Fact Checking Rep. Bachmann's "Tea Party Response" To The State Of The Union

The president could agree to an energy policy that increases American energy production and reduces our dependence on foreign oil.

Now that's some balls. Bravo for her.

Who gave the Republican response? Paul Ryan of Wisconsin. The land of lakes and cow teats.
Not ONCE did he mention oil or energy.

PoliticalCorrection.org..... a project of Media Matters. This is the OP's idea of a fact check source. And he wonders why I mock him.

Yes it is, it highlighted Bachman's lies. Too bad her response wasn't aired on the networks and an analytical review wasn't offered but she's unfortunately considered a joke not to mention a diversionary attempt.

She did no harm to either the president nor Ryan.

Ryan talking about the accounting end of things sort of put people to sleep so no harm to the president there either.

The sotu was a successful speech except for maybe the plane crash analogy. I liked his comments on the repeal of healthcare by the morons in the house.

Not that Republicans won't get it all wrong and spin the fucking shit out of it, nonetheless..

The bipartisan Fiscal Commission I created last year made this crystal clear. I don’t agree with all their proposals, but they made important progress. And their conclusion is that the only way to tackle our deficit is to cut excessive spending wherever we find it – in domestic spending, defense spending, health care spending, and spending through tax breaks and loopholes.

This means further reducing health care costs, including programs like Medicare and Medicaid, which are the single biggest contributor to our long-term deficit. Health insurance reform will slow these rising costs, which is part of why nonpartisan economists have said that repealing the health care law would add a quarter of a trillion dollars to our deficit. Still, I’m willing to look at other ideas to bring down costs, including one that Republicans suggested last year: medical malpractice reform to rein in frivolous lawsuits.

PoliticalCorrection.org..... a project of Media Matters. This is the OP's idea of a fact check source. And he wonders why I mock him.

Yes it is, it highlighted Bachman's lies. Too bad her response wasn't aired on the networks and an analytical review wasn't offered but she's unfortunately considered a joke not to mention a diversionary attempt.

Ryan talking about the accounting end of things sort of put people to sleep so no harm to the president there either.

The sotu was a successful speech except for maybe the plane crash analogy. I liked his comments on the repeal of healthcare by the morons in the house.

Not that Republicans won't get it all wrong and spin the fucking shit out of it, nonetheless..

The bipartisan Fiscal Commission I created last year made this crystal clear. I don’t agree with all their proposals, but they made important progress. And their conclusion is that the only way to tackle our deficit is to cut excessive spending wherever we find it – in domestic spending, defense spending, health care spending, and spending through tax breaks and loopholes.

This means further reducing health care costs, including programs like Medicare and Medicaid, which are the single biggest contributor to our long-term deficit. Health insurance reform will slow these rising costs, which is part of why nonpartisan economists have said that repealing the health care law would add a quarter of a trillion dollars to our deficit. Still, I’m willing to look at other ideas to bring down costs, including one that Republicans suggested last year: medical malpractice reform to rein in frivolous lawsuits.

Who fact checked the President's lies? Or are you that naive that you still think he hasn't lied?

This partisan bullshit is laughable. Seriously. Outrage at Bachman's bullshit, while allowing the bullshit to slide from the Dems.... pur-leeeeze. :lol:

So, I've hunted around on this political bitchfest site and.... color me shocked... the only lies are from the right!

It's no wonder so many on the left are thick as shit. No one 'splains stuff to 'em,

The only thing that changed since the Stimulus became law is the way they count the unemployed. They even announced this fact when it changed, so the numbers reported are not accurate. It's gotten so bad that when new job losses dips below half a million the Obama Administration throws a party.

They don't count the actual unemployed, only those who are currently collecting unemployment. Those that lose their benefits go off the total. The actual unemployment rate is currently over 20 percent. Many of my renters have lost their jobs. In some states there has been massive increases in unemployment. Many illegal immigrants have returned to their country of origin, if they are able to, because there's no work here anymore.

Who fact checked the President's lies? Or are you that naive that you still think he hasn't lied?

This partisan bullshit is laughable. Seriously. Outrage at Bachman's bullshit, while allowing the bullshit to slide from the Dems.... pur-leeeeze. :lol:

I didn't even mention Ryan's lies. Bachman is definately a liar and she repeats false talking points because she's too stupid to do any research for herself.

Obama KNOWS what he is talking about. He writes his own stuff THEN it's tweaked.

The only thing that changed since the Stimulus became law is the way they count the unemployed. They even announced this fact when it changed, so the numbers reported are not accurate. It's gotten so bad that when new job losses dips below half a million the Obama Administration throws a party.

They don't count the actual unemployed, only those who are currently collecting unemployment. Those that lose their benefits go off the total. The actual unemployment rate is currently over 20 percent. Many of my renters have lost their jobs. In some states there has been massive increases in unemployment. Many illegal immigrants have returned to their country of origin, if they are able to, because there's no work here anymore.

:disagree:
I think someone needs to fact check you, skinflute.

I didn't even mention Ryan's lies. Bachman is definately a liar and she repeats false talking points because she's too stupid to do any research for herself.

Obama KNOWS what he is talking about. He writes his own stuff THEN it's tweaked.

It's spelled 'definitely', Sarah.

Obama lied in his speech last night. And.... no, he does not write his own stuff.... he instructs his speech writer about content. His speech writer produces a draft, Obama tweaks it..... probably more than once.... and eventually it is what it is. But it's still lies.

I have no idea why some people think this guy is different from every other President. This obsession over him writing his own shit is laughable.... unless, he's managed to create 48 hour days.

The president could agree to an energy policy that increases American energy production and reduces our dependence on foreign oil.

Now that's some balls. Bravo for her.
WHEW!!!!

Talk-about biting the hand that FEED$ you!!!!

:eek:

political-pictures-michele-bachmann-crazy.jpg

Last edited:

Obama lied in his speech last night. And.... no, he does not write his own stuff.... he instructs his speech writer about content. His speech writer produces a draft, Obama tweaks it..... probably more than once.... and eventually it is what it is. But it's still lies.

I have no idea why some people think this guy is different from every other President. This obsession over him writing his own shit is laughable.... unless, he's managed to create 48 hour days.

HaHaHa!

He isn't that different from Clinton but much different from the last 4 or so Republican presidents. More intelligent.

You mocking him has nothing whatsoever to do with the idiot response of Bachman .. who appears to have never picked up a history book in her life.

You mocking him has nothing whatsoever to do with the idiot response of Bachman .. who appears to have never picked up a history book in her life.

Obama lied in the SOTU. Ryan lied in his response. Bachman lied in her response. Color me shocked. Same old shit, different day.

Some of us are getting bored with the whole spin cycle. So we mock those who are dizzy.

Care to parse the lies you claim?

HaHaHa!

He isn't that different from Clinton but much different from the last 4 or so Republican presidents. More intelligent.

When you can back that claim up... with his college records.... let me know. Because, on the evidence in front of me.... he's no more or less intelligent than the rest of them. What is funny is that some people still buy that shit.

Forum List

Back