Faith-healing parents charged in baby's death

Like I said, if intent is needed for it to be "murder" I don't see how this could be considered murder, whereas a person who kills a child in a rage can't be charged with murder.

Like I said, if intent is needed for it to be "murder" I don't see how this could be considered murder, whereas a person who kills a child in a rage can't be charged with murder.

Oh I know it's not murder. They'll probably be charged with neglect and/or unintentional manslaughter....May not be convicted, but if I was charging them with something, that's would I would go with.

Oh I know it's not murder. They'll probably be charged with neglect and/or unintentional manslaughter....May not be convicted, but if I was charging them with something, that's would I would go with.

Dunno... reckless disregard for life, maybe....

But probably right... most likely involuntary manslaughter or the like.

It's completely treatable...IF YOU HAVE IT DIAGNOSED, or recognize the potential for harm.

Antibiotics are not the magical cure-all people have been lulled into thinking they are. Kids die every day of "treatable", and treated, diseases. Women still die during and after child birth. Antibiotics are great and definitely our lives have been improved and extended because of them. But don't think everyone who gets sick can be "cured" if they just take prescribed meds.

You claimed it 'reappeared'. It didn't go anywhere to reappear from. You talk in half truths and misleading facts. It's not hard to tell it's scarlet fever. The strawberry tounge, lacy rash and pealing hands/feet are very telling. But it's no more than a form of strep throat.

So you're saying the VILLAGE should raise the child...................BZZZZT THE VILLAGE SUCKS...............parents have to be held responsible for their actions................period, you can't protect everyone.:rolleyes:

people die everyday.....................sometimes by mistakes also by the medical practioners.................it's a shame but shit happens!!!!!!!

And where did you draw that from what I said... Talk about twisting words. I just said the debate is not over adult care but the rights of the child/parents. I didn't say what side I'm siding on. I have yet to make my mind on this one. I was just stating what the real question in all this is.

It disappeared almost as completely as polio. I didn't hear of one single case, personally, in the last 30 years. That's not to say it didn't exist at all (and I don't believe I said that). Now, suddenly, it's all over the place. That's not a half truth or a lie. It's perfectly true. I can't help it if you read into my posts more than I've actually written...which is that it's making a comeback, which it is.

You might consider this: Strep has evolved and isn't the same organism it was 30 years ago. So has staph. Both of these infections have grown resistant to antibiotics. That's a "fact".

The lie is that antibiotics can save everyone. The half truth is there is any way to predict who will be helped and who won't.

And where did you draw that from what I said... Talk about twisting words. I just said the debate is not over adult care but the rights of the child/parents. I didn't say what side I'm siding on. I have yet to make my mind on this one. I was just stating what the real question in all this is.
I was speaking of a growing sentiment.........not necessarily lambasting you for it!!!!!!:eusa_shifty:

It disappeared almost as completely as polio. I didn't hear of one single case, personally, in the last 30 years. That's not to say it didn't exist at all (and I don't believe I said that). Now, suddenly, it's all over the place. That's not a half truth or a lie. It's perfectly true. I can't help it if you read into my posts more than I've actually written...which is that it's making a comeback, which it is.

You might consider this: Strep has evolved and isn't the same organism it was 30 years ago. So has staph. Both of these infections have grown resistant to antibiotics. That's a "fact".

The lie is that antibiotics can save everyone. The half truth is there is any way to predict who will be helped and who won't.

Wow, I almost find myself in total agreement with you. There was a pretty interesting show on Science Friday about this the other day...scientists are developing lines of viruses that specifically attack certain bacteria to use as antibiotics become resistant. I forget what you call them, but they were supposedly used before antibiotics were discovered.

Wow, I almost find myself in total agreement with you. There was a pretty interesting show on Science Friday about this the other day...scientists are developing lines of viruses that specifically attack certain bacteria to use as antibiotics become resistant. I forget what you call them, but they were supposedly used before antibiotics were discovered.

But her comments about scarlet fever 'disappearing' isn't a truth. It's always been there. The abuse of antibiotics is a whole other beast. Too many pushed for them when their kids got ear aches when it wasn't really an infection. Too many demanded them for their flu symptoms. Then there's the ones that didn't take the full amount prescribed for them. It's not that the germs had gone any where and are suddenly back. No they have always been there, just have gotten stronger due to miss use of antibiotics.

Right, Angel, that's why I said almost in total agreement. My kids had strep throat as did I and all my sibs. It only turned to scarlet fever in my oldest brother but he ended up just fine.

But you did. Maybe you should reread before you hit the post button and think to yourself "how would I take these comments if they where directed at me".

No............I didn't , I was actually asking if that's the way you felt, and for you to clarify, your panties are in a bunch for nothing..........:rolleyes: :eusa_shifty:

Now do a little research and address your other mistaken premise......................about raw garlic :rolleyes:

Actually Angel.........I know FOR A FACT IT WORKS because I used it personally to cure a staph infection..................

Thank you. Please let Angel Heart know before she has an aneurism.

A.H., whoopie, your kids had scarlet fever and it was prevalent in your neck of the woods. My point remains. It virtually disappeared for years and years and is now much more common than it was. I don't know when your kids had it, but was it recently?

10 years ago-ish.

It's a very common childhood illness. One of the bad things about evolution is that diseases also evolve.

Thank you. Please let Angel Heart know before she has an aneurism.

A.H., whoopie, your kids had scarlet fever and it was prevalent in your neck of the woods. My point remains. It virtually disappeared for years and years and is now much more common than it was. I don't know when your kids had it, but was it recently?

I had it in the 70's... Most of my kids all had it in the 90's. So no not recently. Most think it's something major when scarlet fever really isn't. At one time it was. Back then it was called something else though and antibiotics had yet been discovered.

As for what Ravir said... They agreed with my replies to how often it happens and that it's been there all along. They where only PARTLY agreeing with you... Only on the antibiotic resistant bacteria that are out there. Not on scarlet fever disappearing.

Forum List

Back