Faith and Worship?

I think I don't know the answer.

So you are sincerely searching for the truth. That's a good thing.

Ummm... what was the question ??

Oh yeah, well if I understood it correctly, IMO, ethics are not dependent on faith nor vice versa.

• Banned
So you are sincerely searching for the truth. That's a good thing.

Ummm... what was the question ??

Oh yeah, well if I understood it correctly, IMO, ethics are not dependent on faith nor vice versa.

ethics? who said anything about ethics?

ethics? who said anything about ethics?

Nevermind. I'm very tired. Must have misread.

I suppose faith and worship do not necessarily go hand in hand either. I wouldn't know much about either though, being an atheist. Although, I do have faith of a sort.

Religion and Ethics Religion, Philosophy and the discussion of right and wrong

Is it a package deal or can you take one without the other?

---

Faith can exist without worship. Worship cannot exist without faith.

So there is more than one package to choose from.

pleased to be of service.

would that be paper or plastic?

Last edited:
There was a study that showed that ethicists were the most unethical people of all.

We're all ethicists and some of us are unethical, that's true.

Watch a couple of kids arguing over something, I bet you'll hear something along the lines of, "but that's not fair!". Welcome to ethics.

But on faith and worship. Doen't matter. You can have faith without worship and you can have worship without faith. Without a specific context it means nothing. I have faith in my football team but I don't worship them.

Last edited:
We're all ethicists and some of us are unethical, that's true.

Watch a couple of kids arguing over something, I bet you'll hear something along the lines of, "but that's not fair!". Welcome to ethics.

But on faith and worship. Doen't matter. You can have faith without worship and you can have worship without faith. Without a specific context it means nothing. I have faith in my football team but I don't worship them.
I worship my football team but I don't have faith in them.

If one has Faith, then they believe, if a Christian, that God made man, walked on this earth with us, in the form of Jesus....and that Jesus was killed as a sacraficial lamb, for all of our sins, so that we may see God, in the next life.

Kinda hard to have faith, without worshipping God/Jesus/Spirit.....

And perhaps the difficulty in this question is defining worship....I personally do not believe going to church or Temple etc is necessarily "worship".... Worship to me, means that you revere Him (her, it, whatever), you put no other gods before Him.....

This does not take going in to a religious building, it takes Faith or the belief that who or what you believe in is real, and if you recognize it as real, sight unseen, then you honor this person or God, by following what He taught you, as best as you can....that is worship to me.

care

Forum List

Back