ or "expiate‟ his sins.
This satisfaction is also called "penance".
Penance can be a prayer, an offering, and an act of mercy, voluntary abstinences etc.

The main verses Catholics use to justify purgatory is- 2 Maccabees 12:46: “Thus he made atonement for the dead that they might be freed from sin.” (keep in mind the Jews did not include it in the OT. for many good reasons).

in the NT- Catholics misinterpret these verses;

In Matthew 5:26 and Luke 12:59 Christ is condemning sin and speaks of liberation only after expiation. “Amen, I say to you, you will not be released until you have paid the last penny.”

Matthew 12:32 says, “And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven; but whoever speaks against the holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.”

Revelation 21:27: “…but nothing unclean will enter it, nor anyone who does abominable things or tells lies.”

I will explain why they misinterpret these verses in my next post tonight....

ninjalion, you concern yourself with your relationship with Jesus, 'cause there's some obvious slippage.

Saints can, not just any ordinary dead person. You pray TO saints to petition to God FOR your dead relatives.

Nope. Don't even pray to Jesus, or His mother. Why would you pray to a creation, when Christ made it possible to go boldly to the creator? What makes you think that Mary or Paul, or David, or Abraham have any more power to grant your petitions than I do? Or Pastor Bill has, or any other creation has?

Whom, other than the Father did Christ pray to? When the disciples asked Him HOW to pray, He told them to say this:
Our Father.............
Follow Christ. The others do not have the power to bless you. Go to the Father, cleansed by Christ.

Irish Ram. It is hard for them to follow Christ through all the legalism, burdens, laws and sacraments of their mother church:)

Place you faith in your relationship with Jesus, ninjalion, not a fallible book.

Forum List

Back