Fading American Values

Hey, it's wednesday, pick on boomers' day eh?

Yea us boomers, we got it all. Lost all our job security, lost all our retirement money, lost all our home equity. Got kids we thought we raised moving back in the house. Got young idiots in the Congress trying to clean our clocks, taking away anything they can. Yea I can see where things have gone/are going well for boomers.

Thank God there are still enough of us alive to influence elections.

Spoiled whining to disprove that boomers are generally spoiled whiners? The boomers influencing elections and tearing down the industrial base, public education and the social safety net is what got us to this point. Enjoy the bitter fruit of telling the subsequent generations that we cannot afford the things that built prosperity for the 50-something crowd.

Hey, it's wednesday, pick on boomers' day eh?

Yea us boomers, we got it all. Lost all our job security, lost all our retirement money, lost all our home equity. Got kids we thought we raised moving back in the house. Got young idiots in the Congress trying to clean our clocks, taking away anything they can. Yea I can see where things have gone/are going well for boomers.

Thank God there are still enough of us alive to influence elections.

Spoiled whining to disprove that boomers are generally spoiled whiners? The boomers influencing elections and tearing down the industrial base, public education and the social safety net is what got us to this point. Enjoy the bitter fruit of telling the subsequent generations that we cannot afford the things that built prosperity for the 50-something crowd.

Dude all the hippies who changed your life are boomers

Look at the age gap in the republican party.

Its not boomers so much as low information voters.

It's interesting, I am 60 now and I see my group heading down the barrel of 60+ also, and I have noted they are the whiniest, silliest, emotional, feminine, fattest, hand wringy group of fuckers ever to come along. Hilarious. Fuck 'em.

When I went into archaeology as a contractor and such and traveled and worked the planet, well, you find things. There is a lot of treasure out there. Along with that and the arts, I have enough to support a whole shit load of things like women's shelters in the Philippines, and the Yucatan, built a tech school down in the Yucatan (main home), and didn't fucking golf and buy a track home, or live on a credit card, so ended up with a little to work with to the last breath.

I drive a 1983 Jeep CJ-7, number 26, that I've had for 20 years now, rebuilt from a total and has over a million miles on it. I got no debt and have another assignment if I should take it, in Timbuktu, Mali Empire, Sahara Desert, North Africa. I've been there a few times and it rocks. I am healthy and the same weight I was when I was 20. So, am glad.

I also do NOT eat American fucking shit for food.

So, your post is actually not only accurate but quite timely. Fuck 'em.

Fedora is tipped,

Robert

LOL

Well, I will be 69 this year, still working full time as a millwright in a steel mill. And still walk up mountains. And eat pretty much whatever I can, whenever I want it.

While I find the things you have done admirable, those of us that have not had the oppertunities to do such, but have stayed here, worked hard at our jobs, and supported our communities, don't feel that we should be denigrated.

But gramps, you admitted above you are NOT part of the group that I am flaming along with the others. You toed the line, active, hard working, and still at it. Good for you.

The only things I can complain about at 60 is that I've only had 14 penile implants, have to drink over 4 gallons of root hardener, find copious amounts of ripe urine in my stools and my fucking breast implants slip when I am at Wally World shopping and that is annoying. And short term memory.......who am I....

Other than that, its rock and roll and wow, I love to fuck!

Hat is tipped, sir!

Robert

LMAO You sound just like me. Short term memory loss?? You bet. Ask me something that happened 20yrs ago and I can rattle it off ver batum. Ten minutes ago?? Not so much. LOL

Anything I have I worked my ass of for and I'm still working. I'll be 60 in a couple of months and I dont' expect the Govt or anyone else to support me in any way.

My home is payed for as are the two cars in my driveway. I pay my bills and I don't expect anyone to give me anything. I don't owe anyone a dime. I worked for every damned thing I have and I expect others to do the same.

Oh and I am one of those spoiled rotten baby boomers. LOL

Property Rights
Limited Govt
Freedom of Religion (not from religion)
Free Markets/Trade
Natural Law
Traditional Marriage/Families
Liberty not Equality
Individual Rights
State Rights/Localism
Free Speech
Gun Rights/Self Defense
Limited Taxation
Civil Liberties
Personal Responsibility
Suspicion of Power
American Exceptionalism/Patriotism
Faith in Established Institutions/Principles
Criminal Justice
Choice in Healthcare/Education
Limited Welfare
Strong National Defense/Military
American Tradition & History Celebrated
United Moral Code
The belief that the country has lost it's way and we must look to the past to solve our problems is the heart and sole of the conservative thinking. We can never return to the past because it no longer exist. The world has changed and policies of the past are unworkable. Moving forward by moving backwards has never made much sense and it never will.

And "progressives" believe all their govt controls, social experimentation, ideals, class warfare, fantasies of equality and world peace are brand spanking new and revolutionary............

Its all sooooooooo adolescently exciting !!!!!

Gee...an awful lot of things for the individual...not so much for the community.

I guess CONZ are only interested in THEMSELVES and everyone else can go screw.

There's a fading value you missed.

Community service.
you know like people who don't make very much money, but serve their community? Like teachers and cops and firefighters?
Nothing for them, huh?

But damn if you don't want the rights to get to keep your assault guns and dump waste oil on "your" land.

Cops make excellent money, don't know where you live. Firefighters too. What in the HELL are you talking about, doofus?

What would the people who are sweet on the inside and crusty on the outside have to do with this?

Property Rights
Limited Govt
Freedom of Religion (not from religion)
Free Markets/Trade
Natural Law
Traditional Marriage/Families
Liberty not Equality
Individual Rights
State Rights/Localism
Free Speech
Gun Rights/Self Defense
Limited Taxation
Civil Liberties
Personal Responsibility
Suspicion of Power
American Exceptionalism/Patriotism
Faith in Established Institutions/Principles
Criminal Justice
Choice in Healthcare/Education
Limited Welfare
Strong National Defense/Military
American Tradition & History Celebrated
United Moral Code

I think socially, moral values are on the incline.

Homophobia is dying and people are becoming more accepting of religious viewpoints other than christianity, based on this post, it seems you wouldn't find those to be good things.

Gee...an awful lot of things for the individual...not so much for the community.

Community service.
you know like people who don't make very much money, but serve their community? Like teachers and cops and firefighters?
Nothing for them, huh?

But damn if you don't want the rights to get to keep your assault guns and dump waste oil on "your" land.

Cops make excellent money, don't know where you live. Firefighters too. What in the HELL are you talking about, doofus?

Tell us the numbers?

Community service.
Nothing for them, huh?

Community service isn't a fading value. It's alive and well. Maybe it's one of your fading values but it's not one of most Americans.

What would the people who are sweet on the inside and crusty on the outside have to do with this?

Lol yeah, we're buying that explanation.

Now go on calling other people dishonest.

I said it right when it was said.

Prove you know why I said it.

He stated he was half black, half white, you immediately called him an Oreo. That's no different than him telling you he's black and you calling him a ******.

LOL

Well, I will be 69 this year, still working full time as a millwright in a steel mill. And still walk up mountains. And eat pretty much whatever I can, whenever I want it.

While I find the things you have done admirable, those of us that have not had the oppertunities to do such, but have stayed here, worked hard at our jobs, and supported our communities, don't feel that we should be denigrated.

But gramps, you admitted above you are NOT part of the group that I am flaming along with the others. You toed the line, active, hard working, and still at it. Good for you.

The only things I can complain about at 60 is that I've only had 14 penile implants, have to drink over 4 gallons of root hardener, find copious amounts of ripe urine in my stools and my fucking breast implants slip when I am at Wally World shopping and that is annoying. And short term memory.......who am I....

Other than that, its rock and roll and wow, I love to fuck!

Hat is tipped, sir!

Robert

LMAO You sound just like me. Short term memory loss?? You bet. Ask me something that happened 20yrs ago and I can rattle it off ver batum. Ten minutes ago?? Not so much. LOL

Anything I have I worked my ass of for and I'm still working. I'll be 60 in a couple of months and I dont' expect the Govt or anyone else to support me in any way.

My home is payed for as are the two cars in my driveway. I pay my bills and I don't expect anyone to give me anything. I don't owe anyone a dime. I worked for every damned thing I have and I expect others to do the same.

Oh and I am one of those spoiled rotten baby boomers. LOL

You are right. My current babe, a gorgeous blonde at 59, my HS school sweetheart and looks now more like 35, and I were laughing about this.

She can remember the smell and the seat cushions in Jeep #3, the one I courted her in, in 1970, but her and I cannot remember where the coffee pot is........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So fucked up. Hilarious.

Her and I did notice that the sex is much much much hotter at this age and I do not know what that is about as I usually keep about 20 years between the maiden of my heart and myself. Wild. But this maiden of 59 and me--its just hot hot hot.....Love it.

Also, I am as you as mentioned, no debt, my home in the Yucatan and the Jeep and Army trailer, paid for, no debt anywhere and support all these deals whereby folks need help and cannot afford to do anything about it.

The blonde, Audie, and I are both widowed and found each other 2 years ago on FB. Because of her I never dated an American female again. Always foreign maidens including my deceased wife. Now, back with the original heart breaker and she is being severely "punished" for what she has done.....

Good deal for you and what you are doing,

I love all this and life too.....So fun.

Robert

Last edited:

Forum List

Back