Facts About Judaism

You may wish to regard the following: Messianic Life

huge_avatar

See...that's exactly what I'm talking about,
missionaries have not the least integrity to be straightforward,
trolling around seeking to disconnect Jews from their heritage, always sneaky.

What is that about Islam and Christianity that makes them so unsure
of themselves that they absolutely must try and turn everyone to be like them?
What heritage are you concerned about? I note that Mary and Joseph were a Jewish couple. Jesus was raised Jewish. He was dedicated at the Temple at Jerusalem... All the prophetic heritage of the Old Testament point to the coming of the Messiah who I firmly believe has come and will return again (likely sooner than later). The Messiah/Christ fulfilled every requirement of the Mosaic/GOD's Law. I note that many Jews are still seeking the Messiah's coming. Yet if indeed He came this day would Jews be anymore receptive than they were 2000 years ago? Would they not expect things to change at His revelation?

I see true Christianity as the pinnacle, or fruition of the history of the nation of Israel, and its part of bringing the SAVIOR to the ENTIRE world (the gentiles) --- and not just so it (Israel) can wallow in exclusive "traditions" for tradition sake... I as an evangelical christian love the Jewish people and their traditions, but I also realize that most of these traditions point to the Messiah. This is something I personally feel many Jews miss. They see them as family gatherings and shinning a spotlight upon themselves. But believers should be shining the light upon HIM who save us an not fret that we will somehow lose traditional identity. This is because we are all made whole when we spotlight G-D's grace to everyone.
If the episode of Mary barging her way onto the Temple Mount actually occurred, the Kohanim would have executed her or had her executed by the Romans.
The Kohanim were not known for being shy.
If you actually studied the Torah you would know how preposterous this "episode" sounds.
And where exactly does that episode appear in any of the Gospel narratives? I've never read of it. If you are speaking of some Hollywood movie, where have they ever stuck to the Bible without "artistic license". Look at NOAH and also the Ten Commandments. There are problems and I read the Bible and do not depend on even the best that Hollywood has to offer as sticking to the original script.
Luke?
The fact is that you have not read the NT at all if you don’t even know about this episode.
What I've read is that Mary and Joseph returned to Jerusalem when they realized that the 12 year old Jesus was missing from among the relatives and friends with whom they were traveling. Joseph and Mary found Jesus in the Temple days later astounding the learned men there with HIS knowledge of scripture. That is hardly barging in anywhere. We are not told of exactly where in the Temple complex this occurred. There was also a women's court.

you got a specific PART of the NT for that story? I read the NT
(long ago) and I remember the incident simply as being something
like "Jesus was in a synagogue talking to "grown up" educated
people and EXPOUNDING on scriptures in a manner beyond his years. I do not recall this incident as taking place in the central temple
in Jerusalem. I think your problem here is a matter of TRANSLATION
Lukas 2:41-52 Orthodox Jewish Bible (OJB)
41 And his horim (parents) used to make aliyah leregel (pilgrimage) to Yerushalayim shanah bshanah (year by year) for Chag HaPesach (the Feast of Pesach). [SHEMOT 23:15; DEVARIM 16:1-8]
42 And when he became a bocher of twelve years of age, they made aliyah leregel (pilgrimage), as usual, according to the mitzvah and minhag of the Chag.
43 And as they were returning, having fulfilled the prescribed number of yamim (days), the bocher Yehoshua stayed behind in Yerushalayim. And his horim (parents) did not have daas (knowledge) of this,
44 But supposed him to be in the caravan, and went a day’s journey. And they began looking for him among the krovim (relatives) and acquaintances.
45 And, not having found him, they returned to Yerushalayim, looking for him.
46 And it came about, that after shlosha yamim (three days) they found him in the courts of the Beis HaMikdash, sitting in the midst of the rabbis, both listening to them and asking them she’elot (kashes, questions).
47 And all the ones listening to him where amazed at his binah and at his teshuvot (answers).
48 And when his horim (parents) saw him, they were astounded, and his Em (mother) said to him, Beni, why did you do thus to us? Hinei, your abba and I were anxiously looking for you.
49 And he said to them, Why is it that you were looking for me? Did you not have daas that I must be in the Beis Avi [i.e., dealing with His affairs]?
50 And they did not have binah of the dvar which he spoke to them.
51 And he went down with them, and they came to Natzeret; and he continued in mishmaat (obedience) to his horim (parents). And his Em (mother) was treasuring all these things in her lev (heart).
52 And Yehoshua kept increasing in chochmah VGADEL VATOV GAM IM HASHEM VGAM IM ANASHIM (and stature and favor with Hashem and men, SHMUEL ALEF 2:26).
Orthodox Jewish Bible (OJB)
I read Luke many years ago; every verse, not just the cherry picked verses.
It's a very funny book.
In find that there are many funny things recorded in the entire Bible. God obviously has a sense of humor.
God has nothing on the bull crap in the NT.
The NT is akin to Curb Your Enthusiasm.

The NT is a book with a political agenda. It could be compared
to Mao's little red atrocity

huge_avatar

What heritage are you concerned about? I note that Mary and Joseph were a Jewish couple. Jesus was raised Jewish. He was dedicated at the Temple at Jerusalem... All the prophetic heritage of the Old Testament point to the coming of the Messiah who I firmly believe has come and will return again (likely sooner than later). The Messiah/Christ fulfilled every requirement of the Mosaic/GOD's Law. I note that many Jews are still seeking the Messiah's coming. Yet if indeed He came this day would Jews be anymore receptive than they were 2000 years ago? Would they not expect things to change at His revelation?

I see true Christianity as the pinnacle, or fruition of the history of the nation of Israel, and its part of bringing the SAVIOR to the ENTIRE world (the gentiles) --- and not just so it (Israel) can wallow in exclusive "traditions" for tradition sake... I as an evangelical christian love the Jewish people and their traditions, but I also realize that most of these traditions point to the Messiah. This is something I personally feel many Jews miss. They see them as family gatherings and shinning a spotlight upon themselves. But believers should be shining the light upon HIM who save us an not fret that we will somehow lose traditional identity. This is because we are all made whole when we spotlight G-D's grace to everyone.
If the episode of Mary barging her way onto the Temple Mount actually occurred, the Kohanim would have executed her or had her executed by the Romans.
If you actually studied the Torah you would know how preposterous this "episode" sounds.
And where exactly does that episode appear in any of the Gospel narratives? I've never read of it. If you are speaking of some Hollywood movie, where have they ever stuck to the Bible without "artistic license". Look at NOAH and also the Ten Commandments. There are problems and I read the Bible and do not depend on even the best that Hollywood has to offer as sticking to the original script.
Luke?
The fact is that you have not read the NT at all if you don’t even know about this episode.
What I've read is that Mary and Joseph returned to Jerusalem when they realized that the 12 year old Jesus was missing from among the relatives and friends with whom they were traveling. Joseph and Mary found Jesus in the Temple days later astounding the learned men there with HIS knowledge of scripture. That is hardly barging in anywhere. We are not told of exactly where in the Temple complex this occurred. There was also a women's court.

people and EXPOUNDING on scriptures in a manner beyond his years. I do not recall this incident as taking place in the central temple
41 And his horim (parents) used to make aliyah leregel (pilgrimage) to Yerushalayim shanah bshanah (year by year) for Chag HaPesach (the Feast of Pesach). [SHEMOT 23:15; DEVARIM 16:1-8]
42 And when he became a bocher of twelve years of age, they made aliyah leregel (pilgrimage), as usual, according to the mitzvah and minhag of the Chag.
43 And as they were returning, having fulfilled the prescribed number of yamim (days), the bocher Yehoshua stayed behind in Yerushalayim. And his horim (parents) did not have daas (knowledge) of this,
44 But supposed him to be in the caravan, and went a day’s journey. And they began looking for him among the krovim (relatives) and acquaintances.
46 And it came about, that after shlosha yamim (three days) they found him in the courts of the Beis HaMikdash, sitting in the midst of the rabbis, both listening to them and asking them she’elot (kashes, questions).
47 And all the ones listening to him where amazed at his binah and at his teshuvot (answers).
48 And when his horim (parents) saw him, they were astounded, and his Em (mother) said to him, Beni, why did you do thus to us? Hinei, your abba and I were anxiously looking for you.
49 And he said to them, Why is it that you were looking for me? Did you not have daas that I must be in the Beis Avi [i.e., dealing with His affairs]?
51 And he went down with them, and they came to Natzeret; and he continued in mishmaat (obedience) to his horim (parents). And his Em (mother) was treasuring all these things in her lev (heart).
52 And Yehoshua kept increasing in chochmah VGADEL VATOV GAM IM HASHEM VGAM IM ANASHIM (and stature and favor with Hashem and men, SHMUEL ALEF 2:26).
It's a very funny book.

poor Luke never spoke with Jesus and, likely, never met him.
He was Greek, He may have known some Latin
This may provide more insight, if that is what you'd appreciate: Who Wrote the Gospel of Luke and Acts?

huge_avatar

Luke?

It's a very funny book.
In find that there are many funny things recorded in the entire Bible. God obviously has a sense of humor.
God has everything to do with the New Testament --- it totally reaffirms the truth of the Old Testament. The book of Hebrews is a prime example.

huge_avatar

Luke?

It's a very funny book.
God has everything to do with the New Testament --- it totally reaffirms the truth of the Old Testament. The book of Hebrews is a prime example.

Christian Discovers that the Book of Hebrews Corrupted Jewish Scriptures!

"Reaffirm" as in corrupting the word of G-d?

Last edited:
The Meaning of Suffering - Rabbi Zamir Cohen

Sorrow, pain, suffering, hardships… While life is full of ups and downs, we do at times encounter hard times and moments of tragedy and we often ask ourselves why? Why does this happen to me? If the world is just then what is the meaning of all this? In this fascinating lecture, Rabbi Zamir Cohen sheds some light on the meaning of hardship and suffering in this world

huge_avatar

Luke?

It's a very funny book.

This may provide more insight, if that is what you'd appreciate: Who Wrote the Gospel of Luke and Acts?

I am not subscribing-----so who wrote Luke and Acts? Paul?

huge_avatar

Luke?

It's a very funny book.

Nobody knows who wrote them.
Every single book in the Jewish Scriptures is well documented.
No Jew accepts any statement from anybody who doesn't quote who said it to them.
The Talmud doesn't have one statement that doesn't have an attribution to the person's teacher.
No Rabbi would have the balls to present an idea without an attribution and if it's their own idea they have to explicitly state so.

huge_avatar

Luke?

It's a very funny book.

That's being nice...Hebrews is an abortion and drug trip in one.
Everything is out of chronological order and incorrect.
But most NT believers are too chicken to actually study Tanach verse by verse.

huge_avatar

Luke?

It's a very funny book.
I presume you failed high school.

Sorrow, pain, suffering, hardships… While life is full of ups and downs, we do at times encounter hard times and moments of tragedy and we often ask ourselves why? Why does this happen to me? If the world is just then what is the meaning of all this? In this fascinating lecture, Rabbi Zamir Cohen sheds some light on the meaning of hardship and suffering in this world

Christians don't believe God is beyond infinite, that's why they concentrate on the physical.

Christians don't believe God is beyond infinite, that's why they concentrate on the physical.

Well, each nation, or what Jung would refer to as 'collective unconscious',
to its own position at an angle against Aspaklaria Shvurah.

At this point, I'm leaning towards the conclusion that out of all who bear a spark of truth, Christianity is furthest of them all, and most preversed - exactly because among that which
was corrupted on purpose, much is copied "word for word".

At least Islam doesn't copy directly, not to mention it being a true Monotheism.
Christianity in that sense, is further than even the Zulu monkey idol worship.
Most corrupt of them all.

Far east, in spite the apparent, seems most sincere.
Just calmly guarding Abraham Avinu's A"H gifts.
While Tao advanced reaching most depth.

And only Israel have the living Torah.

(Edit: Indeependent I corrected several words)

Last edited:

huge_avatar

Luke?

It's a very funny book.
I find that there are many funny things recorded in the entire Bible. God obviously has a sense of humor.
God has everything to do with the New Testament --- it (the New Testament) totally reaffirms the truth of the Old Testament. The book of Hebrews is a prime example.

It completes what the Old Testament eluded to.

huge_avatar

Luke?

It's a very funny book.
I find that there are many funny things recorded in the entire Bible. God obviously has a sense of humor.
God has everything to do with the New Testament --- it (the New Testament) totally reaffirms the truth of the Old Testament. The book of Hebrews is a prime example.

It completes what the Old Testament eluded to.

It's obvious you have never read the Torah or the prophets.
God said that everything that has happened in history was going to happen but your priests and ministers don't want you to read those verses.

How so? I was taught eternal and unchanging. How is that not infinite?

Physical? God is beyond material.

huge_avatar

Luke?

It's a very funny book.
I presume you failed high school.
That’s not a good look on you.

huge_avatar

Luke?

It's a very funny book.

Nobody knows who wrote them.
Every single book in the Jewish Scriptures is well documented.
No Jew accepts any statement from anybody who doesn't quote who said it to them.
The Talmud doesn't have one statement that doesn't have an attribution to the person's teacher.
No Rabbi would have the balls to present an idea without an attribution and if it's their own idea they have to explicitly state so.
Really? Who wrote Job?

huge_avatar

Luke?

It's a very funny book.

That's being nice...Hebrews is an abortion and drug trip in one.
Everything is out of chronological order and incorrect.
But most NT believers are too chicken to actually study Tanach verse by verse.

Gee, tell us what you really think about us?

Well, you do seem to be especially drawn
to every thread that has to do with Judaism.

What's the motivation?
To understand your beliefs about God. For instance, it has been argued on these boards that the G-d of Abraham is cruel. I have argued that’s not how the Jews of the OT saw it. Unfortunately I have yet to find a Jew who is willing to discuss anything on this subject.
Already explained that.
Nice dodge. I didn’t think you could discuss it, but your pride wouldn’t allow you to say so.
Did you really ask a question?
So you go from you already answered it to did I ask a question?

But you aren’t scared, right?

Oh dingy dingy,
you've quoted 2 of my questions,
and none of yours.

Definitely NASA material...
I’m good with that as long as you don’t explain why your predecessors believed God is loving.

Actually I will win either way. ;)

My predecessors knew the words of G-d's prophets
and His commandments that speak of love.
Interesting. So you have no idea that Moses recorded in writing the history that all Jews already knew? You do realize that the account of Genesis was passed down orally from generation to generation for thousands of years before Moses recorded it, right?

Or were you taught that God revealed to Moses the accounts of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and that no one ever knew of that history until Moses revealed it?

But putting that aside, you have skipped thousands of years where your prophets had no name. Or are you suggesting that your people did not know God is loving before Moses?

Are you suggesting that God was loving when he condemned mankind to suffer?

Are you suggesting that God was loving when he brought forth a flood to kill mankind?

Are you suggesting that God was loving when he made Moses wander in the desert for 40 years?

Are you suggesting that God was loving when he gave the command to kill every man, woman and child in Canaan?

so if I am to understand you, your only basis in believing that your people believed God is loving is because your prophets told you so? That doesn’t sound like knowledge. That sounds like you are blindly parroting what you were told. sounds like you are what Rosie would call a child of society.

How do you believe the prophets knew God was loving? What was their basis for that belief?

I know.

Seriously ding,
it doesn't matter what I would answer,
You just totally neglect it, and reserve to dumping strawman fallacies.

All these leading talking points You get from the church,
are simple questions dealt with when children study the Humash.

All I can suggest, is try actually reading the book, slowly and carefully,
and refer You to Rashi - because otherwise it's just meaningless waste of time.
You can’t answer them so you make a ridiculous argument that small children know these answers.

prove me wrong. Are you not at least capable as a small child?

Forum List

Back