Fair and Balanced?

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
You decide.

During Tuesday morning's "fair and balanced" broadcast covering gerrymandering tactics and an extended clip of Gov. Haley Barbour (RGA Chair) bragging about Republican prospects this November, a Fox anchor stated:

"By way of full disclosure, News Corp., parent company of this network, has contributed one million dollars to the Republican Governors Association."

Gee, as if we didn't know.

So they are bad for disclosing, they are bad for not disclosing. Is there anything Fox can do that you would approve of?

they are an arm of the republican party, and very affective.

I'll accept that statement if you agree that CNN, NBC, CBS and all the other tv news are arms of the Democratic party. Regardless of what you call Fox News, it is the number 1 rated news broadcast on tv. What spin do you have for that?

• Banned

I'll accept that statement if you agree that CNN, NBC, CBS and all the other tv news are arms of the Democratic party. Regardless of what you call Fox News, it is the number 1 rated news broadcast on tv. What spin do you have for that?

Fox is not news, BBD. It is staged, propaganda and entertainment. You want news, watch and listen to NPR/PBS - of course RW fringers won't because it will challenge most of the dogma they hold to be absolute truth. A perfect example is your post above, "if you agree that CNN, NBC, CBS and all the other tv news are arms of the Democratic party". Anyone who believes that is a noodlehead.

So they are bad for disclosing, they are bad for not disclosing. Is there anything Fox can do that you would approve of?

Yes.

Either drop the tags "News" or "Fair and Balanced"...

Or report the news as objectively, complete with facts, as humanly possible.

Fox is not news, BBD. It is staged, propaganda and entertainment. You want news, watch and listen to NPR/PBS - of course RW fringers won't because it will challenge most of the dogma they hold to be absolute truth. A perfect example is your post above, "if you agree that CNN, NBC, CBS and all the other tv news are arms of the Democratic party". Anyone who believes that is a noodlehead.

NPR is the biggest liberal shoveler of horse shit that I have ever heard. Talk about biased news reporting. You have me chuckling here.

NPR is the biggest liberal shoveler of horse shit that I have ever heard. Talk about biased news reporting. You have me chuckling here.

You're either a liar, or ... I suppose that's it. You are a liar.

Does Harry Reid come on Fox News and answer tough questions?

Can't exactly be accused of being not fair if the other side doesn't show up.

President Barack Obama, has..

Then he can't accuse them of being unfair or not balanced.

Of course he can and should. How did you reach this conclusion ("Then he can't accuse them of being unfair or not balanced")?

Then he can't accuse them of being unfair or not balanced.

Of course he can and should. How did you reach this conclusion ("Then he can't accuse them of being unfair or not balanced")?

They let him appear on the network when he agreed to appear.

Did he not have a chance to advance his point of view?

lol, (I really did). Listen carefully, the only, THE ONLY think Murdoch cares about is money and power. Having the POTUS on his network benefited Murdoch's ego and wallet.

They let him appear on the network when he agreed to appear.

Did he not have a chance to advance his point of view?

lol, (I really did). Listen carefully, the only, THE ONLY think Murdoch cares about is money and power. Having the POTUS on his network benefited Murdoch's ego and wallet.

Who on the left demands access to Fox News but does not get it?

Did CBS, NBC, and ABC not care about money and power before the advent of cable?

Because those three have neither anymore and it seems to bother them now.

I don't know about the others, but ABC News still has better ratings than Fox New does.

Forum List

Back