Factory Job Gains Under Obama Best Since Clinton

Bfgrn

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2009
In an election focused on jobs, President Barack Obama can boast of crossing one milestone: the longest stretch of employment gains in manufacturing in almost two decades.

The BGOV Barometer shows U.S. factory positions have grown since early 2010, arresting a slide that began toward the end of the 1990s. It’s the best showing since the era of Bill Clinton, the only president in the last 30 years to leave office with more factory jobs than when he began.

more

You freaks are dillusional and can lie with a straight face.

Why are we still above 8% unemployment?

Why are 1 in 6 Americans living in poverty?

Oh nevermind..... you don't give a shit anyway.

A. Because your Tea Party led Congress won't let a jobs bill go through without adding amendments like "repeal the AHCA, Defund NPR and planned parenthood, and making the Bush tax cuts permanent....Knowing full well no one is going to pass it in the Senate with shit like that attached.

B. Because your "job creators" don't and won't trickle down.

No....we DO give a shit...that's why we've given up on the absurd idea that trickle down economics is anything more than a huge Corporate welfare system and an even bigger lie.

Manufacturers blame uncertain economy for lack of growth

Fact Check: The Obama Administration LOST 500,000 Manufacturing Jobs
Despite Clinton and Obama's chest pounding, the rise in manufacturing jobs is from an all-time low. Hence, the NET job loss since Obama took office is 500,000 jobs. If it were not for a brief flicker of economic life, the loss would have been 1,000,000 manufacturing jobs. Despite a deluge of excellent news for American manufacturing, its tepid growth has reversed.
jobs-grahpic.png

The NAFTA, GATT free trade debacle has lasted over a decade. The one politician who has even whispered he will try to stand up for American manufacturing is Romney.
Sadly, just before the DNC convention, in plenty of time to revise Clinton's speech, manufacturing in the United States began, once again to decline. Why? Sadly, manufacturers reported increased cost pressures from freight rates and fuel. As a result the ISM's prices index jumped to 54.0 from 39.5 in July. Why is fuel going higher? Not because Obama and Clinton have the needs of American manufacturers at heart, that's for sure.

The leading indicators suggest this trend will continue.

There is work in America for a prosperous new generation of Americans. All we need do is make government get out of the way

A. Because your Tea Party led Congress won't let a jobs bill go through without adding amendments like "repeal the AHCA, Defund NPR and planned parenthood, and making the Bush tax cuts permanent....Knowing full well no one is going to pass it in the Senate with shit like that attached.

No....we DO give a shit...that's why we've given up on the absurd idea that trickle down economics is anything more than a huge Corporate welfare system and an even bigger lie.

You useful idiot.... Obama did not need ONE REPUBLICAN vote for nearly TWO FUKIN YEARS you lying hack.

BTW, you know nothing about economics.

You can not have a strong middle class if they dont have jobs.

Last time I checked, I have never gotten a good steady job from one of my peers... it is usually some rich dude that holds the purse strings.
Oh, and my rich boss is black :omg:

Imagine that :cool:

Funny how spinning garbage into fact has become such an art form. Fact remains, when one considers how far we fell and continue to fall in manufacturing those peak jobs will never recover with this king of cronyism at the helm of state. So you loose a few hundred thousand and gain a thousand for a few months and that is something to be proud of? Damm, one would hope those making such claims don't gamble. Ask yourself one question, are you better off today as you were 4 years ago?

Funny how spinning garbage into fact has become such an art form. Fact remains, when one considers how far we fell and continue to fall in manufacturing those peak jobs will never recover with this king of cronyism at the helm of state. So you loose a few hundred thousand and gain a thousand for a few months and that is something to be proud of? Damm, one would hope those making such claims don't gamble. Ask yourself one question, are you better off today as you were 4 years ago?

The same question I asked myself in 2008.

You useful idiot.... Obama did not need ONE REPUBLICAN vote for nearly TWO FUKIN YEARS you lying hack.

Last time I checked, I have never gotten a good steady job from one of my peers... it is usually some rich dude that holds the purse strings.

You're the useful idiot for believing that tripe about the two year bulletproof Congress.

Last time I checked, rich dudes are Americans too....and their lack of patriotism in the way of outsourcing jobs, hiding money in tax havens, paying people shit wages with little to no benefits and all the while raking in massive profits and exponentially improving their personal wealth while their employees struggle to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table is a huge factor in our economic woes, our expanding debt, and the amount of people who need subsided by government to make ends meet while still working their asses off.

I don't give a shit if your boss is pink with purple polka dots. You will rarely see me play the race card....there are a few true racists on Here and I will call them individuals out. But as a general rule? I don't do it.

You're the useful idiot for believing that tripe about the two year bulletproof Congress.

Last time I checked, rich dudes are Americans too....and their lack of patriotism in the way of outsourcing jobs, hiding money in tax havens, paying people shit wages with little to no benefits and all the while raking in massive profits and exponentially improving their personal wealth while their employees struggle to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table is a huge factor in our economic woes, our expanding debt, and the amount of people who need subsided by government to make ends meet while still working their asses off.

I don't give a shit if your boss is pink with purple polka dots. You will rarely see me play the race card....there are a few true racists on Here and I will call them individuals out. But as a general rule? I don't do it.

You really shoud educate yourself on the facts.... I won't hold my breath though.

Oh, and the last time I checked, rich dudes are Democrats too.... you act as if its only Republicans who have money.

If that were true.... EVERYONE would strive to be one. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

You really shoud educate yourself on the facts.... I won't hold my breath though.

Oh, and the last time I checked, rich dudes are Democrats too.... you act as if its only Republicans who have money.

If that were true.... EVERYONE would strive to be one. :eusa_whistle:

really? Your little bout of ignorance on the Congress thing has been proven wrong about a dozen times just in the year + that I've been on this board.

Yeah....rich dudes ARE Democrats too. Who said they weren't? But.....it's mostly only you guys that are fine with the shit I mentioned above.

Forum List

Back