FACT CHECK: Senate did favor Libya no-fly zone

60 days.

Jesus fucking Christ, everyone on this board loves to play the legal expert. The War Powers Resolution gives the President 60 days. All he had to do was send a letter, which he did.

The missiles were fired on Friday.

The letter was sent on Monday.

He has to send the letter withing 48 hours.

He did not do that.

Jesus fucking Christ, that's what you're going with?

That's your charge? Obama is fighting an illegal war because he sent the letter a day late?

If he broke the law he broke the law. Or do you think he is exempt from following it?

The point is that Obama did it, not what he did.

The problem is that people were so quick to throw rocks at George Bush even though he got full congressional approval for both wars. And now, because it's the almighty Obama, it's really not a big deal to anyone. So the point is that Obama is getting a pass from the same people that bashed Bush...who obviously went through the correct channels.

The point is that Obama did it, not what he did.

The problem is that people were so quick to throw rocks at George Bush even though he got full congressional approval for both wars. And now, because it's the almighty Obama, it's really not a big deal to anyone. So the point is that Obama is getting a pass from the same people that bashed Bush...who obviously went through the correct channels.

Obama is not getting a pass from me.
Iraq was very wrong, but so far Libya is nothing like invading and overthrowing a govt.
I do not think we should be involved in Libya though.
ON afganistan I think maybe 6 months at most just kicking AQ's ass and then left with the warning, you mess with us again and we will be back.

I am very libertarian as far as the US's use of military force in other countries goes.

the main thing on Iraq is that it was a premeptive invasion and overthrow of a country based on what we thought they might do, which virtually all was proven to be false.

I view this presidency as a 3rd Bush term for the most part.
Just as sucky.

btw I must have missed the congressional approval to over throw the Iraqi govt and form a new one there.

Last edited:

Apr 1, 5:13 PM (ET)

By DONNA CASSATA

WASHINGTON (AP) - Some lawmakers are grousing loudly that President Barack Obama sent the nation's military to Libya without Congress' blessing. They're ignoring a key fact: The Senate a month ago voted to support imposing a no-fly zone to protect civilians from attacks by Col. Moammar Gadhafi's forces.

With no objections, the Senate on March 1 backed a resolution strongly condemning "the gross and systematic violations of human rights in Libya" and urging the U.N. Security Council to take action, "including the possible imposition of a no-fly zone over Libyan territory."

There was no recorded vote. It was simply approved by unanimous consent.

My Way News - FACT CHECK: Senate did favor Libya no-fly zone

by unanamous consent?

LMAO just LMAO.

But the Dems did it first! Waah!

So the Constitution was violated and Obama should be impeached. What else is new?

By DONNA CASSATA

WASHINGTON (AP) - Some lawmakers are grousing loudly that President Barack Obama sent the nation's military to Libya without Congress' blessing. They're ignoring a key fact: The Senate a month ago voted to support imposing a no-fly zone to protect civilians from attacks by Col. Moammar Gadhafi's forces.

With no objections, the Senate on March 1 backed a resolution strongly condemning "the gross and systematic violations of human rights in Libya" and urging the U.N. Security Council to take action, "including the possible imposition of a no-fly zone over Libyan territory."

by unanamous consent?

LMAO just LMAO.

So the Constitution was violated and Obama should be impeached. What else is new?

He lied about consentual sex with an adult?

On Iraq, yes Obama should be taken to task over it and if he did violate the constitution he should be impeached.
Just like Bush and Reagan as well.
Dealing arms with an avowed ememy of the USA is treason in my book.

By DONNA CASSATA

by unanamous consent?

LMAO just LMAO.

On Iraq, yes Obama should be taken to task over it and if he did violate the constitution he should be impeached.

Deflection. We are talking about Obama violating the Constitution. Period. End of story.

Deflection. We are talking about Obama violating the Constitution. Period. End of story.

Yeah, if you're arguing the Constitutionality of the War Powers Resolution, that's a different issue.

But according to current accepted law (the WPR), Obama has done nothing illegal.

Speaking of facts..........

In these troubled times comrades, we should turn our attention to the words of Cindy Sheehan.

The BAD NEWS she is going after our most great leader, Papa Obama:

Obama is “a person of color with an Islamic name who sold his soul many years ago–to fulfill the neocon agenda of planetary dominance”

Could McCain be getting away with bombing North Africa? Or does that take an African-American to give political cover to the war jackals?

I am sure it is only a matter of a few days before the MSM is all over this ...
:eusa_whistle:

missingsheehan-i1771.jpg

The GOOD NEWS, the MSM and we on the Left can still try to blame Bush...

I guess now would be a good time for the MSM to "discover" those family photos of Cindy kissing Bush and start to show them
:eusa_angel:

Last edited:
He went to the UN only. And in the mind of a Leftist Internationalist,that's all that matters. To Hell with the American People and the U.S. Congress. They're just little people who don't matter. The Left/Internationalists really don't see why people are so upset. In their minds,the UN takes precedent over the U.S. Constitution. That is what they truly believe in. They just don't get why the little people in the U.S. are so upset over these Libyan Bombings. The UN did say it was ok right? So it's...BOMBS AWAY!!

It's just like in Ivory Coast where the UN backed opposition is turning out to be as brutal if not more-so than the regime the UN wants out. So just because the UN wants to bomb,it doesn't mean we have to do it. We are a sovereign nation with our own Constitution. These things must be decided by the American People first. It doesn't matter whether or not the UN supports something. Our Constitution takes precedent over the UN. This War was handled very badly and possibly illegally. Congress should step in and demand answers. They must re-assert our Constitution's authority. I really do hope this happens.

Last edited:
Presidents have only acted without prior express military authorization from Congress on 125 occasions before Obama.

of course 2 wrongs don't make a right... and neither does 125.

Of course if you actually read the constitution, all it says is congress is the only one who can "declare war" it then goes on to say the President is the head of the military and he is tasked with defending the United States and our Interests.

Like I said, I for one am one conservative that does not fault Obama for his actions in Libya, other than to point out his RAGING hippocracy. Considering how he slammed Bush repeatedly for "an illegal war" I do find it rather ironic that he then commits US troops to battle with Nothing from Congress. At least Bush had a resolution to point to.

Forum List

Back