Factories having trouble finding workers

Of course, I wasn't talking about trade school.

Apprentice programs such as I was discussing continue right now, and continue to work. Factories who use this method won't be in articles such as the one in the OP, whining about not being able to find skilled workers.

I'm sure they do work,but you would still need a basic knowlege of welding skills. Some of the ones I've seen that have been required are Oxy-fuel welding and brazing ,Flux-Core Arc Welding (FCAW),Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW), Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) probably others. As well as how to use other equipment such as cutting machines etc...Most do make you take a welding test to qualify.
It of course depends on the job requirements. many jobs in factories require no welding/brazing skills at all.

Maybe so, but I was going by the welders and machine operators (to work laser cutters) that they were talking about in the article. They did say they were having a hard time finding electricians also. I would imagine they would need basic training also to apply for any sort of apprentice training program.

Last edited:
I love seeing Democrats find employment. Imagine if Republicans actually "promoted" education. It would be much more difficult for Democrats to find a job. It's much easier with half of America out of the running.

I'm not sure i understand your thesis here.

Are you saying that the republicans are the one who are trying to stop the teaching of the 3 R's in favor of sensitivity training to assure that all children beleive that it's better to be a minority gay than to be an English speaking, employed middle class worker?

I guess I missed this in Ronnie's State of the Union speeches.

No one on the left believes that. But those on the right most certainly do. They put down education, their children drop out and then they scream "Mexicans are taking their jobs". Well, if all you are qualified for is to pick apples, then "yes", I guess Mexicans are taking their jobs. And doing it better. At least they don't complain and overeat.

I love seeing Democrats find employment. Imagine if Republicans actually "promoted" education. It would be much more difficult for Democrats to find a job. It's much easier with half of America out of the running.

Are you saying that the republicans are the one who are trying to stop the teaching of the 3 R's in favor of sensitivity training to assure that all children beleive that it's better to be a minority gay than to be an English speaking, employed middle class worker?

You'll have to forgive rdean, he thinks Democrats are the solution to everything (despite all the evidence to the contrary) and hasn't stopped worshiping at the Altar of Obama since he was immaculated.

I think Americans working together have a solution to everything.

Right wingers do not. Most don't even seem to like this country. They obviously have no respect for education. The Republicans party is like a "giant hate group". First it's the gays, then the Hispanics, then the Muslims, now teachers and nurses. Who's next?

You'll have to forgive rdean, he thinks Democrats are the solution to everything (despite all the evidence to the contrary) and hasn't stopped worshiping at the Altar of Obama since he was immaculated.

I think Americans working together have a solution to everything.

Right wingers do not. Most don't even seem to like this country. They obviously have no respect for education. The Republicans party is like a "giant hate group". First it's the gays, then the Hispanics, then the Muslims, now teachers and nurses. Who's next?
Well it seems that one Democrat, Obama, "loves" America so much that he would rather be President of China.

Forum List

Back