Facts Don't Matter Do They Libs?

Truth, let's be truthful here then, and the official word was "mild rebuke" from the Senate is not quote "charge" in the criminal sense. Yes, Charles Keating was charged and convicted in the scandal however to somehow make the connection that John McCain was charged in this if that is what is being attempted here is a stretch. I would suggest people read what John McCains actions actaully were in the Keating 5 scandal before they assume. John McCain had a relationship with Charles Keating going back to 1981 when Keating approached John McCain at a function and talked about his Naval career and how Keating was in the Navy as well. Yes Keating dontated to McCains campaign, yes Cindy McCain and her father had business dealings with Keting, but in the 80's in Arizona if you wanted something built here then you were most likely doing business with Keating. He was at one time Arizona's largest employer. I won't get into anymore details except to say leave a link like I left in the other post for people to decide. It is worth mentioning though that we seem to be talking about actions of Obama and McCain and blow them into epic proportions when we need to put the REAL things into perspective like our economy and the war on terror and what they are going to do about it.

McCain Profile: The Keating Five

Well we are making some progress and you guys are at least accepting that was was rebuked now

BTW they got like 9 free island getaways including a flight on the guys private jet to a private retreat for their entire family.

Most Americans dont even know anything about the story.

see how you think?

I did not say you guys dont know about It ,I said most Americans dont know about it.

This is how the Rs always seem to read the world.

see how you think?

I did not say you guys dont know about It ,I said most Americans dont know about it.

This is how the Rs always seem to read the world.

you guys are at least accepting that was was rebuked now

You didn't say that, well forgive me then it must have been another person then. You should not leap to conclusions when you talk to people Truth, because someone is a republican or a democrat does NOT mean they always subscribe to the current dogma of bullshit thats put out by both far sides of the parties. As for how I read the world , I will tell you, I think that for the most part people that buy into 90% of the stuff they are being spoon fed by BOTH of these candidates deserve what they get depending one who sits in the oval office. To assume that ANY persidential candidate is going to be able to achieve all of their campaign promises and to use that as a reason to vote for that person is irrational. I would caution you though that to lump all R's in one catagory does not serve you well in a arguement or debate as given recent events one would not place all R's together nor would one put all D's in one catagory. The only people that do things like that are agenda based far left or far right partisans.

care to have a Senate hearing on the Ayers issue?

what "issue" would that be? what ayers did when Obama was 8??

you guys are starting to get flop sweat you're so desperate. lol...

or are you saying we should now spend another 70 million dollars on a wild goose chase to ken starr another popular, charismatic dem?

nutters....

Yeah lets waste money to drum up charges out of no where because hes a democrat.

Man oh man am I glad the days of Ken Starr are over.

what "issue" would that be? what ayers did when Obama was 8??

you guys are starting to get flop sweat you're so desperate. lol...

or are you saying we should now spend another 70 million dollars on a wild goose chase to ken starr another popular, charismatic dem?

nutters....

nope, nope nope,, you should do your homework, the issue has been posted here. Annenberg papers.

nope, nope nope,, you should do your homework, the issue has been posted here. Annenberg papers.

Now there is a level of proof to start a congressional investigation!

Some lady on the internet who likes cats wants it investigated.

I never said you dont know who your talking about did I?

I'm just trying to get some idea what you meany by the statement you made after my posting to you on McCains relationship to Keating. It appeared to me that you wished to express by the "you guys" part of that sentence that all R's are now somehow walking around with their eye's open as a result of some big new news. When in fact you would be hard pressed at least here in Arizona to find a "R" that didn't know about the Keating 5 matter or for that matter a "D". If McCain's involvenment in the Keating 5 matter had been such negative here in Arizona on him I can assure he would NOT have been re-elected. People here in Arizona have other matter to be upset about McCain about and those are more recent history and have nothing to do with some meetings that he and Deconcini and others had with Bank regulators. As for the amount of contributions from Keating as I said earlier, most people don't have an understanding that Keating during that time period was one of Arizona's largest employer's and it was common for Keating to contribute to Arizona politicians both democrats and republcans.

I'm just trying to get some idea what you meany by the statement you made after my posting to you on McCains relationship to Keating. It appeared to me that you wished to express by the "you guys" part of that sentence that all R's are now somehow walking around with their eye's open as a result of some big new news. When in fact you would be hard pressed at least here in Arizona to find a "R" that didn't know about the Keating 5 matter or for that matter a "D". If McCain's involvenment in the Keating 5 matter had been such negative here in Arizona on him I can assure he would NOT have been re-elected. People here in Arizona have other matter to be upset about McCain about and those are more recent history and have nothing to do with some meetings that he and Deconcini and others had with Bank regulators. As for the amount of contributions from Keating as I said earlier, most people don't have an understanding that Keating during that time period was one of Arizona's largest employer's and it was common for Keating to contribute to Arizona politicians both democrats and republcans.

Dude you seem like a real nice and bright guy even if we dont agree on alot. I was talking to a bunch of R leaning people on this thread before you arrived. They kept saying he was exonerated and the fact you and me know is that he was Rebuked by the senate. You were the first to admitt he was rebuked.

I have tole numerous people about the Keating 5 scandal. Many do not even kn ow about it. When this hits the true main stream minds they will be asking "why didnt we already know about this?".

Many are just too young to know about this history and the main stream media has ignored it. Obama in his infinate wisdom has not pressed it. He has left it to the end when McCain gets super nasty on him to reinform the public about these old events.

Now the media will have to talk about it.

If it was in Obamas history he would have never made it this far because the media would have hammered on it long ago.

That is the result of having a corporate media who loves the tax cuts and deregulation of the Rs.

Dude you seem like a real nice and bright guy even if we dont agree on alot. I was talking to a bunch of R leaning people on this thread before you arrived. They kept saying he was exonerated and the fact you and me know is that he was Rebuked by the senate. You were the first to admitt he was rebuked.

I have tole numerous people about the Keating 5 scandal. Many do not even kn ow about it. When this hits the true main stream minds they will be asking "why didnt we already know about this?".

Many are just too young to know about this history and the main stream media has ignored it. Obama in his infinate wisdom has not pressed it. He has left it to the end when McCain gets super nasty on him to reinform the public about these old events.

Now the media will have to talk about it.

If it was in Obamas history he would have never made it this far because the media would have hammered on it long ago.

That is the result of having a corporate media who loves the tax cuts and deregulation of the Rs.

Facts are pretty wierd things you know Truth, like for example, Barack Obama and William Ayers sat on the board of the Woods Fund in Chicago, they both taught , one still does at the University of Chicago. However, I don't see at least for the moment other than this anything that would lead me to believe that this is a relationship that would make Barack Obama adhere to the beliefs of someone like William Ayers or for that matter that he even was all that close to him. I take the same view in the Keating 5 matter with John McCain, McCains involvement with Keating would not lead me to believe that he holds the same views that Keating does or for that matter contributed to the downfall of Lincoln S&L.

I dont believe it either but what I do believe is that McCain and family did business with him (so they had money at stake) , recieved as many as 9 free trips to a private island getaway and spoke to regulators in person and by letters to help Keating get out of the mess he created.

Obama served on a board to improve Chicago education that Ayers was also on.

Forum List

Back