Fallujah: We're going to flatten it now..But who's poor decsion

phadras

Feb 17, 2004
was it to stop the offensive there in April? That "politically correct" decision has resulted in the death of hundreds of Americans.. So whose massive error was it to appease the arab networks like al jeezera and the "Arab Street"? My thinking is it must have been Colin Powell. Don't believe it was Rumsfeld... So now can we finally axe Powell from the State Department? Message to Bush etal.. Do not allow the pin-striped pansies at the State Department to further screw up this war.. Let's just drive through these beheading bastards and finish the job.. Anyone have another opinion as to who made this foulup occur... I'm sticking with Powell 'cause the Pentagon would NEVER have stopped themselves...

phadras said:
was it to stop the offensive there in April? That "politically correct" decision has resulted in the death of hundreds of Americans.. So whose massive error was it to appease the arab networks like al jeezera and the "Arab Street"? My thinking is it must have been Colin Powell. Don't believe it was Rumsfeld... So now can we finally axe Powell from the State Department? Message to Bush etal.. Do not allow the pin-striped pansies at the State Department to further screw up this war.. Let's just drive through these beheading bastards and finish the job.. Anyone have another opinion as to who made this foulup occur... I'm sticking with Powell 'cause the Pentagon would NEVER have stopped themselves...

We should've, some time ago, dropped leaflets in that city - warning the women and childeren to bail - and then go in and level it with tactical nukes...

Are you forgetting Powell was a 5 star General? To call him a pussie is to Disgrace America shut your face before you say anything else stupid.

wolvie20m said:
Are you forgetting Powell was a 5 star General? To call him a pussie is to Disgrace America shut your face before you say anything else stupid.

And it was a guess at who was responsible... Do you have another person in mind...?

It was more in the Direction of the Iraqi Prime Minister, I forget which one it was back then they went through a few of em'. It was his call and he advised the US to back off. Sorry not meaning to call you stupid just wasn't a good thing to say about a past Gen.

wolvie20m said:

Powell was awesome as a general but when he took off the uniform and put on the suit, he became a diplomat - and he's been kind of a wuss ever since.

Decisions have to be made in short time periods and based on incomplete and often conflicting information. It's understandable if some decisions don't work out as hoped.

Besides, as with all counterfactuals, we'll never know if it actually would have been better to smash Fallujah up front. That action would have generated its own ramifications which may have led to a less desirable outcome than the present state of affairs.

In any case, there's nothing we can do about it now. All we can do is to pray that our boys succeed without too much sacrifice.

For the love of God we HAVE to stop pussyfooting around that place. Just kick it's ass. It pains me to say this, but alot of civilians are gonna die. That's just the way its gonna be. Either they will die, or more will die from car bombings and suicide bombings and random shootings. Soldiers will die too. But to let that place act as a beacon of hope to all the terrorists in that country simply can't continue.

New Topics

Forum List

Back