Fake schools offering F-1 Student Visas

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Officials with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) say every year, they bust hundreds of schools that served as fronts for illegal immigration operations, leaving thousands of foreign nationals who've paid tuition in exchange for a student visa in the lurch, while the head of the "school" often winds up forfeiting property, or, behind bars.

The latest example appears to come from the San Francisco Bay Area: Tri-Valley University based in Pleasanton. Federal prosecutors say it wasn't a school at all- rather an elaborate scheme to defraud the government, and perhaps the biggest scam of its kind.

Open since 2008, TVU's website touts on-line classes in engineering, medicine, and law, and a faculty list of more than 50 highly educated professionals. But those we contacted said they'd never seen the school, or taught a class. Many had no idea their names were on the site, which is peppered with numerous spelling and grammatical mistakes ("Now you graduate, we would like to hear from you, about life and how the study at TVU and the degree do to your career, not just your million dollar donation!").

ICE officials noticed enrollment nearly tripled in a matter of months to over 1,500 students- almost all from the same region of India, and each paying $5,400 per semester to the schools founder, Susan Su.

Court documents say "since its inception, Tri-Valley University has been a "sham" university which Su, and others, have used to facilitate foreign nationals in illegally acquiring student immigration status that authorizes them to remain in the United States."

Su was caught giving F-1 student visas to undercover agents posing as foreign nationals, who told her they wanted to come to the U.S, but had no intention of attending classes. According to the court filings, the university listed the same address - a single apartment in the Silicon Valley city of Sunnyvale - for nearly all the students.

Read more: “Sham” U. Students Scrambling to Stay Liveshots

Those fake students paid fake tuition for a fraudulent visa. Tough shit. Time's up. Leave.

Pallas Athena, people go through all this trouble just to pull off getting in illegally? And people complain that it's too difficult to it the legal way?

I have so many things to say about this.

The way i see it, so long as Americans in this country are having problems finding open schools, then we have no business offering educations to foreigners! When every person in this country that wants to be in college is IN college then we can offer spaces to foreigners.

And on this topic. I doesn't surprise me one bit.

What would happen if I showed up at the Mexican border and demanded free housing, food,medical care and a college education?

Officials with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) say every year, they bust hundreds of schools that served as fronts for illegal immigration operations, leaving thousands of foreign nationals who've paid tuition in exchange for a student visa in the lurch, while the head of the "school" often winds up forfeiting property, or, behind bars.

The latest example appears to come from the San Francisco Bay Area: Tri-Valley University based in Pleasanton. Federal prosecutors say it wasn't a school at all- rather an elaborate scheme to defraud the government, and perhaps the biggest scam of its kind.

Open since 2008, TVU's website touts on-line classes in engineering, medicine, and law, and a faculty list of more than 50 highly educated professionals. But those we contacted said they'd never seen the school, or taught a class. Many had no idea their names were on the site, which is peppered with numerous spelling and grammatical mistakes ("Now you graduate, we would like to hear from you, about life and how the study at TVU and the degree do to your career, not just your million dollar donation!").

ICE officials noticed enrollment nearly tripled in a matter of months to over 1,500 students- almost all from the same region of India, and each paying $5,400 per semester to the schools founder, Susan Su.

Court documents say "since its inception, Tri-Valley University has been a "sham" university which Su, and others, have used to facilitate foreign nationals in illegally acquiring student immigration status that authorizes them to remain in the United States."

Su was caught giving F-1 student visas to undercover agents posing as foreign nationals, who told her they wanted to come to the U.S, but had no intention of attending classes. According to the court filings, the university listed the same address - a single apartment in the Silicon Valley city of Sunnyvale - for nearly all the students.

Read more: “Sham” U. Students Scrambling to Stay Liveshots

Those fake students paid fake tuition for a fraudulent visa. Tough shit. Time's up. Leave.

And it is still happening 8 years later

Homeland Security Created A Fake University In Michigan As Part Of Immigration Sting

The complex sting operation resulted in the arrest of eight men who now face felony charges of conspiracy to defraud the United States. They are Barath Kakireddy, Suresh Reddy Kandala, Phanideep Karnati, Prem Kumar Rampeesa, Santosh Reddy Sama, Avinash Thakkallapally, Naveen Prathipati and Aswanth Nune.

I have so many things to say about this.

The way i see it, so long as Americans in this country are having problems finding open schools, then we have no business offering educations to foreigners! When every person in this country that wants to be in college is IN college then we can offer spaces to foreigners.

And on this topic. I doesn't surprise me one bit.
But what if the college doesn't want them? Half the kids who go to college drop out their first year. I don't think anyone is having trouble getting into college. If you are then go to community college first and get your trades up.

Forum List

Back