Fact checking the Fox debate

“The fact is that more people have been put on food stamps by Barack Obama than any president in American history.” — Gingrich
We have examined this issue before, giving Gingrich a Pinocchio for this statement.
This is an example of taking a fact — an all-time high for food stamp recipients — and taking it out of context. The president is struggling with the aftermath of an economic situation he inherited, while building on food stamp changes that preceded his tenure.

“The most extraordinary thing that’s happened with this military authorization is the president’s planning on cutting a trillion dollars out of military spending.”
— Romney

Romney failed to mention that this figure is the result of a budget deal reached with Republican leaders — and that Obama has said he will seek to achieve the required deficit reduction though other means (ie. higher taxes).

“We’ve got a president in office three years, and he does not have a jobs plan yet.”
— Romney

This is a strange comment, given that President Obama has just spent several months demanding that Congress pass his jobs plan.

“I was also proud of the fact that we balanced the budget every year I was in office. We reduced taxes 19 times.”
— Romney

Somehow, he always fails to mention that, in order to balance the budget, he created hundreds of millions of dollars worth of new fees and closed as much as $1.5 billion worth of corporate tax loopholes.

“We’ve got a president in office three years, and he does not have a jobs plan yet.”
— Romney

This is a strange comment, given that President Obama has just spent several months demanding that Congress pass his jobs plan.

HIS jobs plan? Does he actually have one? If he does, he should give Congress one that they feel they can pass....sounds to me like he's not working with them like he should. And, i've heard there are quite a few bills sitting in the Senate collecting dust. Are they still on vacation there, or are they still playing games?

— Romney

HIS jobs plan? Does he actually have one? If he does, he should give Congress one that they feel they can pass....sounds to me like he's not working with them like he should. And, i've heard there are quite a few bills sitting in the Senate collecting dust. Are they still on vacation there, or are they still playing games?
The Senate Minority Leader has blocked those bills from coming up for a vote.

If you are going to argue politics, know what you are arguing.

— Romney

Reid has blocked them.

Reid has blocked them.
Link?

— Romney

So what is so great about his Jobs plan? What i've read about, i'm pretty glad it was blocked because it doesn't sound like Obama really thought this through very well. Or he did and he's just hoping nobody notices until it's over. I'm glad there's someone watching out for us....Congress is doing what we asked them to do, keep Obama from screwing us more!

What Do You Call a Jobs Bill That Begets No Jobs?: Caroline Baum - Bloomberg

“The fact is that more people have been put on food stamps by Barack Obama than any president in American history.” — Gingrich
We have examined this issue before, giving Gingrich a Pinocchio for this statement.
This is an example of taking a fact — an all-time high for food stamp recipients — and taking it out of context. The president is struggling with the aftermath of an economic situation he inherited, while building on food stamp changes that preceded his tenure.

in others words I am the high and mighty fact checker, I no longer render a verdict ala does 2 + 2 = 4, I now say it can be 5, if you just let me explain why...:lol:

I no longer check if the statement is true, I check it vs. my ideological reasoning, so as to craft an EXCUSE for the undeniably empirically proven stated comment.

This fact checking blow out has become a rogues game, I don't care who is doing it.

the reason FOR a condition or fact being addressed is part of the DEBATE between people and themselves, we don't need a site unless they advertise as such, to make arguments in mitigation as the how and why the 'fact' is incorrect/correct, that's not objective, see how that works? ..........no wonder you're lost here 90% of the time.

“A year from now I think people are going to see that we're starting to make some progress," said Obama. "But there's still going to be some pain out there. If I don't have this done in three years, then there's going to be a one-term proposition.” - Barack Obama

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/fla...one-term-proposition-if-economy-doesnt-turn-3

Last edited:
— Romney

Held up by Democrat Speaker Harry Reid.

Forum List

Back