Facts about Sarin

Zhukov

VIP Member
Dec 21, 2003
Everywhere, simultaneously.
Now that it has been confirmed that it was indeed Sarin that was found in the artillery shell rigged as an IED in Iraq I thought I'd share some information about Sarin:

100 milligrams is considered a lethal dose if inhaled.

1,500 milligrams is considered a lethal dose if exposed to skin.

1,500 milligrams is equal to .0033 lbs.

In 1988 Saddam Hussein used a combination of Sarin, mustard gas, and possibly VX to murder 5,000 and maim 65,000 innocents.

In 1995 Saddam admitted to possesing 790 tons of Sarin that was never accounted for.

The type of Sarin artillery shell found, if used properly, could kill thousands of peole.

The amount of Sarin found in that single artillery shell could theoretically kill hundreds of thousands of people.

Exposure to Sarin causes uncontrollable muscle spasms, paralysis, respiratory constriction, and finally an asphyxiating death.

an old article I came across:

Increasing Threat of Gas Attacks

Chemical weapons, aptly called the "poor man's nuke," are an increasing threat to the world, warn defense experts.

Iraq, Syria and Libya have chemical weapons and are acquiring or improving their capability to deliver them by ballistic missile.

United Nations arms inspectors in Iraq have already destroyed roughly 38,000 tons of chemical munitions, 30 chemical warheads for Scud missiles, and 4,000 tons of chemical agents.
Two types of chemical weapons, both nerve agents, are a primary concern:

Sarin -- used by Saddam Hussein against Kurds and Marsh Arabs a decade ago and by the Aum Shinrikyo cult in Japan two years ago -- is very effective in concentrated form or confined areas.

VX gas is said to be 100 to 1,000 times more powerful than Sarin, and Defense Secretary William Cohen says Iraq has enough to theoretically kill everyone on Earth.
The International Missile Technology Control Regime limits missiles capable of carrying biological or chemical warheads. But Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea and Syria are not parties to the agreement.

Source: Paul Beaver, "The Looming Chemical Weapons Threat," Wall Street Journal, December 31, 1997.

Posted on Wed, Mar. 03, 2004

Sarin nerve agent leaks from Alabama bunker

Associated Press

ANNISTON, Ala. - A trace amount of sarin nerve agent leaked from a weapons storage bunker at Anniston Army Depot, but no one was injured.

Workers were conducting routine checks for leaks Tuesday when a monitor detected the agent outside the airtight bunker where the weapons are stored.

Sarin did not escape the area, and the concentration was not enough to hurt anyone, said Cathy Coleman, a spokeswoman Anniston Chemical Activity, which oversees the stockpile.

Tons of munitions are stored in dirt-covered, concrete igloos at the depot 50 miles east of Birmingham.

Since 1982, the Army has found 897 leaking chemical weapons in storage at the depot, where the military is using an incinerator to destroy the aging weapons.

Dont start confusin people with the facts. there are no WMDs. thats the end of it:p

Though we have destroyed a great deal of it, it is likely that we (the U.S.) still posses more than enough Sarin, VX, Tabun, et cetera to wipe out all of humanity. The Russians probably have a great deal more, and it is probably far less secure.

Originally posted by Zhukov
Though we have destroyed a great deal of it, it is likely that we (the U.S.) still posses more than enough Sarin, VX, Tabun, et cetera to wipe out all of humanity. The Russians probably have a great deal more, and it is probably far less secure.

This really makes me feel so secure. You Kerry supporters hear this? Do you really want him deciding where this stuff is used? I mean remember Kerry is a man who has confessed to war atrocities before Congress.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
surely you can't be srious?

I can? wow thats a relief. Im going to go do something stupid. Thanks for letting me know that.

Originally posted by Zhukov
(snipped in my continuing "save the scroll button" campaign)

Exposure to Sarin causes uncontrollable muscle spasms, paralysis, respiratory constriction, and finally an asphyxiating death.

Those muscular constrictions often allow our lucky victims to snap thier own neck or back. The muscles relax or contract in response to your neurons firing totally at random. Ugly way to die.

That shell with the Sarin in it did put the ones that found it in the hospital.

It's so quite........ where's all the people that said there WASN'T any WMD's? Where did they all go?

Originally posted by Pale Rider
That shell with the Sarin in it did put the ones that found it in the hospital.

It's so quite........ where's all the people that said there WASN'T any WMD's? Where did they all go?

Still here...Haven't found any weapons of sufficient capacity, range, or destruciveness to pose the imminent threat to the US that Dubbyuh and his merry band were babbling about prior to invading Iraq. Dubbyuhs ever shifting rationales for war still hold no water.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
Haven't found any weapons of sufficient capacity, range, or destruciveness to pose the imminent threat to the US that Dubbyuh and his merry band were babbling about prior to invading Iraq.

Show me proof of where they stated this. I've asked you this in no less than 3 threads in the past month and you have yet to reply to any of them.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
This really makes me feel so secure. You Kerry supporters hear this? Do you really want him deciding where this stuff is used? I mean remember Kerry is a man who has confessed to war atrocities before Congress.

YOur so full of shit I bet you can taste it.
That's it.
From now on all I'm going to do is bash Bush on this site, forget bout trying to make any points.

It appears many have abandoned the need for supporting facts.

Now you're accusing Kerry of War atrocities?

Read a book you fucking moron. I know 15 year olds with more sense.

Originally posted by nycflasher

I don't believe he accused Kerry. Kerry admitted as much in his own words, claming his fellow soldiers AND himself committed these acts.

YOur so full of shit I bet you can taste it.
That's it.
From now on all I'm going to do is bash Bush on this site, forget bout trying to make any points.

It appears many have abandoned the need for supporting facts.

Kerry admits to war atrocities you stupid fuck.

http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnkerry.com/ker_sfrc_71.htm

They told the stories at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam in addition to the normal ravage of war, and the normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country.

I think you owe him an apology for saying he was "full of shit". I mean, Kerry admitted it, he provided a link to info on it and all you can say is.... "Ah, well in that sense our very pesence over there was an atrocity."

You must be a lib.... when confronted with facts, you ignore them.

Originally posted by freeandfun1
I think you owe him an apology for saying he was "full of shit". I mean, Kerry admitted it, he provided a link to info on it and all you can say is.... "Ah, well in that sense our very pesence over there was an atrocity."

You must be a lib.... when confronted with facts, you ignore them.

I think not.
RWA is a piece of shit.

Forum List

Back