Factcheck.org: Yes, its true McCain votes with Bush 95% of the time

the comments about obama are just pure deflection from the FACT that McCain voted for BUSH'S failed policies 90% of the time.

I read the link and it does not mention which policies were successful and which were not. It mentions in aggregate, that McCain voted for policies Bush favored.

It was also interesting to note that Obama voted 96%+ of the time in line with Democrats policy. If I were to see that both candidates vote pretty much in line with their party, I would not realistically say one is a maverick and one is about change.

I read the link and it does not mention which policies were successful and which were not. It mentions in aggregate, that McCain voted for policies Bush favored.

It was also interesting to note that Obama voted 96%+ of the time in line with Democrats policy. If I were to see that both candidates vote pretty much in line with their party, I would not realistically say one is a maverick and one is about change.

What policies of Bush's weren't failures?

No... again... stop deflecting... Obama isn't trying to distance himself from the democratic party. McCain is trying to pretend he isn't Bush Lite.

the Democrats aren't the incumbent party...there is good reason why Obama voted with his party....they disagree with the direction of the country.... so do a majority of Americans at this point.

McCain is trying to pretend that he's not a member of the party in charge and it's just not going to work.

umm you might want to get your facts right frazzle... Bush didn't veto any bill for the first five years, when the Repubs controlled both houses. Now he vetos shit all the time.

Obama isn't running as a maverick either so I'm not sure why people expect him to buck his party? He's not trying to reinvent himself as some non-partisan outsider whose been fighting the corruption in washington all these years only to be "forced" to go along with the politics as usual.

McCain's record speaks for itself. He can try to run from it but there it is. 95% of the time he voted with the worst President in modern history.

Well except for the fact that for 6 of his 8 years he was one of the most well thought of Presidents of all time as well. Golly, did we just forget about that? About the fact he was so well liked that he caused GAINS in congress for his party in 2002 when historically a sitting presidents party LOSES seats in the off year?

Retards one and all.

Obama says he is for change yet he voted 97 percent of time right along party lines with people that have NO interest in change, go figure.

McCain voted with the dems 5% of the time?

Now THAT pisses me off.

Of course "the Great Uniter" voted with the dem 97% of the time; so he can go pound sand.

Neither of the two 'major' parties are credible, and their blind followers as well. May as well vote green since they won't win and it won't matter which of the other two do.

They are pawns to all scheme of things. In the end of the day, Dems and Reps toast one another for a job well done. I thought George W. Bush is the President. How can he vote? He signs or veto bills.

Last edited:
Well except for the fact that for 6 of his 8 years he was one of the most well thought of Presidents of all time as well. Golly, did we just forget about that? About the fact he was so well liked that he caused GAINS in congress for his party in 2002 when historically a sitting presidents party LOSES seats in the off year?

Retards one and all.

Obama says he is for change yet he voted 97 percent of time right along party lines with people that have NO interest in change, go figure.

I think YOU'RE the one who's retarded if you're talking about Bush... Because his approval ratings have sucked other than during his "honeymoon" period. So what on earth are you talking about?

Forum List

Back