FACT CHECK: Palin's Book Goes Rogue on Some Facts

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
Palin goes adrift, at times, on more contemporary issues, too. She criticizes President Barack Obama for pushing through a bailout package that actually was achieved by his Republican predecessor George W. Bush -- a package she seemed to support at the time.

(left out mal)

PALIN: Says she made frugality a point when traveling on state business as Alaska governor, asking ''only'' for reasonably priced rooms and not ''often'' going for the ''high-end, robe-and-slippers'' hotels.

THE FACTS: Although travel records indicate she usually opted for less-pricey hotels while governor, Palin and daughter Bristol stayed five days and four nights at the $707.29-per-night Essex House luxury hotel (robes and slippers come standard) overlooking New York City's Central Park for a five-hour women's leadership conference in October 2007. With air fare, the cost to Alaska was well over $3,000. Event organizers said Palin asked if she could bring her daughter. The governor billed her state more than $20,000 for her children's travel, including to events where they had not been invited, and in some cases later amended expense reports to specify that they had been on official business.

PALIN: Boasts that she ran her campaign for governor on small donations, mostly from first-time givers, and turned back large checks from big donors if her campaign perceived a conflict of interest.

THE FACTS: Of the roughly $1.3 million she raised for her primary and general election campaigns for governor, more than half came from people and political action committees giving at least $500, according to an AP analysis of her campaign finance reports. The maximum that individual donors could give was $1,000; $2,000 for a PAC.

Of the rest, about $76,000 came from Republican Party committees.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2009/11/13/us/politics/AP-US-Palin-Book-Fact-Check.html

zombies-1.jpg

Palinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story Sarah!

Palin goes adrift, at times, on more contemporary issues, too. She criticizes President Barack Obama for pushing through a bailout package that actually was achieved by his Republican predecessor George W. Bush -- a package she seemed to support at the time.

(left out mal)

PALIN: Says she made frugality a point when traveling on state business as Alaska governor, asking ''only'' for reasonably priced rooms and not ''often'' going for the ''high-end, robe-and-slippers'' hotels.

THE FACTS: Although travel records indicate she usually opted for less-pricey hotels while governor, Palin and daughter Bristol stayed five days and four nights at the $707.29-per-night Essex House luxury hotel (robes and slippers come standard) overlooking New York City's Central Park for a five-hour women's leadership conference in October 2007. With air fare, the cost to Alaska was well over $3,000. Event organizers said Palin asked if she could bring her daughter. The governor billed her state more than $20,000 for her children's travel, including to events where they had not been invited, and in some cases later amended expense reports to specify that they had been on official business.

PALIN: Boasts that she ran her campaign for governor on small donations, mostly from first-time givers, and turned back large checks from big donors if her campaign perceived a conflict of interest.

THE FACTS: Of the roughly $1.3 million she raised for her primary and general election campaigns for governor, more than half came from people and political action committees giving at least $500, according to an AP analysis of her campaign finance reports. The maximum that individual donors could give was $1,000; $2,000 for a PAC.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2009/11/13/us/politics/AP-US-Palin-Book-Fact-Check.html

The facts are out. PDS is toxic.

Just another helpful public service announcement because, damnit, conservatives CARE about the mental imbalances of our liberoidals.

Now bones, don't be like that. You know Mrs. Palin represents America (well, certain parts at least).
This is her fan base, and they are the TRUE AMERICANS!

10-24_Jack__Bernie.jpg

(left out mal)

Just another helpful public service announcement because, damnit, conservatives CARE about the mental imbalances of our liberoidals.

Do you have anything useful to say that would in any way counter the facts stated in the article or are you just trolling again?

As governor, didn't she cut funding for state housing for unwed mothers?

(left out mal)

Do you have anything useful to say that would in any way counter the facts stated in the article or are you just trolling again?

I think it's just adorable that you believe that there are any "facts" related in the "article" that warrant any kind of "useful" discussion.

Have you always been this much of a douche, or did you graduate from Massengil U?

Last edited:
All kidding aside, as a Republican this is a question I have long wanted answered on a reasonable level. What other than her appeal on a personal level to a segement of average voters do people believe quailfies her to hold high office? If not, what then would be her best track for seeking that office and do people think she is conducting herself in a manner that could unite a large number of people to support her? I have my own opinion, and at the moment my feeling is that while she has a home spun appeal to a segment of voters, she has little in the way of actual experience on the national stage on order to qualify her for seeking office. While I think she is an intelligent woman when it comes to matters of energy in Alaska , I do believe that she needs to seek a professional management company that can groom her for the national stage if that is her intention. I have not read her book, so cannot comment on it's contents. and will leave that to others.

All kidding aside, as a Republican this is a question I have long wanted answered on a reasonable level. What other than her appeal on a personal level to a segement of average voters do people believe quailfies her to hold high office? If not, what then would be her best track for seeking that office and do people think she is conducting herself in a manner that could unite a large number of people to support her? I have my own opinion, and at the moment my feeling is that while she has a home spun appeal to a segment of voters, she has little in the way of actual experience on the national stage on order to qualify her for seeking office. While I think she is an intelligent woman when it comes to matters of energy in Alaska , I do believe that she needs to seek a professional management company that can groom her for the national stage if that is her intention. I have not read her book, so cannot comment on it's contents. and will leave that to others.

Very good post, and you make good points.

Think about it, in this day and age of media frenzies and reality shows, Americans want what's accessible and easy. This has been brought up a thousand times, but is she was ugly NO WAY would any of this adoration for her be going on. Style over substance is what Americans want, or think they want, since many have been brainwashed by beauty first, brains second.

I'm not saying she's not smart, but in no way, shape or form is she ready for any kind of political big stage. She should stick to the book tour circuit, then do a talk show or host Fox News, and I'm not being mean saying that, I really think she would be great doing that. It would fit her to a "T."

(left out mal)

You should worry about our rogue White House!

Mike

Forum List

Back