Facility to gather, share border info

Angelhair

Aug 22, 2009
A new facility designed to ease information-sharing between border law enforcement agencies in Arizona has been unveiled by U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

The $16 million Intelligence and Operations Coordination Center will operate as a communications hub, Janie Young, director of the center, said at a ribbon-cutting ceremony Tuesday.

The facility is at the Border Patrol's Tucson Sector headquarters.

It will streamline the process of receiving intelligence in real time, then analyze and disseminate it throughout the agency, Young said.

The dedication came days after the shooting death of Robert Krentz, a Cochise County rancher who was killed on his property, possibly by a smuggler who may have escaped into Mexico.

Facility to gather, share border info

Also Tuesday, the Department of Homeland Security transferred an array of equipment to Mexico's Secretariat of Public Safety to beef up law enforcement there.

The equipment includes 10 all-terrain vehicles, four off-road motorcycles, 50 Global Positioning Systems, 30 rechargeable flashlights, 20 mountain bikes and other assorted equipment.

Have I not been saying that without the USA Mexico just can't handle things? I rest my case. Inept country. I wonder what they do with all the Billions the USA has sent them for years and years? Can't buy any of the above with the money we've given them???? Unbelievable.

Forum List

Back