Fact check: Trump's wild letter to Pelosi is filled with false and misleading claims

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
In the interest of fairness...and in anticipation of the sh!t-storm this will cause...Here is the rest of the countries take on trump's letter to Pelosi..yes, I know it's CNN..shall we take it as a given that none of the faithful will actually comment on the contents..but rather just attack the source? CNN is as partisan as Fox..so I pay little attention to either...

I did find some of the issues cogent...

Fact check: Trump's wild anti-impeachment letter to Pelosi is filled with false and misleading claims - CNNPolitics

On Tuesday afternoon, Trump released a six-page letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in which -- employing his distinctive vocabulary and punctuation -- he blasted Democrats' push to impeach him, defended his dealings with Ukraine and touted his accomplishments in office.
Like much of his previous rhetoric about Ukraine and impeachment, much of the letter was false or misleading.
Trump repeated multiple false claims that have been debunked on numerous occasions. He also delivered some new claims that were false, misleading or lacking in context.

My favorites:

"Trump claimed "a colossal reduction in illegal border crossings."
Facts First: While there has been a reduction since May, it is only a reduction from the high point of the Trump era; the total number of people apprehended at the southwest border, a proxy measure for the number of actual crossings, has been higher under Trump than it was in the late Obama era.
Trump boasted of the US "becoming the world's top energy producer."
Facts First: The US became the world's top energy producer in 2012, according to the government's Energy Information Administration -- under Obama, whom Trump has repeatedly accused of perpetrating a "war on American energy."

Trump claimed "a completely reformed VA with Choice and Accountability for our great veterans."
Facts First: The Veterans Choice program was signed into law by Obama in 2014. Trump signed a law in 2018 to expand and modify the Choice program, the VA MISSION Act, but he did not create Choice.
Trump touted "the building of the Southern Border Wall."
Facts First: As of December 6, the date of the latest official update from Customs and Border Protection, no miles of border wall had been constructed where barriers did not previously exist. (Construction had started on some new barriers, the government said.) Trump has argued that the replacement of old barriers with newer barriers should count as the building of his wall; as of December 6, 90 miles of replacement barriers had been erected."

In the interest of fairness...and in anticipation of the sh!t-storm this will cause...Here is the rest of the countries take on trump's letter to Pelosi..yes, I know it's CNN..shall we take it as a given that none of the faithful will actually comment on the contents..but rather just attack the source? CNN is as partisan as Fox..so I pay little attention to either...

Fact check: Trump's wild anti-impeachment letter to Pelosi is filled with false and misleading claims - CNNPolitics

On Tuesday afternoon, Trump released a six-page letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in which -- employing his distinctive vocabulary and punctuation -- he blasted Democrats' push to impeach him, defended his dealings with Ukraine and touted his accomplishments in office.
Like much of his previous rhetoric about Ukraine and impeachment, much of the letter was false or misleading.
Trump repeated multiple false claims that have been debunked on numerous occasions. He also delivered some new claims that were false, misleading or lacking in context.

My favorites:

Facts First: While there has been a reduction since May, it is only a reduction from the high point of the Trump era; the total number of people apprehended at the southwest border, a proxy measure for the number of actual crossings, has been higher under Trump than it was in the late Obama era.
Facts First: The US became the world's top energy producer in 2012, according to the government's Energy Information Administration -- under Obama, whom Trump has repeatedly accused of perpetrating a "war on American energy."

Trump claimed "a completely reformed VA with Choice and Accountability for our great veterans."
Facts First: The Veterans Choice program was signed into law by Obama in 2014. Trump signed a law in 2018 to expand and modify the Choice program, the VA MISSION Act, but he did not create Choice.
Facts First: As of December 6, the date of the latest official update from Customs and Border Protection, no miles of border wall had been constructed where barriers did not previously exist. (Construction had started on some new barriers, the government said.) Trump has argued that the replacement of old barriers with newer barriers should count as the building of his wall; as of December 6, 90 miles of replacement barriers had been erected."
Informative, but I didn't need CNN to the me the letter was full.of lies. That's pretty much just a given.

My favorites:

Did you mention that he did not write it and rather Stephen Miller did? Miller is the whisperer in his ears, beware. Trump has no critical thinking and his whole life depended on someone actually telling him what to do. Mommies little man.

My favorites:

Informative, but I didn't need CNN to the me the letter was full.of lies. That's pretty much just a given.
On the radio this a.m. as I drove to work, I heard the phrase including the word "egregious," and I knew Trump's lawyers wrote it.

My favorites:

I’ll take the wall

The Border Patrol has known for a long time where a wall was needed

So inadequate fencing was already there

The trump wall replace that barrior with something much better

Pelosi probably felt sorry and sad for him and that is why she prayed for him. She is probably praying for him a lot more.

Fact check:
Really? I would say: fake check.

I know for a fact the choice program was not created by trump and most veterans do. So why does a Russian or an ex pat post from Russia on a United States Message Board?
If you can't argue with the post attack the poster. Typical liberal/loser's tactics.

According to the crying national network? It’s funny that only the favorite president (democrats) can do whatever they want. But, the duality elected president does it then he is doing something wrong! This country is being to be a one political party system and I fear that! George Washington wasn’t a lawyer either!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Weeks after the rough transcript of the July 25 call with the Ukrainian president was released, Trump began claiming that when he said “do us a favor” in the call, the word “us” referred to the United States, not himself, the administration or his campaign. This is an ex post facto explanation that strains credulity. He repeatedly requested that Ukrainian officials meet with his personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani.

Fact-checking President Trump’s impeachment letter to Pelosi

Trump suggests that Biden said his successful efforts to oust the prosecutor looked bad. Trump is mischaracterizing an interview with NPR, in which Biden is quoting his son talking about being on Burisma’s board.

“The matter is, my son testified and did an interview saying if he, looking back on it, made a mistake, he made a mistake although he did nothing wrong,” Biden said. “The appearance looked bad and it gave folks like Rudy Giuliani an excuse to come up with a Trumpian kind of defense, why they were violating the Constitution. His, his words speak for themselves.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...g-president-trumps-impeachment-letter-pelosi/

Trump’s “nothing wrong” language echoes misleading tweets he made about an interview that Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky had with Time magazine. Nowhere in the interview did Zelensky say that his American counterpart did “nothing wrong.” In fact, he criticized Trump’s comments about corruption in Ukraine and his decision to suspend military aid to Kyiv.

Zelensky also questioned Trump’s decision to freeze military aid, casting it as a matter of “fairness.” Here are Zelensky’s full comments on a potential quid pro quo: “I never talked to the President from the position of a quid pro quo. That’s not my thing. … I don’t want us to look like beggars. But you have to understand. We’re at war. If you’re our strategic partner, then you can’t go blocking anything for us. I think that’s just about fairness. It’s not about a quid pro quo. It just goes without saying.”

Now did any of us think that the lying, fake news propagandist would actually stick up for this president....He simply BLEW THEIR REMAINING BRAINS CELLS, all over the place....and our commie crowd affirms that FACT!.... ROTFLMFAO

Forum List

Back