Fair Tax

Le tme see if I have this straight. The right wingers are pushing for a new tax a consumption tax on top of the taxes we already have?

I can start with a simple thing like tax matching.

And I can start with a simple thing like outsourcing, downsizing, freezing pay, working skeleton crews, firing longtime employees in order to hire someone for $10 an hour etc. The economy is anemic due to the "vodoo economics" trickle down fiasco for the past decade. All tax incentives went to the rich to no effect. NO jobs. NO booming economy. No "prosperity for everyone". When will you free market fools realize that top down doesn't work. You have to shore up the consumer that SPENDS. Bottom up. Oh wait, you guys are only concerned about the already wealthy. My bad...

Do you know about unemployment ratios? Are you aware of who pays unemployment?
Do you know the cost to have an accountant prpepare your books quiarterly to adhere to the tax laws of our land?
Mandatory insurances?
Real estate taxes?

Hell....do you have any idea of how much it costs to hire an employee?

WITHOUT health iunsurance....nearly 18% of the base salary is a cost to

Sometimes, things are going well and children are a blessing. Then, as one mentioned, the company skips town, the value of ones house plummets, and escape from the situation is impossible.

That is where Americans jump to help Americans.

Unfortunately, the government, for years, has opted to have Americans help the Americans it chooses they should help....and those that want to help can no longer help those they themseleves deem need the help.

And the viscious circle continues.

Yes, bad things happen to good and bad people, in all sorts of situations. And I am all for giving help to people that deserve it. People that wallow in poverty without any attempt to help their situation don't deserve my help any longer. There is a limit to the good nature of ones neighbors. I will help someone truly in need and truly trying to fix their issues.
How? Could it be by paying your taxes and letting a small percentage of that tax debt go to help Americans trapped in circumstances not of their creation?

Or will you come to Youngstown Ohio, Monaca Pennsylvania, Weirton West Virginia, Rome New York, Dearborn Michigan and help Americans trapped by no jobs, falling housing prices and no real prospects?

Maybe, just maybe, the federal government has some programs in place for just such circumstances. Hell. Making life a little easier for these hard working American families is a wiser use of tax dollars than giving a defense contractor $700 to make a better toilet seat!

Your reason is faulty in that you think I can help any of those families in finding a job. Finding a job is tough and mentally exhausting, but it has to be done.

Le tme see if I have this straight. The right wingers are pushing for a new tax a consumption tax on top of the taxes we already have?

No... the Fair Tax Bill specifically states that it does not take affect UNTIL the repeal of the 16th Amendment. Written in that way to avoid the very real threat of two forms of taxation.

Immie

Finding a job is tough and mentally exhausting, but it has to be done.

But... what if there aren't enough jobs to go around. Are there enough living wage jobs in this country for every able adult? Not even close.

No... the Fair Tax Bill specifically states that it does not take affect UNTIL the repeal of the 16th Amendment. Written in that way to avoid the very real threat of two forms of taxation.

Immie

Ohh so it is a just hooplah and is not going to happen. ok, thanks.
Why did I expect anything else from the right?

Finding a job is tough and mentally exhausting, but it has to be done.

But... what if there aren't enough jobs to go around. Are there enough living wage jobs in this country for every able adult? Not even close.

but all we need is a college degree and we are guaranteed above average incomes.
Now where that average winds up is another matter.

Immie

Hooplah?

No, it is actually a grassroots attempt to change the tax laws.

Ever going to happen?

Hell no, it won't happen because it removes power from Congress to control us.

Immie

Immie

Hooplah?

No, it is actually a grassroots attempt to change the tax laws.

Ever going to happen?

Hell no, it won't happen because it removes power from Congress to control us.

Immie

Nope won't happen, that is why I called it hoopalah.

It is a tool to use people. Nothing more, those pushing it know it won't happen as well.

Last edited:

And I can start with a simple thing like outsourcing, downsizing, freezing pay, working skeleton crews, firing longtime employees in order to hire someone for $10 an hour etc. The economy is anemic due to the "vodoo economics" trickle down fiasco for the past decade. All tax incentives went to the rich to no effect. NO jobs. NO booming economy. No "prosperity for everyone". When will you free market fools realize that top down doesn't work. You have to shore up the consumer that SPENDS. Bottom up. Oh wait, you guys are only concerned about the already wealthy. My bad...

Are you actually claiming that people with little money consume more than the wealthy?

The wealthy pay a much higher percentage of their income in taxes than anyone else. they also have many purchases, some very large, in which sales and property tax are paid.

You should be thanking them. They pay part of your share of things.

How can I debate with someone who is fixated on hypothesis and nowhere using facts.

Outrsourcing? Someone is STILL DOOING THE JOB.
Freezing pay? GET A NEW JOB
Skeleton crews? YOU REALLY THINK BUSINESS OWNERS ARE HAPOPY WITH A CREW THAT CANNOT MEET DEMAND?
I love this one....

fire a long time employee and replace with a 10 dollar an hour employee....

HOW GOOD CAN A LONG TIME EMPLOYEE BE IF HE IS EASILY REPLACED WITH A 10 AN HOUR EMPLOYEE.

Jeez....your argument is pathetic. They have you regurgitating such crap it makes you look foolish.

Last edited:

Are you actually claiming that people with little money consume more than the wealthy?

The wealthy pay a much higher percentage of their income in taxes than anyone else. they also have many purchases, some very large, in which sales and property tax are paid.

Now who was that Buffet? That said he paid a smaller percentage in income tax than those working for him.

Define "Able"
The people with no skills, who need an automated cash register because they cannot even enter prices accurately, do not really qualify as "Able" in my book.
Now define "Living Wage" - while remembering that the cost to live in downtown Manhattan is far more than the cost of living in rural Oklahoma. The person with a $1000/day coke habit won't be able to make ends meet on a quarter million a year, while someone who has a habit of reading a book a week can satisfy that urge with trips to the public library.
The "minimum" wage is supposed to allow someone working 40 hours a week to survive, if not prosper. Given the marginal skills and nonexistent work ethic of many people they do not earn the minimum wage they receive and are part of the problem. Now idiot CEO's are another source of trouble, but hardly part of the question about how taxes discourage business from operating in the US.

No hell they don't. They pay a much smaller percentage of their "income" than I pay and nothing on their entire "wealth" - which my entire "wealth" is my income - especially if they make money in the market instead of pulling a paycheck. 100% of my income is taxed for SS, yet only a pittance of theirs. No, they do not pay my way at all.

How do 1K/day coke habits figure in to living wage?

At less than $1/bottle, that is a lot of coke.

He made an excellent point. Not worthy of any type of ridicule in my eyes.

What is deemed as a passable wage...one that allows you to have cable tv? One that allows you to rent Netflix?

One that allows mulltiple tv's? Any TV?

Anyone ever see the poor of other countries? Our poor have cars, TV's, gym memberships (lol)....Jordan footwear.....shallI continue?

No hell they don't. They pay a much smaller percentage of their "income" than I pay and nothing on their entire "wealth" - which my entire "wealth" is my income - especially if they make money in the market instead of pulling a paycheck. 100% of my income is taxed for SS, yet only a pittance of theirs. No, they do not pay my way at all.

Wow...you are truly misguided.
No wonder you are bitter.
You have all of your facts wrong.
I would be bitter too if I beliueved what you believe.

LMAO,,,,that "replace a long time employee with a 10 dollar an hour employee" was a good one.

Seems to me the long time employee did not do what he needed to do to be worth keeping.

Forum List

Back