Facial Hair Fascism

I'll hazard to conclude that McCutcheon understands his role as an employee and feels very well compensated for agreeing to the Dress and Grooming Code of his employer.

That's what I said --- he lacks courage. A follower rather than a leader. Nobody's perfect.

Let's put it this way:

If I'm Andrew McCutcheon, when that starched-shirt refugee from the conformity-craze of the 1950s up there in the front office dictating 1950s conformity personal expression codes is able to walk down on the field and show me how I can steal more bases or get a better jump on fly balls, then maybe -- MAYBE I'll start listening to what he has to say about other things. Until then, take a proverbial hike.

Happy players are productive players. Nobody wants to play for a prison gang. You don't build a good team by exercising your little my-dick-is-too-small-so-you-have-to-pay power trips on underlings.

That is --- if building a good team is really what you're trying to do. But that's the burning question. Your Houston Astroses and your Boston Red Soxes and your Atlanta Braveses and your Oakland Ases are trying to put good teams on the field. The Wankees are trying to put the Church Lady.

Or, he has a proper adult perspective and a sense of responsibility to himself and his family. Would you give up your livelihood to have long hair and a beard? I doubt it.

"Responsibility" would seem to mean the club's obligation to focus on baseball, as they advertise, and not these little wanker power trips would it not? There's no need to 'give up his livelihood' --- Just Say No. Besides which, if Meathead's pic in post 24 is accurate, the Wankees have already bent on that policy anyway, so from that point it became not-a-policy. Actually I'm surprised the Players' Union lets them get away with this shit, but that might not last long if there's any justice.

You know who one of the strongest champions of the Players Union was, who stood up for players' rights so much that it got him in team trouble? Jim Bunning, the Hall of Fame pitcher who went on to be a hyperconservative Republican Senator. And he started that activity back in the 1950s when Conformity was God. The bygone era where the Wankees still live. Back there where everybody wears a straightjacket.

And no I don't give up my livelihood for long hair and a beard. I take it there with me. They'll just have to deal with it, won't they. But it's not an issue as I don't work for Puritans anyway. They have no qualms. I believe there was one time about 30 years ago that a client apparently objected. My employer called him a "poopy head" in reaction. I liked that.

Solidarity, Sister. ;)

So Riddle Me this, mon petit chou: If McCutcheon is selling out by putting money ahead of his hairstyle, is Kaeperpimpleneck also selling out by taking money from a Big Corporation instead of suffering for his cause?

I said nothing about anybody "selling out".

You called me "petit chou" --- do I know you? Have we dated in New Orleans? :eek:

I know you like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain.

That's what I said --- he lacks courage. A follower rather than a leader. Nobody's perfect.

Let's put it this way:

If I'm Andrew McCutcheon, when that starched-shirt refugee from the conformity-craze of the 1950s up there in the front office dictating 1950s conformity personal expression codes is able to walk down on the field and show me how I can steal more bases or get a better jump on fly balls, then maybe -- MAYBE I'll start listening to what he has to say about other things. Until then, take a proverbial hike.

Happy players are productive players. Nobody wants to play for a prison gang. You don't build a good team by exercising your little my-dick-is-too-small-so-you-have-to-pay power trips on underlings.

That is --- if building a good team is really what you're trying to do. But that's the burning question. Your Houston Astroses and your Boston Red Soxes and your Atlanta Braveses and your Oakland Ases are trying to put good teams on the field. The Wankees are trying to put the Church Lady.

Or, he has a proper adult perspective and a sense of responsibility to himself and his family. Would you give up your livelihood to have long hair and a beard? I doubt it.

"Responsibility" would seem to mean the club's obligation to focus on baseball, as they advertise, and not these little wanker power trips would it not? There's no need to 'give up his livelihood' --- Just Say No. Besides which, if Meathead's pic in post 24 is accurate, the Wankees have already bent on that policy anyway, so from that point it became not-a-policy. Actually I'm surprised the Players' Union lets them get away with this shit, but that might not last long if there's any justice.

You know who one of the strongest champions of the Players Union was, who stood up for players' rights so much that it got him in team trouble? Jim Bunning, the Hall of Fame pitcher who went on to be a hyperconservative Republican Senator. And he started that activity back in the 1950s when Conformity was God. The bygone era where the Wankees still live. Back there where everybody wears a straightjacket.

And no I don't give up my livelihood for long hair and a beard. I take it there with me. They'll just have to deal with it, won't they. But it's not an issue as I don't work for Puritans anyway. They have no qualms. I believe there was one time about 30 years ago that a client apparently objected. My employer called him a "poopy head" in reaction. I liked that.

Solidarity, Sister. ;)

So Riddle Me this, mon petit chou: If McCutcheon is selling out by putting money ahead of his hairstyle, is Kaeperpimpleneck also selling out by taking money from a Big Corporation instead of suffering for his cause?

I said nothing about anybody "selling out".

You called me "petit chou" --- do I know you? Have we dated in New Orleans? :eek:

I know you like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain.

Hmmm.... no you wouldn't know that and I don't like rain.

Maybe it's unoriginal. I used to call her ma 'ti chou-flourette, little cauliflower. Even though she's black.

But see how you just stuck it to the man, posting in French on a site that insists on English? Yay-yuh.

Solidarity Sister. :rock:

Forum List

Back