Falmouth Mass may dismantle wind turbines due to illnesses

Ernie S.

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
Sweet Home Alabama
Two wind turbines towering above the Cape Cod community of Falmouth, Mass., were intended to produce green energy and savings -- but they've created angst and division, and may now be removed at a high cost as neighbors complain of noise and illness.

"It gets to be jet-engine loud," said Falmouth resident Neil Andersen. He and his wife Betsy live just a quarter mile from one of the turbines. They say the impact on their health has been devastating. They're suffering headaches, dizziness and sleep deprivation and often seek to escape the property where they've lived for more than 20 years.

Read more: Cape Cod community considers taking down wind turbines after illness, noise | Fox News

So it's not only songbirds and eagles being harmed by the monstrosities?

I think it is only fair that the people complaining be offered the alternative world without electricity, anything derived from natural gas or crude oil, nukes, or any of the other mechanisms that humankind has used to make a better life for themselves.

Those who choose this alternative should be moved at taxpayer expense to a place where they can live just this way, in peace and silence and harmony. Heck, we could even designate Amish country in Pennsylvania for these folks, and they could run off and be happy.

But I'm guessing these folks drive cars, use electricity, pharmaceuticals, plastic, fly upon occasion....yup....they only bitch when someone dares to put the cost of their lifestyle directly in front of them, only THEN do they bitch.

So you're OK with making people sick if it suits your agenda?
But killing babies is "choice"?

How about YOU moving to some place with ONLY "alternative energy". We are happy with a functional power grid.

Until you can supply my energy needs with your green energy, leave me the hell alone.

Last edited:

People aren't getting sick because of nearby windmills. They are CLAIMING they are getting sick because of the windmills. Quite a difference.

And also quite common among the NIMBY set, the first line of defense in the modern world to something you disagree with is to find some basis to file a lawsuit. Sickness is a good one, psychological damage from noise (ever been within 1/4 mile of a wind turbine? I have...not sure I could even hear the blades moving to be honest, maybe a sort of hum? Low frequency kind of thing?), just take whatever the high voltage power line folks have been pretending ails them all these years and say the same things.

Problem solved.

I think it is only fair that the people complaining be offered the alternative world without electricity, anything derived from natural gas or crude oil, nukes, or any of the other mechanisms that humankind has used to make a better life for themselves.

Those who choose this alternative should be moved at taxpayer expense to a place where they can live just this way, in peace and silence and harmony. Heck, we could even designate Amish country in Pennsylvania for these folks, and they could run off and be happy.

But I'm guessing these folks drive cars, use electricity, pharmaceuticals, plastic, fly upon occasion....yup....they only bitch when someone dares to put the cost of their lifestyle directly in front of them, only THEN do they bitch.
We get about half our electricity from fossil fuels.

Go to your house's electrical service panel and switch off every other breaker.

You can turn them back on when "green" sources have the capability to directly replace fossil fuels.

It's only fair, right? Or are you going to bitch when someone dares put the cost of the lifestyle you want to dictate on everyone directly in front of you?

People aren't getting sick because of nearby windmills. They are CLAIMING they are getting sick because of the windmills. Quite a difference.

And also quite common among the NIMBY set, the first line of defense in the modern world to something you disagree with is to find some basis to file a lawsuit. Sickness is a good one, psychological damage from noise (ever been within 1/4 mile of a wind turbine? I have...not sure I could even hear the blades moving to be honest, maybe a sort of hum? Low frequency kind of thing?), just take whatever the high voltage power line folks have been pretending ails them all these years and say the same things.

Problem solved.
You don't get to dictate how other people live their lives.

I know that comes as a shock to you. Take a deep breath.

You can turn them back on when "green" sources have the capability to directly replace fossil fuels.

It's only fair, right? Or are you going to bitch when someone dares put the cost of the lifestyle you want to dictate on everyone directly in front of you?

why stop there

they also do not like hydro electric nor nuclear power

taking that into account they should flip the breakers

on all but one breaker

with that breaker being the lowest amperage

why stop there

on all but one breaker

No, no, no...they get to live however they want. Everyone ELSE has to alter their lifestyle to meet their demands.

Right, RGR?

why stop there

on all but one breaker

No, no, no...they get to live however they want. Everyone ELSE has to alter their lifestyle to meet their demands.

Right, RGR?

yeah that is about right --LOL

i was reading link earlier about Terra-Gen windmills and their bird killing problems

they have decided to prevent condor strikes

the farm will be fitted with a kill switch

when a condor with a radio collar

gets within 16 miles of the farm the radio signal will shut the farm down

between brown outs and condor outs folks out that way might want to

invest in a few candles

--LOL

why stop there

on all but one breaker

Right, RGR?

yeah that is about right --LOL

i was reading link earlier about Terra-Gen windmills and their bird killing problems

they have decided to prevent condor strikes

the farm will be fitted with a kill switch

when a condor with a radio collar

gets within 16 miles of the farm the radio signal will shut the farm down

between brown outs and condor outs folks out that way might want to

invest in a few candles

--LOL
:lmao: That's dumber'n hell.

It is only fair, and of COURSE I won't bitch!! But I'll do you one better....for starters the time to whine like a school girl isn't AFTER the turbines go up to provide a given group of people with the largesse they enjoy while dodging their involvement in the grubby business of making the world go round, it is BEFORE.

And while 1/2 of the AVERAGE persons power from the grid comes in based on fossil fuels, some of us are on the right side of that average. If it wasn't for making the choice to use good ol' fashioned produced right here in the USA domestic power to fill the batteries on our cars (and if I forgo A/C in the summer) I might not need ANY electricity from the grid, on an annual basis.

So my choice comes down to using imported expensive liquid fuels funding various jihadists, or using produced right here in the U S of A electricity to fuel my car, and not being able to disconnect from the grid just yet.

But I have hope!! Certainly taking control of ones power is central to anyone placing a priority on personal responsibility, unlike those happy to just take all the grid power and then bitch like school girls when it turns out it happens near them. I'm perfectly happy to live right next to my power generation....no problem!! Hell, I already live right beside the well, refinery and transportation system which puts fuel in my car!!

Last edited:

Right, RGR?

People do get to live however they want. They just don't get to BITCH when confronted by what it takes to make that possible.

It is only fair, and of COURSE I won't bitch!! But I'll do you one better....for starters the time to whine like a school girl isn't AFTER the turbines go up to provide a given group of people with the largesse they enjoy while dodging their involvement in the grubby business of making the world go round, it is BEFORE.
Question:

How do you hear a turbine and feel the effects it produces BEFORE it's built?
And while 1/2 of the AVERAGE persons power from the grid comes in based on fossil fuels, some of us are on the right side of that average.
And others are 100% dependent on fossil fuels.

You're awfully quick to volunteer them to sit in the cold and dark to further your agenda.
If it wasn't for making the choice to use good ol' fashioned produced right here in the USA domestic power to fill the batteries on our cars (and if I forgo A/C in the summer) I might not need ANY electricity from the grid, on an annual basis.

So my choice comes down to using imported expensive liquid fuels funding various jihadists, or using produced right here in the U S of A electricity to fuel my car, and not being able to disconnect from the grid just yet.

But I have hope!! Certainly taking control of ones power is central to anyone placing a priority on personal responsibility, unlike those happy to just take all the grid power and then bitch like school girls when it turns out it happens near them. I'm perfectly happy to live right next to my power generation....no problem!! Hell, I already live right beside the well, refinery and transportation system which puts fuel in my car!!
And if the well and refinery were putting out toxic fumes that sickened you, would you bitch like a school girl?

Hint: Yes. Yes, you would.

You don't get to decide that the problems other people have are less important than you feeling smug about saving the planet.

You don't get to dictate how other people live their lives.

Again, true. But people don't get to BITCH about how they live their lives when confronted by the COSTS of how they live their lives.
Ummm...yes, they do. I don't know if you're from America or not, but we have the freedom of speech here.

People can say what they want -- even if it hurts someone's widdle feewings.

Right, RGR?

People do get to live however they want. They just don't get to BITCH when confronted by what it takes to make that possible.
So...they should just STFU and put up with headaches, dizziness and sleep deprivation and not being able to enjoy their property...because they use electricity?

Ummm...no. Fix the turbines to alleviate the adverse health effects, or take 'em down.

You don't get to make that decision for them. You really need to understand that.

Question:

How do you hear a turbine and feel the effects it produces BEFORE it's built?

The same way I did. Admittedly, I am a naturally curious guy, but when taking personal responsibility for my energy use sometimes it requires tremendous effort! In the case of the windmills,I got off the interstate, drove up to the base of one of these monsters, and just sat there and was amazed by it. These are about 400 miles away from my house, so you can't say I didn't give it a good college try! The dumbasses who are now complaining could have sure done the same.

Smoky Hills Wind Farm - I-70 in Kansas

Daveman said:
And while 1/2 of the AVERAGE persons power from the grid comes in based on fossil fuels, some of us are on the right side of that average.
And others are 100% dependent on fossil fuels.

Like I said, personal responsibility, a lost art in America. One which we should get back to, but those who can't be bothered with due diligence don't get to BITCH about how the demand they are creating is supplied.

Daveman said:
You're awfully quick to volunteer them to sit in the cold and dark to further your agenda.

My agenda is that of personal responsibility. They want to sit in the cold and dark? Certainly I don't care if that is what they want to do. Conversely, I also don't object to them sitting in the light and heat...I only object to them bitching about what the world does to give them what they want as though they bear no personal responsibility.

Daveman said:
Hell, I already live right beside the well, refinery and transportation system which puts fuel in my car!!
And if the well and refinery were putting out toxic fumes that sickened you, would you bitch like a school girl?

Hint: Yes. Yes, you would.

Fortunately windmills don't give off toxic fumes so that certainly can't be the bitch from the NIMBYs now can it? As far as living near a REAL refinery versus the kind I have creating fuel for my car, the solution is obvious. Don't live near the refinery if you don't want to be bothered by it. The NIMBYs can do the same with windmills, but they don't have to obviously because they aren't putting off toxic fumes.

Daveman said:
You don't get to decide that the problems other people have are less important than you feeling smug about saving the planet.

I get to decide that people who want the benefit without the cost are clueless about where their lifestyle comes from and don't get to BITCH about it after they find out. But what they CAN do is not be hypocrites, but what are the odds that happening? Easy solution, doubt they ever even consider more than bitching. Hyperpocrites are like that.

amish-farm-cart.jpg

Ummm...yes, they do. I don't know if you're from America or not, but we have the freedom of speech here.

Sure, but that doesn't include making up sicknesses generated from windmills. America is also litigious out the wazoo and their are no limits to the lengths to which the NIMBYs will go to try and escape the cost of their lifestyle.

daveman said:
People can say what they want -- even if it hurts someone's widdle feewings.

Sure they can. They can even pretend to be sick and hope they can convince their neighbors to force the cost of their lifestyle on others.

Forum List

Back