facist law forces mom to give birth just to watch the child die 15 minutes later

blu

Sep 21, 2009
Neb. mom carried non-viable pregnancy due to law | The Associated Press | Nation | San Francisco Examiner

Danielle Deaver was about 22 weeks into her pregnancy when doctors told her she wouldn't be able to carry to term and her child would die soon after birth. Then to her surprise, she learned doctors couldn't end her non-viable pregnancy because of a new Nebraska law barring late-term abortions.

so instead of being able to painlessly end her pregnancy (that she and her doctor wanted, but couldn't) she had to wait around to birth the baby knowing that it was going to die.

another "win" for the fascist social conservatives who want to rule and ruin everyone elses lives

Neb. mom carried non-viable pregnancy due to law | The Associated Press | Nation | San Francisco Examiner

Danielle Deaver was about 22 weeks into her pregnancy when doctors told her she wouldn't be able to carry to term and her child would die soon after birth. Then to her surprise, she learned doctors couldn't end her non-viable pregnancy because of a new Nebraska law barring late-term abortions.

so instead of being able to painlessly end her pregnancy (that she and her doctor wanted, but couldn't) she had to wait around to birth the baby knowing that it was going to die.

another "win" for the fascist social conservatives who want to rule and ruin everyone elses lives

I'm sure they are high-fiving each other right now.

I'm sure they are high-fiving each other right now.

Of course. Stay out of the rich people's lives. But a women's womb and gay people's bedroom, they want complete government control. So much for smaller government. :(

There coulda been a "miracle". Besides, who listens to "doctors"? Too much education.

The story gives no indication of a scientific diagnosis that could identify a medical problem that would cause a baby to die within 15 minutes of birth. They operate on babies in the womb these days. They could perform a Cesarian at 22 weeks. I smell a big fat liberal rat in this story.

Non viable pregnancies end in miscarriage.This child was born and there is no indication they didn't do everything in their power to save the child.

She wanted the child and didn't want an abortion, her words, '"It wasn't an abortion "We wanted this baby."

Sounds like pro death liberals manipulating the facts.

Non viable pregnancies end in miscarriage.This child was born and there is no indication they didn't do everything in their power to save the child.

She wanted the child and didn't want an abortion, her words, '"It wasn't an abortion "We wanted this baby."

Sounds like pro death liberals manipulating the facts.

Then I clearly need to retract my previous statement.

Selfish liberals.

This is simply wrong. She should not have had to go through this ordeal. More proof that conservatives lie when they say they believe in limited government.

Don't you get the feeling that lots of information is deliberately left out of the story in order to make a political point? They can operate on babies in the womb these days. Why would doctors refuse to correct an abnormality that they say would cause a baby to die 15 minutes after birth? What abnormality? What about a C-section?

If I read the article correctly, the woman gave birth at just under 24 weeks. Not surprising that the baby didn't survive. The article doesn't say what caused her to go into labor 10 days after being told that she wouldn't be able to carry to term.

How does the law in question have anything to do with establishment of the state being the supreme accomplishment Humanity can accomplish?

If I read the article correctly, the woman gave birth at just under 24 weeks. Not surprising that the baby didn't survive. The article doesn't say what caused her to go into labor 10 days after being told that she wouldn't be able to carry to term.

I don't know if they changed the law but when Barry was a state senator he called on all of his Harvard legal skills to make sure Chacago's replacement for late term abortion remained "legal". A nurse whistleblower exposed the despicable procedure of intentionally causing premature delivery and leaving the baby to die on a cold table without medical care or so much as a blanket to comfort it's last hours of life after a janitor handed her a live baby he found in a garbage can.

What happened was totally wrong. The law needs to have exemptions built in to allow for medical needs.

The simple solutions in my opinion would have been to Cesarean sections it out.

What happened was totally wrong. The law needs to have exemptions built in to allow for medical needs.

The simple solutions in my opinion would have been to Cesarean sections it out.

It seems that the law was correct. The "medical needs" were bogus. Reasonable people should understand that the whole story is not quite right. How could a medical team determine that an infant would die shortly after birth or did they make that determination after the fact? Why wasn't any effort made to correct the alleged medical problem? I'm no medical expert but any reasonable person would agree that there was no compelling reason for a late term abortion in this case.

Forum List

Back