Fakery--Deft and Deeply Ingrained

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
My, of my, does Lowry ever paint a true picture of Hillary! What a true snake oil saleman we have on the presidential stage with Hillary.

Hillary the Calculator
By Rich Lowry, National Review
January 23, 2007

When Hillary Clinton announced her presidential exploratory committee while sitting on a couch in her living room, she didn’t project warmth so much as a sense that she was desperately trying to project warmth.

As TV producer Steve Rosenbaum wrote of her performance on the liberal website The Huffington Post: “Hillary is struggling with words that are not her own. You can practically see the teleprompter reflected in her eyes. Every word has been word-smithed, every phrase looked at by a team of consultants.”

Welcome to the Hillary Clinton campaign, which will be the most blatantly calculated presidential campaign in memory. Almost all political campaigns involve falsity and playacting, but it is Hillary’s lot in life not to be able to fake it well, so the scriptwriting and the consultants’ work show through. She seems to take the advice to “act naturally” literally, and the acting is always more in evidence than the naturalness.

for full article:
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=ZWQ5NTY1ZGU2MWEzOTgwMDQwMTE0MzRmMjgzN2ZiN2E=

My, of my, does Lowry ever paint a true picture of Hillary! What a true snake oil saleman we have on the presidential stage with Hillary.

Hillary the Calculator
By Rich Lowry, National Review
January 23, 2007

When Hillary Clinton announced her presidential exploratory committee while sitting on a couch in her living room, she didn’t project warmth so much as a sense that she was desperately trying to project warmth.

As TV producer Steve Rosenbaum wrote of her performance on the liberal website The Huffington Post: “Hillary is struggling with words that are not her own. You can practically see the teleprompter reflected in her eyes. Every word has been word-smithed, every phrase looked at by a team of consultants.”

Welcome to the Hillary Clinton campaign, which will be the most blatantly calculated presidential campaign in memory. Almost all political campaigns involve falsity and playacting, but it is Hillary’s lot in life not to be able to fake it well, so the scriptwriting and the consultants’ work show through. She seems to take the advice to “act naturally” literally, and the acting is always more in evidence than the naturalness.

for full article:
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=ZWQ5NTY1ZGU2MWEzOTgwMDQwMTE0MzRmMjgzN2ZiN2E=

and know we know why bill got hummers from fat chicks

Forum List

Back