Failed Comedian Dennis Miller: It's Immoral NOT To Torture

Truthseeker420

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2011
Home of the 2013 BCS National Champion
Dennis Miller: It's Immoral NOT To Torture
Reported by Ellen - Fri 1:53 PM
Never mind that waterboarding did NOT lead to finding Bin Laden. The Fox News torture fan club isn't just defending its use but demanding it be continued, as though it’s some kind of endangered civil liberty. In his weekly discussion with comedian-turned-Fox-News-pundit Dennis Miller Wednesday (5/4/11), Bill O'Reilly "asked" why the left has “refused to acknowledge” the benefits of waterboarding. Miller became absolutely impassioned as he talked the practice up. “If you’re going to go over here and tell me the reasons we shouldn’t and claim the moral highground, I’m going to say that’s immoral… To not put water down Khalid Sheikh Mohammed’s nose to get information is immoral.”

Continue reading »
News Hounds: Gretchen Carlson Shows Some Love To Patriotic Pupil

Good point xsited1:

The problem boils down to a simple fact. truthdoesn'tmattertoheratall is generally wrong and dishonest.

If she's "right," then Leon is a liar. I don't much care for Panetta, but his credibility stands miles above truthdoesn'tmattertoheratall's. That ain't hard.

And Dennis Miller happens to be a very successful comedian. Damn funny. Quite smart. Informative and entertaining.

Pond scum liars like truthdoesn'tmattertoheratall choose to place false labels on him merely because they happen not to like his politics. Boo freakin' hoo.

Dennis Miller is a smart and funny comic.

Last edited:
Never mind that waterboarding did NOT lead to finding Bin Laden.

:confused: The head of the CIA admitted that some intelligence gathered by waterboarding was used to find and kill OBL. Are you calling Leon Panetta a liar?

No he didn't.

Oooops.........:lol::lol::lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCdAqPCc3dw&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Brian Williams to Panetta oh yeah waterboarding was used.mov[/ame]

:confused: The head of the CIA admitted that some intelligence gathered by waterboarding was used to find and kill OBL. Are you calling Leon Panetta a liar?

No he didn't.

So when Leon Panetta went on record and admitted it, was that in some alternate universe? Did the CERN reactor create a mini black hole that distorted the space-time continuum? Maybe God Himself changed history? Oh wait. I just realized that I am now 25 years younger, single and have no children. I guess something in the Universe did change. My bad.

Good point xsited1:

The proble boils down to a simple fact. truthdoesn'tmattertoheratall is generally wrong and dishonest.

If she's "right," then Leon is a liar. I don't much care for Panetta, but his credibility stands miles above truthdoesn'tmattertoheratall's. That ain't hard.

And Dennis Miller happens to be a very successful comedian. Damn funny. Quite smart. Informative and entertaining.

Pond scum liars like truthdoesn'tmattertoheratall choose to place false labels on him merely because they happen not to like his politics. Boo freakin' hoo.

Miller might be smart buit he is no where near funny or a succesful comedian. Leon is not a liar it is the people that twist his words that are liars.

Good point xsited1:

The proble boils down to a simple fact. truthdoesn'tmattertoheratall is generally wrong and dishonest.

Miller might be smart buit he is no where near funny or a succesful comedian. Leon is not a liar it is the people that twist his words that are liars.

So how did you change in this alternate universe of yours? Are you now a lamppost or a dog? Maybe you've morphed into swamp gas? Anyway, please send pictures of your new look.

No he didn't.

So when Leon Panetta went on record and admitted it, was that in some alternate universe? Did the CERN reactor create a mini black hole that distorted the space-time continuum? Maybe God Himself changed history? Oh wait. I just realized that I am now 25 years younger, single and have no children. I guess something in the Universe did change. My bad.

Panetta admitted waterboarding was part of enhanced interoggation( that's it), it is neonuts that atre spreading the lie he said waterboarding led to the capture of OBL.

Dennis Miller: It's Immoral NOT To Torture
Reported by Ellen - Fri 1:53 PM
Never mind that waterboarding did NOT lead to finding Bin Laden. The Fox News torture fan club isn't just defending its use but demanding it be continued, as though it’s some kind of endangered civil liberty. In his weekly discussion with comedian-turned-Fox-News-pundit Dennis Miller Wednesday (5/4/11), Bill O'Reilly "asked" why the left has “refused to acknowledge” the benefits of waterboarding. Miller became absolutely impassioned as he talked the practice up. “If you’re going to go over here and tell me the reasons we shouldn’t and claim the moral highground, I’m going to say that’s immoral… To not put water down Khalid Sheikh Mohammed’s nose to get information is immoral.”

Continue reading »
News Hounds: Gretchen Carlson Shows Some Love To Patriotic Pupil

Not talking about the enhanced interrogation methods, which were not torture, but the morality of allowing innocents to die merely because some simp has an arbitrary and capricious definition of torture, is clear.

If you had information that is necessary in order to save folks who are guilty of no more than going to work and paying their taxes, I'll be right there with the jumper cables and the Zap's new lithium car battery.

The battery is emission free.....but you won't be.

No he didn't.

Panetta admitted waterboarding was part of enhanced interoggation( that's it), it is neonuts that atre spreading the lie he said waterboarding led to the capture of OBL.

Let the neocon nuts be. They're not part of this conversation anyway. Panetta admitted that some (not all) of the information used to find and kill OBL came from intelligence gathered using enhanced interrogation techniques. Now the debate will continue as to whether that information could have been obtained in other ways, but facts are facts. BTW, I'm still guessing the CERN reactor created a mini-black hole which distorted the space-time continuum. That seems to be the most plausible reason to me.

Good point xsited1:

So..... 7 movies, 9 HBO specials, 4 books and millions of listeners of his radio program each day along with a few million that can't listen so they pay him $5.95 a month to subscribe to his show....... is that your definition of unsuccessful? Oh and he's married to a gorgeous former model too...... really sucks to be him.

AT FIRST before the got the talking point, Rumsfeld actually told the truth about waterboarding and how it didnt work. YOu do realize this dont you?

Donald Rumsfeld says "Waterboarding" did not get vital Bin Laden Intelligence - Fangaroo

Good point xsited1:

So..... 7 movies, 9 HBO specials, 4 books and millions of listeners of his radio program each day along with a few million that can't listen so they pay him $5.95 a month to subscribe to his show....... is that your definition of unsuccessful? Oh and he's married to a gorgeous former model too...... really sucks to be him.

Well the pet rock made millions but I would hardly call a rock a GREAT pet.

Torture is illegal:
Under U.S. Law Torture is Always Illegal

What does torture have in common with genocide, slavery, and wars of aggression? They are all jus cogens. Jus cogens is Latin for "higher law" or "compelling law." This means that no country can ever pass a law that allows torture. There can be no immunity from criminal liability for violation of a jus cogens prohibition.

The United States has always prohibited the use of torture in our Constitution, laws executive statements and judicial decisions. We have ratified three treaties that all outlaw torture and cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment. When the United States ratifies a treaty, it becomes part of the Supreme Law of the Land under the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution.

In Hamdan v. Rumsfeld, the Supreme Court rejected the Bush administration's argument that Common Article 3 doesn't cover the prisoners at Guantánamo. Justice Kennedy wrote that violations of Common Article 3 are war crimes.

We have federal laws that criminalize torture.

The War Crimes Act punishes any grave breach of the Geneva Conventions, as well as any violation of Common Article 3. That includes torture, willfully causing great suffering or serious injury to body or health, and inhuman, humiliating or degrading treatment.

The Torture Statute provides for life in prison, or even the death penalty if the victim dies, for anyone who commits, attempts, or conspires to commit torture outside the United States.

Marjorie Cohn: Under U.S. Law Torture is Always Illegal
Torture is in violation of the Geneva Conventions:
"Prisoners of war must at all times be humanely treated. Any unlawful act or omission ... causing death or seriously endangering the health of a prisoner of war in its custody is prohibited, and will be regarded as a serious breach of the present Convention. Likewise, prisoners of war must at all times be protected, particularly against acts of violence or intimidation and against insults and public curiosity."

"No physical or mental torture, nor any other form of coercion, may be inflicted on prisoners of war to secure from them information of any kind whatever. Prisoners of war who refuse to answer may not be threatened, insulted, or exposed to any unpleasant or disadvantageous treatment of any kind."

"Prisoners of war shall enjoy complete latitude in the exercise of their religious duties, including attendance at the service of their faith, on condition that they comply with the disciplinary routine prescribed by the military authorities."

"The following acts are and shall remain prohibited ... cruel treatment and torture; ... Outrages upon personal dignity, in particular, humiliating and degrading treatment; "

"Individual or mass forcible transfers, as well as deportations of protected persons from occupied territory ... are prohibited, regardless of their motive."
(Geneva Convention, 1949)

International Humanitarian Law - Treaties & Documents

Anyone who advocates the use of torture in any context is advocating the commission of a crime; anyone in authority who authorizes the use of torture or anyone who engages in torture is guilty of a criminal act – this includes GWB, Obama, and members of any administration involved. It is irrelevant if torture ‘works’ – which we know it does not – there is never a circumstance that mitigates the violation of a law or the rule of law.

Torture is illegal:

What does torture have in common with genocide, slavery, and wars of aggression? They are all jus cogens. Jus cogens is Latin for "higher law" or "compelling law." This means that no country can ever pass a law that allows torture. There can be no immunity from criminal liability for violation of a jus cogens prohibition.

The United States has always prohibited the use of torture in our Constitution, laws executive statements and judicial decisions. We have ratified three treaties that all outlaw torture and cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment. When the United States ratifies a treaty, it becomes part of the Supreme Law of the Land under the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution.

In Hamdan v. Rumsfeld, the Supreme Court rejected the Bush administration's argument that Common Article 3 doesn't cover the prisoners at Guantánamo. Justice Kennedy wrote that violations of Common Article 3 are war crimes.

The War Crimes Act punishes any grave breach of the Geneva Conventions, as well as any violation of Common Article 3. That includes torture, willfully causing great suffering or serious injury to body or health, and inhuman, humiliating or degrading treatment.

The Torture Statute provides for life in prison, or even the death penalty if the victim dies, for anyone who commits, attempts, or conspires to commit torture outside the United States.

"Prisoners of war must at all times be humanely treated. Any unlawful act or omission ... causing death or seriously endangering the health of a prisoner of war in its custody is prohibited, and will be regarded as a serious breach of the present Convention. Likewise, prisoners of war must at all times be protected, particularly against acts of violence or intimidation and against insults and public curiosity."

"No physical or mental torture, nor any other form of coercion, may be inflicted on prisoners of war to secure from them information of any kind whatever. Prisoners of war who refuse to answer may not be threatened, insulted, or exposed to any unpleasant or disadvantageous treatment of any kind."

"Prisoners of war shall enjoy complete latitude in the exercise of their religious duties, including attendance at the service of their faith, on condition that they comply with the disciplinary routine prescribed by the military authorities."

"The following acts are and shall remain prohibited ... cruel treatment and torture; ... Outrages upon personal dignity, in particular, humiliating and degrading treatment; "

"Individual or mass forcible transfers, as well as deportations of protected persons from occupied territory ... are prohibited, regardless of their motive."

Anyone who advocates the use of torture in any context is advocating the commission of a crime; anyone in authority who authorizes the use of torture or anyone who engages in torture is guilty of a criminal act – this includes GWB, Obama, and members of any administration involved. It is irrelevant if torture ‘works’ – which we know it does not – there is never a circumstance that mitigates the violation of a law or the rule of law.

How about a .22 short to the knee cap with a threat of shooting the other one if he doesn't talk......... that's what I would recommend for these scummy assed piles of shit. They would be happy to strap a kid up with TNT and packs of screws and nails and you want to quote the Geneva Convention to this human waste........ fuck the Geneva Convention!

Torture is illegal:

How about a .22 short to the knee cap with a threat of shooting the other one if he doesn't talk......... that's what I would recommend for these scummy assed piles of shit. They would be happy to strap a kid up with TNT and packs of screws and nails and you want to quote the Geneva Convention to this human waste........ fuck the Geneva Convention!

They'll just tell you what you want to hear so you will stop shooting them. Don't torture advocates know this?

Torture is illegal:

They'll just tell you what you want to hear so you will stop shooting them. Don't torture advocates know this?

Isn't that the point?

Forum List

Back