Fair Share of Taxes

Fair Share

Over the many years of my life I have often heard people refer to somebody else’s “fair share” as it applies to taxes.
“They need to pay their fair share”,
“They aren’t paying their fair share”

As of yet, I haven’t had anybody define what somebody else’s “fair share” is. I have heard people say their “share” wasn’t “fair” compared to those nebulous other folk.

Let us just suppose for a few moments that instead of taxing income we would tax sex.
Would that all of the sudden change the definition of “fair share” as it pertains to taxes? My experience in life has shown that just as nobody attempts to limit another person’s personal income they also don’t attempt to limit another person’s personal sexual encounters. (Don’t try and turn this discussion into an argument about homosexual rights, or religious affairs, that’s not the point here)

Would you think it fair to tax people based upon how much sex they had?
What would the “fair share” be? Would it be fair to impose higher taxes based upon somebody’s success at acquiring sex? For example, if you have sex once a week your tax is $25 a week, but if you have sex 5 times a week, your sex tax is $200 a week.

Would it be fair to charge a higher percentage of taxes based upon sexual activity simply because somebody has the means to achieve more sex?

It sounds like you support a flat tax.

Fair Share

Over the many years of my life I have often heard people refer to somebody else’s “fair share” as it applies to taxes.
“They need to pay their fair share”,
“They aren’t paying their fair share”

As of yet, I haven’t had anybody define what somebody else’s “fair share” is. I have heard people say their “share” wasn’t “fair” compared to those nebulous other folk.

Let us just suppose for a few moments that instead of taxing income we would tax sex.
Would that all of the sudden change the definition of “fair share” as it pertains to taxes? My experience in life has shown that just as nobody attempts to limit another person’s personal income they also don’t attempt to limit another person’s personal sexual encounters. (Don’t try and turn this discussion into an argument about homosexual rights, or religious affairs, that’s not the point here)

Would you think it fair to tax people based upon how much sex they had?
What would the “fair share” be? Would it be fair to impose higher taxes based upon somebody’s success at acquiring sex? For example, if you have sex once a week your tax is $25 a week, but if you have sex 5 times a week, your sex tax is $200 a week.

Would it be fair to charge a higher percentage of taxes based upon sexual activity simply because somebody has the means to achieve more sex?

It sounds like you support a flat tax.

Here are the countries with flat taxes:

800px-Flat_personal_income_tax.png

yeah - I really wanna be like Russia

Forum List

Back