fall begins today!

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
youthinkdotcom_2769076_77061.jpg

happy20fall20fall20leaves.gif

Fall is my favorite time of year (second only to Christmas). Pretty colors, nice and cool out, time to start decorating things... I just put my little fall porch people out. :D

Fall is OK unless it pretends to be winter. ( and winter sucks )

What are you worried about? You're in Texas!
Few people outside of Texas understand that Texas isn't the stereotype of "hot all the time." For example: Fall blew in here where I'm at, literally, with an arctic cold front, brisk north winds, and even SNOW in some of the higher elevations in NE New Mexico which is nearby.

It's 55 degrees out there right now, N. wind 5-15 mph and to top it all off, most of the area got a good dose of rain overnight as well.

This is the Llano Estacado, the high plains. We are about 3,500 feet above sea level here. We get all four seasons very nicely, each one lasting its full length.

One of our local TV stations has a little do-hickey no one else has, they call it "School Net" and it's remote weather stations all hooked up via the internet, providing real-time weather conditions for the entire area.

Behold:

Praxis Software : WeatherActive JavaMapper Applet Ver 2.0a

Final Goodbye

Watching the stars
fade from the sky,
the leaves falling down,
the robin's last cry,
the grass turning brown,
A quietly uttered sigh.
The hardest part
of watching something die,
is whispering softly
the final "goodbye".

Nope! still summer here. bathed 1 cat and two dogs,, out on the deck with the water hose. we are all hot. hot I say.:lol: and 3 of us is clean.

First day of fall and I didn't even notice...though this morning was the first morning the kids wore coats & sweatshirts to school...
Hey, my daughter didn't bring her Seaside hoodie home, dammit...now I've got to track it down.

We have short springs and short falls. Loooong summers and looong winters.

Forum List

Back