Fact Checking Rep. Bachmann's "Tea Party Response" To The State Of The Union

The Bush administration did the exact same thing. The Bush economy was a disaster.
And the people that laid off so many were hailed as "heroes". Carly Fiorina laid off 30-50K Techs at HP and shipped those jobs overseas. This was after she trashed Lucent.

I'll take that disaster over this one any day.... avg 5% unemployment. Yep, thats better than 9% + any day.

GE layed off 34,000 and shipped 24,000 jobs to India....and then

Obama recently tapped Connecticut’s General Electric CEO Jeffrey Immelt to chair the President’s Council on Jobs and Competitiveness to reduce the stubborn unemployment rate. :eusa_eh:

Again.

The Bush economy was a disaster.

It's WHY we are where we are today.

It was an administration rife with crime, propaganda and misinformation.

They cut taxes while starting two wars. Then they put those wars off budget. Like the spending didn't exist.

Lots of people were suckered.

Lots.

I'll take that disaster over this one any day.... avg 5% unemployment. Yep, thats better than 9% + any day.

PoliticalCorrection.org..... a project of Media Matters. This is the OP's idea of a fact check source. And he wonders why I mock him.

You mocking him has nothing whatsoever to do with the idiot response of Bachman .. who appears to have never picked up a history book in her life.

Obama lied in the SOTU. Ryan lied in his response. Bachman lied in her response. Color me shocked. Same old shit, different day.

Some of us are getting bored with the whole spin cycle. So we mock those who are dizzy.

Now that's on the money!
However I will say as a Minnesotan, Bachmann would never carry Minnesota in an election. She hugely popular within her district but statewide, she has a high statewide negative rating. Now Minnesota is looked upon as progressive but has shifted somewhat to the right. In the last election, the GOP gained control over both houses but then a Democrat was elected governor by defeating a far right GOP candidate. Call Minnesota Purple.

Who fact checked the President's lies? Or are you that naive that you still think he hasn't lied?

This partisan bullshit is laughable. Seriously. Outrage at Bachman's bullshit, while allowing the bullshit to slide from the Dems.... pur-leeeeze. :lol:

I didn't even mention Ryan's lies. Bachman is definately a liar and she repeats false talking points because she's too stupid to do any research for herself.

Obama KNOWS what he is talking about. He writes his own stuff THEN it's tweaked.

It's spelled 'definitely', Sarah.

Obama lied in his speech last night. And.... no, he does not write his own stuff.... he instructs his speech writer about content. His speech writer produces a draft, Obama tweaks it..... probably more than once.... and eventually it is what it is. But it's still lies.

I have no idea why some people think this guy is different from every other President. This obsession over him writing his own shit is laughable.... unless, he's managed to create 48 hour days.

I saw the speech. Nothing really jumped out at me as lies. This morning I did a search and found no site listing factual lies. Perhaps you could share your links that show the lying in the SOTU speech. I'm not a huge supporter of Obama..... But your statement I find outrageous. Not in that you don't like him..in that you claimed his speech was all lies.

Bachmann did make some pretty stupid statements recently in regards to the American history of immigrants and slavery. They were factually off the chart wrong. She really is an embarrassment.

The Bush administration did the exact same thing. The Bush economy was a disaster.
And the people that laid off so many were hailed as "heroes". Carly Fiorina laid off 30-50K Techs at HP and shipped those jobs overseas. This was after she trashed Lucent.

GE layed off 34,000 and shipped 24,000 jobs to India....and then

Obama recently tapped Connecticut’s General Electric CEO Jeffrey Immelt to chair the President’s Council on Jobs and Competitiveness to reduce the stubborn unemployment rate. :eusa_eh:

Actually the 5% unemployment rate after the recovery from the much smaller Recession of 2001 was a play with numbers.
The US Labor Participation Rate is much more accurate and actually shows not much of a drop during the recovery from the recession on 2001 job wise.

File:US Labor Participation Rate.gif - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
I didn't even mention Ryan's lies. Bachman is definately a liar and she repeats false talking points because she's too stupid to do any research for herself.

Obama KNOWS what he is talking about. He writes his own stuff THEN it's tweaked.

Obama lied in his speech last night. And.... no, he does not write his own stuff.... he instructs his speech writer about content. His speech writer produces a draft, Obama tweaks it..... probably more than once.... and eventually it is what it is. But it's still lies.

I have no idea why some people think this guy is different from every other President. This obsession over him writing his own shit is laughable.... unless, he's managed to create 48 hour days.

I saw the speech. Nothing really jumped out at me as lies. This morning I did a search and found no site listing factual lies. Perhaps you could share your links that show the lying in the SOTU speech. I'm not a huge supporter of Obama..... But your statement I find outrageous. Not in that you don't like him..in that you claimed his speech was all lies.

Bachmann did make some pretty stupid statements recently in regards to the American history of immigrants and slavery. They were factually off the chart wrong. She really is an embarrassment.

So are you saying that Michelle Bachman is the Cynthia McKinney of the right??

Yes it is, it highlighted Bachman's lies. Too bad her response wasn't aired on the networks and an analytical review wasn't offered but she's unfortunately considered a joke not to mention a diversionary attempt.

She did no harm to either the president nor Ryan.

Ryan talking about the accounting end of things sort of put people to sleep so no harm to the president there either.

The sotu was a successful speech except for maybe the plane crash analogy. I liked his comments on the repeal of healthcare by the morons in the house.

Not that Republicans won't get it all wrong and spin the fucking shit out of it, nonetheless..

Who fact checked the President's lies? Or are you that naive that you still think he hasn't lied?

This partisan bullshit is laughable. Seriously. Outrage at Bachman's bullshit, while allowing the bullshit to slide from the Dems.... pur-leeeeze. :lol:

What does obie wan know? I'm just curious.

Bachmann is correct. obie wan pissed away a trillion dollars and the unemployment spiked to 9.8. Higher in some areas. No lie there. None.

I've never read or heard or watched a C. McKinney speach. I don't follow the dems that closely. My focus is on the Christian Fundamentalists that have taken over my party. They have done great damage to the GOP...The dems not so much.

HaHaHa!

He isn't that different from Clinton but much different from the last 4 or so Republican presidents. More intelligent.

When you can back that claim up... with his college records.... let me know. Because, on the evidence in front of me.... he's no more or less intelligent than the rest of them. What is funny is that some people still buy that shit.

hey look cali is using the intelligence angle.....again....you know for someone who likes to use this angle over and over again.it really shows lack of thought.

It was Sarah that used the "intelligence angle."

Or didn't you see this?

He isn't that different from Clinton but much different from the last 4 or so Republican presidents. More intelligent.

Rick

Care to parse the lies you claim?

CG didn't learn her lesson from the last time she bashed one of my sources only to confess that the link in the OP was focking right.

You making up shit about me again, Fail&Won'tGo?

I don't even read your 'links'.... I don't read partisan spin shit from the HuffPuff, nor am I the slightest bit interested in the lies by Media Matters.... and since your OP links to yet another lefty whine source, I'm not gonna take it seriously either.

PoliticalCorrection.org..... a project of Media Matters. This is the OP's idea of a fact check source. And he wonders why I mock him.

You mocking him has nothing whatsoever to do with the idiot response of Bachman .. who appears to have never picked up a history book in her life.

Obama lied in the SOTU. Ryan lied in his response. Bachman lied in her response. Color me shocked. Same old shit, different day.

Some of us are getting bored with the whole spin cycle. So we mock those who are dizzy.

Don't you think politicians who wield power and influence who are dizzy deserve to be mocked?
Bachman's inability to grasp Basic U.S. History 101 & 102 is stunning, to say the least.

HaHaHa!

When you can back that claim up... with his college records.... let me know. Because, on the evidence in front of me.... he's no more or less intelligent than the rest of them. What is funny is that some people still buy that shit.

hey look cali is using the intelligence angle.....again....you know for someone who likes to use this angle over and over again.it really shows lack of thought.

Hey! Look! A stupid person! This one can't read a few sentences to work out who mentioned Obama's supposed 'intellect'.

Must really suck to be you. Covering your own lack of intellect by lying about other peoples... when the whole fucking board can see exactly who mentioned intellect.... is the mistake of the terminally stupid.

You are dismissed.

Don't you think politicians who wield power and influence who are dizzy deserve to be mocked?
Bachman's inability to grasp Basic U.S. History 101 & 102 is stunning, to say the least.

Is Bachman the President? No. Has she announced that she's running in '12? No. Is she my Senator? No. (Although - I would actually prefer her to the twin bitches I'm stuck with).

I have no interest in Bachman until I have a reason to be interested.

It was Sarah that used the "intelligence angle."

Or didn't you see this?

Rick
i stand by what i said.

Then you've got major reading comprehension problems, but it's your choice to go through life being an idiot.

Rick

Actually, if Nancy Pelosi got a total makeover as a tea partier, she would BE Michelle Bachman.

Forum List

Back