Failed Comedian Dennis Miller: It's Immoral NOT To Torture

I am totally against torture.

Waterboarding is not torture. Sleep deprivation is not torture. Forcing detainees to listen to Lady Gaga music 24/7 is not torture (it just feels like it!)

Torture is pulling out fingernails, maiming, cutting off limbs, crushing testicles, etc...
There are different forms of torture, some of which never incur physical damage or pain.

How would you like to be locked in a fluorescent lighted, white painted cell for 24 hours a day with a steel cot to lie on, a toilet and a sink. Nothing else. Nothing to read. No human contact. The only break in the monotony being a bowl of plain oatmeal delivered through a slot twice a day without even a spoon. How long do you think you would last before going mad and begging to be physically tortured instead?

This is what was done to Jose Padilla and last I heard he's become a vegetable. I believe the same thing is being done to Bradley Manning and I've heard the practice is commonplace at the Guantanamo Bay prison.

My question is not whether or not such a practice should be employed but who should be subjected to it?
I think enhanced interrogation techniques should be used sparingly, and only on high value operatives.

PS- I don't think what you described is torture. It is more like solitary confinement in jail. I have very little compassion for terrorists. If Padilla is now a vegetable we are a better world for it.

Dennis Miller: It's Immoral NOT To Torture
Reported by Ellen - Fri 1:53 PM
Never mind that waterboarding did NOT lead to finding Bin Laden. The Fox News torture fan club isn't just defending its use but demanding it be continued, as though it’s some kind of endangered civil liberty. In his weekly discussion with comedian-turned-Fox-News-pundit Dennis Miller Wednesday (5/4/11), Bill O'Reilly "asked" why the left has “refused to acknowledge” the benefits of waterboarding. Miller became absolutely impassioned as he talked the practice up. “If you’re going to go over here and tell me the reasons we shouldn’t and claim the moral highground, I’m going to say that’s immoral… To not put water down Khalid Sheikh Mohammed’s nose to get information is immoral.”

Continue reading »
News Hounds: Gretchen Carlson Shows Some Love To Patriotic Pupil

Miller has been defending water boarding for years...so what?this is news?

Dennis Miller: It's Immoral NOT To Torture
Reported by Ellen - Fri 1:53 PM
Never mind that waterboarding did NOT lead to finding Bin Laden. The Fox News torture fan club isn't just defending its use but demanding it be continued, as though it’s some kind of endangered civil liberty. In his weekly discussion with comedian-turned-Fox-News-pundit Dennis Miller Wednesday (5/4/11), Bill O'Reilly "asked" why the left has “refused to acknowledge” the benefits of waterboarding. Miller became absolutely impassioned as he talked the practice up. “If you’re going to go over here and tell me the reasons we shouldn’t and claim the moral highground, I’m going to say that’s immoral… To not put water down Khalid Sheikh Mohammed’s nose to get information is immoral.”

Continue reading »
News Hounds: Gretchen Carlson Shows Some Love To Patriotic Pupil

Miller has been defending water boarding for years...so what?this is news?

Just like to point out his absurd idiotic comments.

Good point xsited1:

The proble boils down to a simple fact. truthdoesn'tmattertoheratall is generally wrong and dishonest.

If she's "right," then Leon is a liar. I don't much care for Panetta, but his credibility stands miles above truthdoesn'tmattertoheratall's. That ain't hard.

And Dennis Miller happens to be a very successful comedian. Damn funny. Quite smart. Informative and entertaining.

Pond scum liars like truthdoesn'tmattertoheratall choose to place false labels on him merely because they happen not to like his politics. Boo freakin' hoo.

Dennis Miller is a smart and funny comic.

Miller might be smart buit he is no where near funny or a succesful comedian. Leon is not a liar it is the people that twist his words that are liars.

You are a pathetic dipshit. You don't like Miller because he leans right rather than left, and that's fine. But as a comedian he's neither funny nor successful? Well a whole lot of folks it seems disagree with your opinion based on the success of his HBO comedy specials as well as other venues. If, for example, Miller isn't funny or successful, why in the world does HBO keep offering him additional gigs? There's only two possible reasons. He either loses a hell of a lot of money for HBO, or HBO cleans up. Gee, wonder which it could possibly be, huh?

I agree with Miller. Anyone who doesn't use whatever is at their disposal to save lives is an immoral asshole. Anyone who would let ideology get in the way of saving lives is an immoral asshole.

As A Dershowic points out. You have a ticking nuclear bomb. You have a dirtbag terrorist who has the info you need to save thousands of lives. What do you do??

I know what I would do.

I think enhanced interrogation techniques should be used sparingly, and only on high value operatives.
So long as there is substantial cause, rather than mere suspicion, to believe the prospective subject of torture is or has been engaged in terrorist activites and will therefore possess relevant information, I agree.

PS- I don't think what you described is torture. It is more like solitary confinement in jail. I have very little compassion for terrorists. If Padilla is now a vegetable we are a better world for it.
The conditions of punitive segregation (solitary confinement) in all American prisons are regulated by federal law which effectively forbids the imposition of sensory deprivation. Inmates in punitive segregation are visited daily by the prison physician or nurse (human contact). They are given three daily meals in accordance with the standard menu. They are allowed one hour outside their cell each day and are permitted to have at least minimal reading material in the form of a religious book (Bible, Koran, etc).

What I described is sensory deprivation, which is recognized by the behavioral profession as a form of torture that is damaging to the psyche. This form of torture is (or was) practiced at Guantanamo. Jose Padilla was subjected to it and has been rendered incapable of understanding the most ordinary circumstances. Suicide attempts and explosive violent episodes are typical effects of sensory deprivation.

Last edited:
Never mind that waterboarding did NOT lead to finding Bin Laden.

:confused: The head of the CIA admitted that some intelligence gathered by waterboarding was used to find and kill OBL. Are you calling Leon Panetta a liar?
AT FIRST before the got the talking point, Rumsfeld actually told the truth about waterboarding and how it didnt work. YOu do realize this dont you?

Donald Rumsfeld says "Waterboarding" did not get vital Bin Laden Intelligence - Fangaroo

Freedom's Lighthouse » Rumsfeld Tells O’Reilly: Without Intel from Enhanced Interrogations, “We Very Likely would Not have Killed Osama Bin Laden” – Video 5/4/11

Zona got pwned!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back