facebook....

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
so the mean girls got in a fight...so i got a fb page to watch the mean girls fight....of course i had to add them as friends...i added a couple of other people...i had 14 friends...i was happy...then i was bored...so i began to look for people i went to high school with...knowing if i could find one ..i could find them all...well i did find a person i had been looking for...i noticed they all stayed together in our hometown and all..i figured they were just all friendly due to high school....well hell....one guy adds me not knowing who i was...
now i have 45 friends request...hell i dont know 45 people? all from hs...peeps i still have nightmares about hs...you know the one..you didnt finish freshman english and have to go back...

sooooooooo turns out they are staying friends due to hs...they are all...get this right wing christians fanatics....

joke seems to be on me

Refused to do fb. Then while doing genealogy I located a cousin in New Jersey. All his ancient family photos and such were on fb. Too much to send as email attachments. So I gave in. But for those damn pictures its been one big boatload of pain in the ass.

Facebook is what you as an individual make it out to be. Nothing more, nothing less. I caved. Resisted for a long time, but I gave in. At first I stuck with a small group of family and very close friends. Over time I expanded and friended a bunch of folks I met on a website. It's been well over a year and those additions have worked out nicely. I enjoy reading their posts. Most are right of center online friends, added to keep that networking going. Through them I received multiple friend requests. I thought, oh what the hell. So I added them. That was a mistake. My News Wall was inundated with so many damn posts, I never saw what my real friends were saying. On top of that, when I wanted to share a pic or vid of my kids, I'd have to create a list of just the people I wanted to have it visible to. Way too much time if you ask me. So, I went through my list of FB friends, deleted all the ones I had hidden and then some. So now when I log on, I can see what my favorite peeps are up to without weeding through the crap.

I've connected with several high school friends. ( please see my High School Reunions thread ) That's been entertaining. And then there's my poker. Zynga Texas Hold 'Em! As of last weekend I was up to about 2.3 million chips. Woooo Hoooo!

I caved and started a fb page at one point. I soon realized anybody I wanted to stay in contact with, with a very few exceptions, I was already in touch with. The others just weren't worth the pain in the butt of setting it all up and trying to keep up with it. And then people get upset if you don't take the time to follow it religiously! I abandoned my page after a few weeks. I might have deleted it, I can't remember. I'll have to go check and do it if I haven't. :lol:

I got a FB page about 6 months ago, people were telling me to join so we could keep in touch better. Turns out many in my company have it as well and at least 2 people have been fired for details about the company that are being discussed.

Funny that they are checking FB now too and it has me wondering about the ones who would even think about spilling their guts about secure issues on there.. :cuckoo:

Folks, folks, folks........fb is just like your TV or radio. You have total control of if/when you post anyting, respond to anything and whether or not you befriend someone. I've got over 400 friends on fb and yes, I do know each and everyone of them. If I get a request and don't know them, I click ignore instead of accept. I've reconnected with people I went to HS, college and church with as far back as 35+ years. I'm involved in Boy Scouts and probably have close to 100 friends from their alone. Troops, Packs, Districts, Councils, camps, etc. all have fb pages and communicate with a lot of people thru them.

I caved and started a fb page at one point. I soon realized anybody I wanted to stay in contact with, with a very few exceptions, I was already in touch with. The others just weren't worth the pain in the butt of setting it all up and trying to keep up with it. And then people get upset if you don't take the time to follow it religiously! I abandoned my page after a few weeks. I might have deleted it, I can't remember. I'll have to go check and do it if I haven't. :lol:

:lol: That is exactly why I never started a face book page in the first place.

I love facebook. When I first signed up I went over the top and was essentially blogging there, posting while at work, etc.

I learned, quickly, not to do that. Now I just post quickie updates, pics of my family, our doings, my projects, my pets..oh and food. I love that it lets me keep contact with my son in KY. We talk on the phone, but the time difference is a pain and with facebook, we can drop each other messages or just a quick hi..he can see what we're doing and we can see what he's doing. I also use it to post pics of the kids' activities, games, etc, so other moms can grab the pictures easily. I've come across a lot of old school friends. We don't really have a whole lot in common anymore, and we're spread out all over the place, but it's so much fun to talk to them once in a while, and see what they're doing, who they've married, what their politics are. And it's great that I can get up early in the morning or in the middle of the night, post something quick, then be off all day and the kids can hop on and feel connected. I think they must because I see an increase in my KY son's postings just recently. He's caught on that the best way to get updated on where I'm at and what I'm doing is through FB.

This is still the only facebook I do.

Reading%20a%20book.gif

Facebook horrifies me. I don't like the destruction of privacy that it represents - and revisiting high school is Very Low on my priority list.

My kidlet's goal in life seems to be never allowing me to hear her ever voice again, LOL. She pressed me to join fb so she could share photos etc. I apparently wrote too many "Mommy" thingies on her wall so now I am forbidden to comment there in public.

LMAO!

funny-facebook-mark-mom.png

Facebook horrifies me. I don't like the destruction of privacy that it represents - and revisiting high school is Very Low on my priority list.

Destruction of privacy? You have otal control over what you post, who can see it and who you accept as friends. You can lock it down so tight that no one can see diddly squat if you want.. Some people just are not smart enough to know how to be descreet......kind of like people talking on their cell at the top of their lungs in public places.

New Topics

Forum List

Back