Falmouth Mass may dismantle wind turbines due to illnesses

I'm curious...do arrogant asses naturally gravitate to progressivism, or does progressivism lead to arrogant assery?

Dunno. Go ask one.

Daveman said:
Falmouth's turbines suck, and the locals don't want them anymore. Your petulant foot-stamping does not change that fact.

Grow up, kid.

Falmouth's turbines are doing exactly what they are designed to do, in exactly the way they were designed to do it, and were presented to the people in advance of their construction, should they desire to change, debate or stop those plans.

They didn't.

NIMBYs bitching like deflowered cheerleaders after a raucous prom night does not change these facts. Your enabling of those who wish to duck personal responsibility at every opportunity marks you quite a bit better than your estimate of my age.

And there it is --- the debased justification for opportunistically snatching someone's virginity on Prom night.. Figure you would make a good politician..

Actually --- that's the only point I agree with you on.. These folks SHOULD have been more pro-active. But they were CONDITIONED by the media and peer pressure to believe they were being altruistic and saving the world.

Your argument however --- does fall apart in the same manner as your more technical objections. Because these folks appear to have been ACTIVELY DEFRAUDED. And as you know, they don't have to whine and sniffle like that deflowered virgin. They HAVE remedies and APPARENTLY --- they intend to use them..

So YOU have to STFU (like that's gonna happen) and let the system work. :lol:
We will discover whether this nuisance was CONSENTUAL or rape..

Last edited:
It would be funny if someone built a coal-fired power plant in your neighborhood. Your whining would be epic. :lmao:

My whining would not exist. I would move if it bothered me. It is what normal folks do. We don't invent diseases that don't exist, we don't start internet whining and bitching campaigns pretending to be a victim (interestingly, of their own ignorance in this case) or do youtube videos demanding others lacking in character to join in, creating some sort of excuse reinforcement group.

We complete our due diligence, we think critically about what we want, and what we don't want, we pay attention, and when the time comes, we act.

You support and hang out with the whiners and moaners and criers if you want, but certainly you are in no position to demand that those of us not so morally crippled should do the same.

I highly doubt the you would "just move".. Because the damages to your property values would probably prevent you from walking away from that disaster with enough equity to obtain a similiar residence. Unless you ARE really a progressive and becoming a "brave victim" is more valuable to you than your homestead value.

No diseases NEED to be invented here. Environmental noise is a known nuisance and can affect health. No special attribution to Wind Turbines required. Just the PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE that these power generators are like any other long-lasting noise source.

I'm curious...do arrogant asses naturally gravitate to progressivism, or does progressivism lead to arrogant assery?

Dunno. Go ask one.

Daveman said:
Falmouth's turbines suck, and the locals don't want them anymore. Your petulant foot-stamping does not change that fact.

Grow up, kid.

Falmouth's turbines are doing exactly what they are designed to do, in exactly the way they were designed to do it, and were presented to the people in advance of their construction, should they desire to change, debate or stop those plans.

They didn't.

NIMBYs bitching like deflowered cheerleaders after a raucous prom night does not change these facts. Your enabling of those who wish to duck personal responsibility at every opportunity marks you quite a bit better than your estimate of my age.
Are you aware yet of the extent of your impotence? Your grand pronouncements have less effect on Falmouth than the gravitational pull of Pluto.

But my all means, keep whining. It's still slightly entertaining. :lol:

It would be funny if someone built a coal-fired power plant in your neighborhood. Your whining would be epic. :lmao:

My whining would not exist. I would move if it bothered me. It is what normal folks do. We don't invent diseases that don't exist, we don't start internet whining and bitching campaigns pretending to be a victim (interestingly, of their own ignorance in this case) or do youtube videos demanding others lacking in character to join in, creating some sort of excuse reinforcement group.

We complete our due diligence, we think critically about what we want, and what we don't want, we pay attention, and when the time comes, we act.

You support and hang out with the whiners and moaners and criers if you want, but certainly you are in no position to demand that those of us not so morally crippled should do the same.
And yet, somehow, YOU'RE in a position to demand that the people in Falmouth STFU and put up with the turbines.

And the REALLY funny part? You actually believe that.

I'm going to laugh in your face now, and there's absolutely NOTHING you can do about it.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

And there it is --- the debased justification for opportunistically snatching someone's virginity on Prom night.. Figure you would make a good politician..

Actually --- that's the only point I agree with you on.. These folks SHOULD have been more pro-active. But they were CONDITIONED by the media and peer pressure to believe they were being altruistic and saving the world.

As they say within the jurisprudence world, ignorance of the law is not an excuse for breaking it. Claiming that the MSM and your idiot neighbor or incompetent political leadership you voted for (or not) made you suffer from a lack of personal responsibility and the ability to think for yourself doesn't fly either.

Peer pressure? You are referring to the famous parent line of "if your friends jump off a cliff are you going to do it too?".

At the end of the day, it all comes back around to each and every one of us taking responsibility for our actions, and those consequences. Consequences like having nonsense shoved down our throats because we elect certain people. Consequences like people building stuff near us we don't like because we can't be bothered to find out in advance about the consequences of those things near us.

A sign on my desk when someone comes to me with a problem, " You Can't Fix Stupid, so Don't Ask Me To".

flacaltenn said:
Your argument however --- does fall apart in the same manner as your more technical objections. Because these folks appear to have been ACTIVELY DEFRAUDED.

People are being actively defrauded everyday. My observation on fraud is that it is MUCH easier to do to people who don't take personal responsibility for their actions and therefore never feel bothered to do their due diligence.

flacaltenn said:
And as you know, they don't have to whine and sniffle like that deflowered virgin. They HAVE remedies and APPARENTLY --- they intend to use them..

Excellent. No complaints with people remedying a possible fraud after the fact....I object to the bitching and whining as a remedy, the creating fake diseases to generate sympathy, the playing the victim routine. I think it is excellent that they sue and settle the dispute where such disputes are supposed to be settled.

The hysterics are my primary objection, followed soon thereafter by the enablers who always fall for the routine of those claiming victim.

I highly doubt the you would "just move".. Because the damages to your property values would probably prevent you from walking away from that disaster with enough equity to obtain a similiar residence. Unless you ARE really a progressive and becoming a "brave victim" is more valuable to you than your homestead value.

You would be wrong. Because you aren't aware of my personal situation of course. I wouldn't lose a dime moving, and never have. Even more important, I have an interesting job, particularly as it pertains to where I live in relation to where I work. It allows me to claim I will move with really only ONE consideration...where do I want the kids to finish their high school education. Nothing more.

Build a nuke plant in my back yard. I move to the other side of the school district, or county, if I decide it is important to keep the kids in the same school. Or maybe I move from the Colorado suburbs to a mountain town in West Virginia. Or Tennessee. My job travels with me, so where I live is purely personal choice. I choose here. Build a nuke plant next door, and maybe I land in Juneau. Or Key West. Once all the kids are done with high school, I look forward to taking advantage of just this sort of flexibility.

flacaltenn said:
No diseases NEED to be invented here.

Then someone should tell them to stop.

flacaltenn said:
Environmental noise is a known nuisance and can affect health.

I have no doubt. But "can affect" is quite different than "is". Having to invent new diseases to garner sympathy is a tip off that the standard NIMBY victim routine certainly might be coming into play.

Your grand pronouncements have less effect on Falmouth than the gravitational pull of Pluto.

What grand pronouncements? For those with your poor reading comprehension (don't get me started on that topic, no matter how well you continually demonstrate it) my main point is that America has raised way too many whiners over the past half century, it is amazing how gullible the remainder are and how fast they fall for the victim card when it is played.

Not a grand pronouncement in sight, just an observation on how this country has changed even during my lifetime.

And yet, somehow, YOU'RE in a position to demand that the people in Falmouth STFU and put up with the turbines.

I certainly never said that. But I've already noted your poor reading comprehension, so your inability to demonstrate understanding isn't a surprise.

Your grand pronouncements have less effect on Falmouth than the gravitational pull of Pluto.

What grand pronouncements? For those with your poor reading comprehension (don't get me started on that topic, no matter how well you continually demonstrate it) my main point is that America has raised way too many whiners over the past half century, it is amazing how gullible the remainder are and how fast they fall for the victim card when it is played.

Not a grand pronouncement in sight, just an observation on how this country has changed even during my lifetime.

I certainly never said that. But I've already noted your poor reading comprehension, so your inability to demonstrate understanding isn't a surprise.

It's always funny when we play The Progressive Didn't Say What He Said.

Oddly enough, the progressive always seems to lose. :lmao:

You would be wrong. Because you aren't aware of my personal situation of course. I wouldn't lose a dime moving, and never have. Even more important, I have an interesting job, particularly as it pertains to where I live in relation to where I work. It allows me to claim I will move with really only ONE consideration...where do I want the kids to finish their high school education. Nothing more.

Build a nuke plant in my back yard. I move to the other side of the school district, or county, if I decide it is important to keep the kids in the same school. Or maybe I move from the Colorado suburbs to a mountain town in West Virginia. Or Tennessee. My job travels with me, so where I live is purely personal choice. I choose here. Build a nuke plant next door, and maybe I land in Juneau. Or Key West. Once all the kids are done with high school, I look forward to taking advantage of just this sort of flexibility.

flacaltenn said:
No diseases NEED to be invented here.

Then someone should tell them to stop.

flacaltenn said:
Environmental noise is a known nuisance and can affect health.

I have no doubt. But "can affect" is quite different than "is". Having to invent new diseases to garner sympathy is a tip off that the standard NIMBY victim routine certainly might be coming into play.

So I made the mistake of ASSUMING I would know your personal damages if a evil power plant or freeway appeared in YOUR backyard.. Stupid me..

Ever occur to you that YOUR ASSESSMENT of the damages to the folks in Falmouth just MIGHT be similiarly flawed? Nawwwwwwwww..

So I made the mistake of ASSUMING I would know your personal damages if a evil power plant or freeway appeared in YOUR backyard.. Stupid me..

Not really. You just went with the odds. Most people probably would take a financial hit if someone dropped a nuke plant next door. Most people are probably tied to a job at a single physical location. Most people live where they live and like it and don't want to move.

And most people watch reality TV, don't pay attention to the windmills being discussed for their neighborhood, don't do their due diligence and would rather whine like children that it is someone else's fault when things they don't like happen.

I don't do those things either.

flacalten said:
Ever occur to you that YOUR ASSESSMENT of the damages to the folks in Falmouth just MIGHT be similiarly flawed? Nawwwwwwwww..

Absolutely. 15 years as a scientist dealing with the uncertainty in complex systems means not only do I know that my assessment might be flawed, but should I be asked I might even provide the probability distribution to quantify it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back