Fading American Values

The "community" has the right to pursue its own life , liberty, and happiness..........

Voluntary charitable and community service is a noble virtue when it isnt coerced by some clueless bureaucrat.........that has always been clear

Ask the children of the industrial revolution how much charitable contributions helped them out.

The late 19th century-early 20th century was such a paradise, it's a shame Roosevelt had to spoil it.

The "community" has the right to pursue its own life , liberty, and happiness..........

Voluntary charitable and community service is a noble virtue when it isnt coerced by some clueless bureaucrat.........that has always been clear

Ask the children of the industrial revolution how much charitable contributions helped them out.

The late 19th century-early 20th century was such a paradise, it's a shame Roosevelt had to spoil it.

Yes I long for the days of 80 hour work weeks, company stores, god knows what in your food and medicine, but at least people had personal responsibility. It is funny that the people who do not believe in Darwin's theories are Social Darwinists.

Gee...an awful lot of things for the individual...not so much for the community.

I guess CONZ are only interested in THEMSELVES and everyone else can go screw.

There's a fading value you missed.

Community service.
you know like people who don't make very much money, but serve their community? Like teachers and cops and firefighters?
Nothing for them, huh?

But damn if you don't want the rights to get to keep your assault guns and dump waste oil on "your" land.

Teachers, cops and firefighters earn a paycheck and if they are unhappy with their salaries, they can choose a different career. It's amazing how freedom of choice works.

Can you support your last sentence with any facts?

And now is the time, while there is still the freedom to choose another career. I mean if the Supreme Court can be threatened or coerced to vote the way a leader ( :badgrin: ) wants them to, then one must treasure temporary remaining freedoms.

Some of us work for compensation and to support all others dependent upon my, and other's, federal income tax withholdlings.

And in addition, some of us also "serve" the community for no compensation. We volunteer out time and consider it, helping our neighbors.

We are good citizens, who make a positive difference.

Yes I long for the days of 80 hour work weeks, company stores, god knows what in your food and medicine, but at least people had personal responsibility. It is funny that the people who do not believe in Darwin's theories are Social Darwinists.

Ah yes, social Darwinism, where people are separated by their level of ruthlessness into predator and prey and a heart is an evolutionary disadvantage.

They love to fantasize about being an island with zero social responsibly, as if every advantage they ever had didn't come from living in a country that used to subsidize the American dream for it's citizens.

They stand on the shoulders of giants and think themselves tall.

They got their education, roads, schools, hospitals and the like...but when it comes time for them to pay it forward for the next generation...they're skipping out on the bill and stiffing the waitress and think themselves clever.

The boomer's, the most subsidized and assisted generation the world has ever seen, are trying to take it all with them when they die.

Do you really think that the Baby Boomer's did not pay for their education, roads, schools, hospitals and SSI and Medicare and Medicaid?
The difference is that the majority of Baby Boomer's paid for their education, worked part time or full time to pay for their College or paid back their student loans when they got out of college.
Boomer's have paid for the schools, roads and hospitals.
If Congress had not taken the surplus out of SSI, the program would still be there for all and future generations.
They obeyed their parents, had respect for them and all elders.
The majority of Baby Boomer's were not hippies. The hippies were the minority of Baby Boomer's.

They love to fantasize about being an island with zero social responsibly, as if every advantage they ever had didn't come from living in a country that used to subsidize the American dream for it's citizens.

They got their education, roads, schools, hospitals and the like...but when it comes time for them to pay it forward for the next generation...they're skipping out on the bill and stiffing the waitress and think themselves clever.

The boomers, the most subsidized and assisted generation the world has ever seen, are trying to take it all with them when they die.

It's interesting, I am 60 now and I see my group heading down the barrel of 60+ also, and I have noted they are the whiniest, silliest, emotional, feminine, fattest, hand wringy group of fuckers ever to come along. Hilarious. Fuck 'em.

When I went into archaeology as a contractor and such and traveled and worked the planet, well, you find things. There is a lot of treasure out there. Along with that and the arts, I have enough to support a whole shit load of things like women's shelters in the Philippines, and the Yucatan, built a tech school down in the Yucatan (main home), and didn't fucking golf and buy a track home, or live on a credit card, so ended up with a little to work with to the last breath.

I drive a 1983 Jeep CJ-7, number 26, that I've had for 20 years now, rebuilt from a total and has over a million miles on it. I got no debt and have another assignment if I should take it, in Timbuktu, Mali Empire, Sahara Desert, North Africa. I've been there a few times and it rocks. I am healthy and the same weight I was when I was 20. So, am glad.

I also do NOT eat American fucking shit for food.

So, your post is actually not only accurate but quite timely. Fuck 'em.

Fedora is tipped,

Robert

Ah yes, social Darwinism, where people are separated by their level of ruthlessness into predator and prey and a heart is an evolutionary disadvantage.

It's the way to progress, just as it is in the jungle.

I'm looking for CONZ to overturn child labor laws next. Damn kids can fend for themselves!

They're already trying, the bastards.

Missouri GOP Wants to Repeal Child Labor Laws | AlterNet

Gingrich calls child labor laws ‘truly stupid’ - Election 2012 - The Washington Post

It's the way to progress, just as it is in the jungle.

No it isn't, not even close, we as a species did not progress until we invented the cooperative activities of civilization and agriculture, started taking care of each other and preparing the path for future generations.

Last edited:

The boomer's, the most subsidized and assisted generation the world has ever seen, are trying to take it all with them when they die.

Do you really think that the Baby Boomer's did not pay for their education, roads, schools, hospitals and SSI and Medicare and Medicaid?
The difference is that the majority of Baby Boomer's paid for their education, worked part time or full time to pay for their College or paid back their student loans when they got out of college.
Boomer's have paid for the schools, roads and hospitals.
If Congress had not taken the surplus out of SSI, the program would still be there for all and future generations.
They obeyed their parents, had respect for them and all elders.
The majority of Baby Boomer's were not hippies. The hippies were the minority of Baby Boomer's.

The boomers took advantage of every social program available to them, borrowed from the future an then actively worked to shut down the very stepping stones that got them where they were. They have been the most hypocritical generation in history, laying claims to the achievements of the previous generation as their own, voting to steal from future generations for their own liesure. They claim to have changed the world in one way, in reality it's they moved it in the opposite direction, tearing down American freedoms and our economy. An entire generation of fear and greed.

They are a plague.

Last edited:
I wouldn't try Timbuctu right now.

What we have to end right now is BS, pandering to the rich, idiotic, ignorant, oblivious, disastrous Reaganism...

The boomers, the most subsidized and assisted generation the world has ever seen, are trying to take it all with them when they die.

It's interesting, I am 60 now and I see my group heading down the barrel of 60+ also, and I have noted they are the whiniest, silliest, emotional, feminine, fattest, hand wringy group of fuckers ever to come along. Hilarious. Fuck 'em.

When I went into archaeology as a contractor and such and traveled and worked the planet, well, you find things. There is a lot of treasure out there. Along with that and the arts, I have enough to support a whole shit load of things like women's shelters in the Philippines, and the Yucatan, built a tech school down in the Yucatan (main home), and didn't fucking golf and buy a track home, or live on a credit card, so ended up with a little to work with to the last breath.

I drive a 1983 Jeep CJ-7, number 26, that I've had for 20 years now, rebuilt from a total and has over a million miles on it. I got no debt and have another assignment if I should take it, in Timbuktu, Mali Empire, Sahara Desert, North Africa. I've been there a few times and it rocks. I am healthy and the same weight I was when I was 20. So, am glad.

Fedora is tipped,

Robert

And I give you the late great George Carlin

"The Baby Boomers: whiny, narcissistic, self-indulgent people with a simple philosophy: "Gimme that! It's mine!" These people were given everything, everything was handed to them, and they took it all, sold it all; sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll, and they stayed loaded for twenty years and had a free ride. But now they're staring down the barrel of middle-age burnout, and they don't like it. They don't like it, so they've become self-righteous, and they wanna make things hard for young people. They tell em abstain from sex, say no to drugs. As for rock 'n' roll, they sold that for television commercials a long time ago so they can buy pasta machines and StairMasters and soybean futures. You know something? They're cold, bloodless people. It's in their slogans, it's in their rhetoric: "No pain, no gain," "Just do it," "Life is short, play hard," "Shit happens, deal with it," "Get a life." These people went from "Do your own thing" to "Just say no!" They went from "Love is all you need" to "Whoever winds up with the most toys, wins", and they went from cocaine to Rogaine. And you know something? They're still counting grams, only now it's fat grams. And the worst of it is we have to watch the commercials on TV for Levi's loose-fitting jeans and fat-ass Docker pants because these degenerate, yuppie, Boomer cocksuckers couldn't keep their hands off the croissants and the Häägen-Dasz and their big fat asses have spread all over and they have to wear fat-ass Docker pants. Fuck these Boomers, fuck these yuppies... and fuck everyone, now that I think of it. "

Fedora is tipped,

Robert

"The Baby Boomers: whiny, narcissistic, self-indulgent people with a simple philosophy: "Gimme that! It's mine!" These people were given everything, everything was handed to them, and they took it all, sold it all; sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll, and they stayed loaded for twenty years and had a free ride. But now they're staring down the barrel of middle-age burnout, and they don't like it. They don't like it, so they've become self-righteous, and they wanna make things hard for young people. They tell em abstain from sex, say no to drugs. As for rock 'n' roll, they sold that for television commercials a long time ago so they can buy pasta machines and StairMasters and soybean futures. You know something? They're cold, bloodless people. It's in their slogans, it's in their rhetoric: "No pain, no gain," "Just do it," "Life is short, play hard," "Shit happens, deal with it," "Get a life." These people went from "Do your own thing" to "Just say no!" They went from "Love is all you need" to "Whoever winds up with the most toys, wins", and they went from cocaine to Rogaine. And you know something? They're still counting grams, only now it's fat grams. And the worst of it is we have to watch the commercials on TV for Levi's loose-fitting jeans and fat-ass Docker pants because these degenerate, yuppie, Boomer cocksuckers couldn't keep their hands off the croissants and the Häägen-Dasz and their big fat asses have spread all over and they have to wear fat-ass Docker pants. Fuck these Boomers, fuck these yuppies... and fuck everyone, now that I think of it. "

Absolutely O-Dark-Hundred perfect and right on. Wow, hilarious read and ain't that just far out, man.....?.

And they didn't do fancy ice cream and such, what bloated the fucks up was the Twinkies, Oreos, MacDonald's, spam, white bread, hotdogs ( earthworms), and so much other shit that by the time the fuckers are 38 they are 200% the mass as they were in HS. Hilarious. And the worst thing is so many of them are left wing rabid liberals, still.......

God help us all. Can't wait till the fucks are stiff.

Best,

Robert

Fedora is tipped,

Robert

Absolutely O-Dark-Hundred perfect and right on. Wow, hilarious read and ain't that just far out, man.....?.

And they didn't do fancy ice cream and such, what bloated the fucks up was the Twinkies, Oreos, MacDonald's, spam, white bread, hotdogs ( earthworms), and so much other shit that by the time the fuckers are 38 they are 200% the mass as they were in HS. Hilarious. And the worst thing is so many of them are left wing rabid liberals, still.......

Best,

Robert

On the bright side, with all those preservatives they should not need as much embalming.

Best,

Robert

On the bright side, with all those preservatives they should not need as much embalming.

Why you smart ass--I've been using that line for 40 years.....hahahahahahaha. Perfect and so true!

Great,

Robert

PBS had two separate documentaries on, touching on Theodore Roosevelt and his life last night.
Interestingly the qualities and character traits that the narrators cooed, oohed, and ahhhed about the most are anathema to the current Liberal theme.
Roosevelt seemed to have drawn model and inspiration from the cowboy during his long association working among and with them on his Elkhorn Ranch in the Dakota Badlands.
"The cowboy always gets the job done, whether it be rain, fog, snow, or cold"
Roosevelt displayed those same characteristics later when he went up San Juan Hill and when he decided to finish the job the French abandoned on the Panama Isthmus.
Today's progressives, instead, see the lady crying out for the government to pay for her groceries, gasoline, and rent and think, "If I do that she's certain to vote to make me president for life when I ask her. I'll just steal the money from the cowboys and the others who always get the job done. There' s plenty of them around to milk."

TR was the first to propose a national health care system. He was famous for busting corperations for unethical and immoral business practices. And he believed in a 'Square Deal' for the working man. You would despise him were he President today.

Fedora is tipped,

Robert

LOL

Well, I will be 69 this year, still working full time as a millwright in a steel mill. And still walk up mountains. And eat pretty much whatever I can, whenever I want it.

While I find the things you have done admirable, those of us that have not had the oppertunities to do such, but have stayed here, worked hard at our jobs, and supported our communities, don't feel that we should be denigrated.

Hey, it's wednesday, pick on boomers' day eh?

Yea us boomers, we got it all. Lost all our job security, lost all our retirement money, lost all our home equity. Got kids we thought we raised moving back in the house. Got young idiots in the Congress trying to clean our clocks, taking away anything they can. Yea I can see where things have gone/are going well for boomers.

Thank God there are still enough of us alive to influence elections.

Fedora is tipped,

Robert

LOL

Well, I will be 69 this year, still working full time as a millwright in a steel mill. And still walk up mountains. And eat pretty much whatever I can, whenever I want it.

While I find the things you have done admirable, those of us that have not had the oppertunities to do such, but have stayed here, worked hard at our jobs, and supported our communities, don't feel that we should be denigrated.

But gramps, you admitted above you are NOT part of the group that I am flaming along with the others. You toed the line, active, hard working, and still at it. Good for you.

The only things I can complain about at 60 is that I've only had 14 penile implants, have to drink over 4 gallons of root hardener, find copious amounts of ripe urine in my stools and my fucking breast implants slip when I am at Wally World shopping and that is annoying. And short term memory.......who am I....

Other than that, its rock and roll and wow, I love to fuck!

Hat is tipped, sir!

Robert

Property Rights
Limited Govt
Freedom of Religion (not from religion)
Free Markets/Trade
Natural Law
Traditional Marriage/Families
Liberty not Equality
Individual Rights
State Rights/Localism
Free Speech
Gun Rights/Self Defense
Limited Taxation
Civil Liberties
Personal Responsibility
Suspicion of Power
American Exceptionalism/Patriotism
Faith in Established Institutions/Principles
Criminal Justice
Choice in Healthcare/Education
Limited Welfare
Strong National Defense/Military
American Tradition & History Celebrated
United Moral Code
The belief that the country has lost it's way and we must look to the past to solve our problems is the heart and sole of the conservative thinking. We can never return to the past because it no longer exist. The world has changed and policies of the past are unworkable. Moving forward by moving backwards has never made much sense and it never will.

New Topics

Forum List

Back