Fairness Docrine Coming Back?

They are the public's airwaves. Just like the roads. You can't tell us that only Toyota's can run on roads in Alabama, can you? Well that's what you are doing with radio.

What planet are you from? Of course our government will step in and break up the monopoly.

And this is why Clinton shouldn't have signed the MEdia Deregulations Act in 1996. The GOP suckered him into signing that. Why did they deregulate it? It was better before. Now 5 companies own all the media. You don't see a problem with that? You would if it were dems that owned it all.

ITS NOT A MONOPOLY YOU FUCKING DOLT

The stations have the right to broadcast whatever they want, and they broadcast what gives them rating....are you that simple minded to think that a station woul dgive a shit what it put on the air as long as it was ok by the fcc and brought in ratings.

If liberal talk did that they would air it....however time and time again liberal station shave folded....happened in the past, present and will in the future.

We already understand your opinion on this subject. I was trying to explain why you are wrong.

But instead, we are just going to have to show you.

I was wondering why Randi hasn't been on all week. I miss her. She is the best.

Then there's Thom Hartmann.

Anyways, it is obvious the airwaves are deluted with right wing talk. Most of the names, I don't even know who they are.

And it is silly for you to assume/think/suggest that there is room for O'Reilly, Hannity, Beck, Rush, Savage and that there isn't enough room for one progressive to come in and be at least as popular as one or two of those people.

It's a lie, and you know it.

But I'd much rather the FCC and Reed/pelosi/Obama prove it to you by breaking up the monopoly. (no it isn't a monopoly, but close enough that it doesn't serve the publics interest to have the conversation be so one sided.

AND WRONG!!!! If your side was right, we wouldn't be having this conversation. The election proves that this country isn't what you guys suggested it was.

there is room!

Go ahead...knock yourself out

if they do well and get ratings GOOD FOR THEM!

However, they need to get ratings and they are only 2 liberal stations breaking the top 5 in their markets in the country!

San Fran and L.A

I love how the right wingers are conflicted on this issue too.

It is hard to stick with their argument that the media is liberal and at the same time argue against the fairness doctrine.

Because wouldn't the fairness doctrine help the right if the media was truly overwhelmingly liberal?

Sealy, talk radio is by and large conservative. Not because of any monopoly but because liberal talk radio doesn't get the ratings, therefore it doesn't make any money, therefore it doesn't stay on the air. Period.

Tv and newsprint are mostly liberal. Yes, there are conservative newsprint and tv but by and large they are liberal.

If the Fairness Doctrine were brought back (and I believe if they did this it would be a 'new and improved' version with more tweaking solely intended to squeeze out conservative talk radio) it would only apply to radio, not to tv and newsprint. This is the part you seem to be missing.

Forum List

Back