Fact checking the Fox debate

HIS jobs plan? Does he actually have one? If he does, he should give Congress one that they feel they can pass....sounds to me like he's not working with them like he should. And, i've heard there are quite a few bills sitting in the Senate collecting dust. Are they still on vacation there, or are they still playing games?
The Senate Minority Leader has blocked those bills from coming up for a vote.

If you are going to argue politics, know what you are arguing.

So what is so great about his Jobs plan? What i've read about, i'm pretty glad it was blocked because it doesn't sound like Obama really thought this through very well. Or he did and he's just hoping nobody notices until it's over. I'm glad there's someone watching out for us....Congress is doing what we asked them to do, keep Obama from screwing us more!

What Do You Call a Jobs Bill That Begets No Jobs?: Caroline Baum - Bloomberg

Whoa..this guy went from "Does he have a jobs bill?" to "Whats so special about his jobs bill?" in 3.5 seconds. Thats a backpeddle world record

“We’ve got a president in office three years, and he does not have a jobs plan yet.”
— Romney

This is a strange comment, given that President Obama has just spent several months demanding that Congress pass his jobs plan.

HIS jobs plan? Does he actually have one? If he does, he should give Congress one that they feel they can pass....sounds to me like he's not working with them like he should. And, i've heard there are quite a few bills sitting in the Senate collecting dust. Are they still on vacation there, or are they still playing games?

You need to do a little fact checking of your own.

Harry Reid | Jobs Bill Blocked | Mitch McConnell | The Daily Caller

"For all of President Obama’s insistence that Congress must “pass this bill now,” and Democrats’ assurances that they have the votes necessary to pass it, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid was in no mood to vote on the president’s jobs-creation bill Tuesday afternoon.

Reid blocked a vote on Obama’s jobs bill after Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell made a motion to add it as an amendment to a bill being heard on the floor. That bill was an effort to put pressure on China to allow its currency to appreciate.

McConnell said earlier that given Obama’s insistence on passing his jobs bill quickly, he wanted to put the Senate on the record.

“Twelve times the president has asked us over the last few weeks to vote on what he calls his jobs bill now,” McConnell said. “I don’t think the president is saying here he wants an extensive debate on it. I think he’s saying he wants a vote on it. And I want to disabuse him of the notion that we’re not willing to vote on it.”

An early vote on the $447 billion jobs bill would have likely ended in embarrassment for the White House. Republicans are sure to oppose it as a whole, and Senate Democrats want to take a closer look at the bill, possibly proposing alternate payment methods.

Reid called the motion a “charade” and “ridiculous on its face,” adding the Senate will have a full debate on the jobs bill later. Reid has indicated that the president’s jobs bill will be brought before the Senate sometime this month."

Note that "this month" was October 2011. Has Harry brought his party's president's jobs bill up for a vote yet?

Last edited:
“We’ve got a president in office three years, and he does not have a jobs plan yet.”
— Romney

This is a strange comment, given that President Obama has just spent several months demanding that Congress pass his jobs plan.

What Obama has "called" a jobs plan is nothing more than a watered down version of his first stimulus with a different name. He wants us to once more borrow billions of dollars to keep public sector workers employed and prop up unemployment. That's not a jobs plan...that's a desperate attempt to paint your opponents as obstructionists for opposing bad policy. Obama's "jobs plan" was never about jobs...it was always about politics.

They didn't find a single misstatement made from Paul? Hmm...interesting.

a politician that doesnt lie. i know its tough to wrap your head around and not something the sheeple approve of

To bad his ideas are crazy

And your's are not?
On another note, you admitted voting for Reid in a visitor message to me. How about admitting publicly that you are a hypocrite when you claim you wouldn't vote for a Mormon? Come one TDM. You can do it!

a politician that doesnt lie. i know its tough to wrap your head around and not something the sheeple approve of

And your's are not?
On another note, you admitted voting for Reid in a visitor message to me. How about admitting publicly that you are a hypocrite when you claim you wouldn't vote for a Mormon? Come one TDM. You can do it!

Being a Democrat and a Mormon is fine.

It is those big bad greedy evil GOPers that are Mormons who are scary people.

"For all of President Obama’s insistence that Congress must “pass this bill now,” and Democrats’ assurances that they have the votes necessary to pass it, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid was in no mood to vote on the president’s jobs-creation bill Tuesday afternoon.

Reid blocked a vote on Obama’s jobs bill after Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell made a motion to add it as an amendment to a bill being heard on the floor. That bill was an effort to put pressure on China to allow its currency to appreciate.

McConnell said earlier that given Obama’s insistence on passing his jobs bill quickly, he wanted to put the Senate on the record.

“Twelve times the president has asked us over the last few weeks to vote on what he calls his jobs bill now,” McConnell said. “I don’t think the president is saying here he wants an extensive debate on it. I think he’s saying he wants a vote on it. And I want to disabuse him of the notion that we’re not willing to vote on it.”

An early vote on the $447 billion jobs bill would have likely ended in embarrassment for the White House. Republicans are sure to oppose it as a whole, and Senate Democrats want to take a closer look at the bill, possibly proposing alternate payment methods.

Reid called the motion a “charade” and “ridiculous on its face,” adding the Senate will have a full debate on the jobs bill later. Reid has indicated that the president’s jobs bill will be brought before the Senate sometime this month."

Note that "this month" was October 2011. Has Harry brought his party's president's jobs bill up for a vote yet?

Don't hold your breath on it being brought up any time soon either...this was never a bill that the President had any expectation of passing. It was something he proposed strictly for political gamesmanship. The fact that Harry Reid didn't want a vote on the thing shows that quite clearly. Democrats in the Senate up for reelection in 2012 want nothing to do with being on record for voting for Stimulus II right before they have to defend their votes next year. What was a "charade" and "ridiculous on it's face" was Obama's jobs bill in the first place. The American people out of work are desperate for some leadership on jobs and what they got instead was this farce.

— Romney

Mitt Romney is a rhetoric spouting corporate lap dog that is a servant to power whom is incapable of independent thought, let alone leadership. He is a nu-sense and a stain on this history of this country. Only in America, home of the dum-dums and those enchanted by the glowing box, would an idiot like him even be considered for a higher office.

Every election cycle makes me embarrassed to be an American.

Reid has blocked them.
Link?

Do you really not understand that the "majority" leader has control over what is voted on...not the "minority" leader? Come on, Synth...don't embarrass yourself...Harry Reid controls the Senate and Harry Reid is blocking whatever bills the GOP led House sends his way. The count of bills he's sitting on now is well over 30 and growing.

Why yes, yes he did the next week!! And pathological liar McConnell, who said he would allow an up or down vote on the bill with much fanfare the week before, blocked the vote on the $447 billion jobs bill.

But you CON$ervative know-it-alls knew that already.

Senate Republicans block Obama's jobs package - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Senate Republicans blocked President Obama's $447 billion jobs package on Tuesday, putting the brakes on a bill Mr. Obama has been vigorously promoting over the past month.
By around 7 p.m., the vote tally was 50 to 48, giving Republicans more than the 40 votes needed to filibuster the bill.

“The fact is that more people have been put on food stamps by Barack Obama than any president in American history.” — Gingrich
We have examined this issue before, giving Gingrich a Pinocchio for this statement.
This is an example of taking a fact — an all-time high for food stamp recipients — and taking it out of context. The president is struggling with the aftermath of an economic situation he inherited, while building on food stamp changes that preceded his tenure.

wow Gingrich is a special kinda idiot.

— Romney

Mitt Romney is a rhetoric spouting corporate lap dog that is a servant to power whom is incapable of independent thought, let alone leadership. He is a nu-sense and a stain on this history of this country. Only in America, home of the dum-dums and those enchanted by the glowing box, would an idiot like him even be considered for a higher office.

Every election cycle makes me embarrassed to be an American.

I don't think you know the meaning of "corporate lap dog".

Fiscal sanity...crazy?

$15,242,673,000,000 of debt and rising fast...sane?

Got it!

Over 70% of Americans think the country is headed in the wrong direction yet these same Americans will then turn around and without even thinking automatically call the one man desperately trying to veer off this path "crazy" for the very fact that he's against this self-destructive status quo. Such lazy thinkers deserve whatever they get.

Why yes, yes he did the next week!! And pathological liar McConnell, who said he would allow an up or down vote on the bill with much fanfare the week before, blocked the vote on the $447 billion jobs bill.

But you CON$ervative know-it-alls knew that already.

Senate Republicans block Obama's jobs package - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Senate Republicans blocked President Obama's $447 billion jobs package on Tuesday, putting the brakes on a bill Mr. Obama has been vigorously promoting over the past month.
By around 7 p.m., the vote tally was 50 to 48, giving Republicans more than the 40 votes needed to filibuster the bill.

Well of course the Republicans voted against it, it was a shitty piece of entitlement legislation. But the deciding vote to kill it came from Reid who did so in a prcedural move so he could bring pieces of the legislation up for vote again. Tell the class, has he brought them up for a vote to date? No. So, who is preventing a vote on Obama's bill? Democrat Reid. Surely Obama can get his party's Senate Majority Leader to play ball and vote on his jobs bill.

So what is so great about his Jobs plan? What i've read about, i'm pretty glad it was blocked because it doesn't sound like Obama really thought this through very well. Or he did and he's just hoping nobody notices until it's over. I'm glad there's someone watching out for us....Congress is doing what we asked them to do, keep Obama from screwing us more!

Whoa..this guy went from "Does he have a jobs bill?" to "Whats so special about his jobs bill?" in 3.5 seconds. Thats a backpeddle world record

Maybe because i looked it up and read some information on it???? 3.5 seconds...lol! Exagerate much? And....sorry, i'm not a "guy" :)

It was a bunch of initiatives that Republicans have always supported. Note the word 'always'.

But not now, because that might help Obama. Pathetic. And people will be reminded of this big time, right before the election.

New Topics

Forum List

Back