CDZ Fact-checking President Trump’s CPAC speech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Donald needs a better speech writer. By using alternative facts (tm) when they are not needed he loses credibilty.

A couple of the claims in the link were nitpicky though they do highlight Donald's loose use of the language for dramatic effect.

President Trump’s speech to the Conservative Political Action Conference at National Harbor in Maryland was littered with some of the president’s favorite and frequently cited falsehoods. Here’s a roundup of 13 of his more dubious claims, listed in the order in which he made them:

Analysis | Fact-checking President Trump’s CPAC speech
A rather nit picky version of a fact checking function.

This too is fake news.

President Trump’s speech to the Conservative Political Action Conference at National Harbor in Maryland was littered with some of the president’s favorite and frequently cited falsehoods. Here’s a roundup of 13 of his more dubious claims, listed in the order in which he made them:

Analysis | Fact-checking President Trump’s CPAC speech
A rather nit picky version of a fact checking function.

This too is fake news.

man, a disagree button would save some words.

I say it is not fake news unless you say the news source is lying. Is that what you are saying? (I don't think they are lying or even wrong, just being nit picky in a couple of the cases)

It could be called slow day news or trivia. Fake news is something I just make up and start a rumor about on my personal news website.

Man, a substance button would save a lot of wasted time reading these posts.

You guys must be getting desperate...

No, the meaning of words and phrases are important if we use them to communicate.

Fake news while being a new term implies a lie or untruth. Fake is not real.

If that article is factually wrong then it can fall into that category.

IF the article is petty, not worth reading, or nit picky on some levels as I said, it is them things.

We have all these words, may as well use them.

My choice of words is not always the best. Maybe this has become a thing with me because of my time on my plant forums. The words "weedy" & "invasive" are carelessly interchanged there.

Man, a substance button would save a lot of wasted time reading these posts.

You guys must be getting desperate...

No, the meaning of words and phrases are important if we use them to communicate.

Fake news while being a new term implies a lie or untruth. Fake is not real.

If that article is factually wrong then it can fall into that category.

IF the article is petty, not worth reading, or nit picky on some levels as I said, it is them things.

We have all these words, may as well use them.

My choice of words is not always the best. Maybe this has become a thing with me because of my time on my plant forums. The words "weedy" & "invasive" are carelessly interchanged there.

Sticks and stones...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back