FACT CHECK: Premiums would rise under Obama plan

Of course cost will go up. YOu can't add millions to anything without costs going up. Common sense which the Dems don't seem to have any of. Jeeze.

Of course cost will go up. YOu can't add millions to anything without costs going up. Common sense which the Dems don't seem to have any of. Jeeze.

Increase in numbers insured will not cause PREMIUMS to go up.

However, eliminating pre-exisitng conditions will dramatically raise premiums.

All it takes is basic knowledge of risk management to understand this. If you increase the likelihood of having to pay out for the insured, the cost to insure will increase.

Not rocket science. Obama simply believes the American People are just too naive to understand this concept.

increase in numbers insured will not cause premiums to go up.

however, eliminating pre-exisitng conditions will dramatically raise premiums.

all it takes is basic knowledge of risk management to understand this. If you increase the likelihood of having to pay out for the insured, the cost to insure will increase.

Not rocket science. Obama simply believes the american people are just too naive to understand this concept.

$pre_exisiting_condition.jpg

increase in numbers insured will not cause premiums to go up.

however, eliminating pre-exisitng conditions will dramatically raise premiums.

all it takes is basic knowledge of risk management to understand this. If you increase the likelihood of having to pay out for the insured, the cost to insure will increase.

Not rocket science. Obama simply believes the american people are just too naive to understand this concept.

View attachment 9749

I did not say we should not elimionate pre-existing condition clauses. I simply said that doing so would dramatically increase premiums...and it would do Obama and the democrats well to admit it

If you require insurers to cover those with pre-existing conditions, while allowing them to charge a certain amount more for that higher risk, then of course premiums go up on average because you're now averaging in risk premiums that didn't exist before.

If you require insurers to cover those with pre-existing conditions, while allowing them to charge a certain amount more for that higher risk, then of course premiums go up on average because you're now averaging in risk premiums that didn't exist before.

So then you agree, when applying risk management, which is the basis for determining premiums in the insurance industry, premiums will rise...

So please explain how it is that Obama is out there saying that premiums will decrease?

What is he basing that on?

I know libs, I know... Obama said they would go down so they will magically go down just because he said so.... :cuckoo:

The Associated Press: FACT CHECK: Premiums would rise under Obama plan

But, but, but, Obama told me that my premiums would go down, and not only did he tell me that, but he told me they'd go down my 3000%. I'll be sitting here waiting for my refund check on my insurance premiums.

Rick

heh .. heh
My co-worker and I were just talking about this.

I think he should stop putting so much energy and thought into being the great orator he ( and much of the country ) once thought he was.

So then you agree, when applying risk management, which is the basis for determining premiums in the insurance industry, premiums will rise...

So please explain how it is that Obama is out there saying that premiums will decrease?

What is he basing that on?
My theory is that he's basing it on the fact that he needs more support for this bill.

From the AP article above:

"Obama asked his audience for a show of hands from people with employer-provided coverage, what most Americans have.

"Your employer, it's estimated, would see premiums fall by as much as 3,000 percent," said the president, "which means they could give you a raise."

A White House press spokesman later said the president misspoke; he had meant to say annual premiums would drop by $3,000."

and who said that in what context?:

"
A report for the Business Roundtable, an association of big company CEOs, was the source for the claim that employers could save $3,000 per worker on health care costs, the White House said.

Issued in November, the report looked generally at proposals that Democrats were considering to curb health care costs, concluding they had the potential to significantly reduce future increases.

But the analysis didn't consider specific legislation, much less the final language being tweaked this week."

President Misinformation Obama needs to issue an apology and throw in the towel on this bill.

I know libs, I know... Obama said they would go down so they will magically go down just because he said so.... :cuckoo:

The Associated Press: FACT CHECK: Premiums would rise under Obama plan

But, but, but, Obama told me that my premiums would go down, and not only did he tell me that, but he told me they'd go down my 3000%. I'll be sitting here waiting for my refund check on my insurance premiums.

Rick

heh .. heh
My co-worker and I were just talking about this.

I think he should stop putting so much energy and thought into being the great orator he ( and much of the country ) once thought he was.

My question is...

Did he mean 300%, 30% or 3%...becuase I still dont see any of those numbers possible.

Yea this is the saddest part of this Dem debacle. Their Boondoggle will not lower Health Care costs it will instead actually increase costs. They really should scrap this thing and get back o the drawing board.

Forum List

Back