Fail-Safe (Chinese version)

zzzz

Just a regular American
Jul 24, 2010
Yountsville
I'm watching the 1964 movie Fail-safe on TCM. Its about a technical malfunction that orders a group of bombers to attack Moscow with Nukes. Now what would happen today if the Chinese had a malfunction in their nuclear forces and a ICBM or nuclear bomber attacked the US by mistake. The question I have is "Would we have to respond and destroy a Chinese city of comparable size or would we just let it slide?" An eye for eye or turn the other cheek?

I think it would be a hard decision for a president to make for political purposes not to mention morality but in the end I think the President would have to order retaliation.

Last edited:
I'm watching the 1964 movie Fail-safe on TCM. Its about a technical malfunction that orders a group of bombers to attack Moscow with Nukes. Now what would happen today if the Chinese had a malfunction in their nuclear forces and a ICBM or nuclear bomber attacked the US by mistake. The question I have is "Would we have to respond and destroy a Chinese city of comparable size or would we just let it slide?" An eye for eye or turn the other cheek?

I think it would be a hard decision for a president to make for political purposes not to mention morality but in the end I think the President would have to order retaliation.
The Chinese don't have ICBMs or bombers that are a threat is us........yet.

The DF-31, a new land based ICBM can reach all the west coast not to mention Hawaii and their sub based missile could easily reach into the heartland.
It is not a probable scenario but one that is certainly possible.

Yeh but they probably got like a few hundred million of their peeps in the Army....:confused:

My experience with cheap Chinese electronics tells me there is no Chinese "Fail Safe".

Just sayin'.

Obama would blame Bush

Forum List

Back