Facebook will "fact check" images and videos

Facebook will now fact-check pictures and videos

Ahh Stalin and Mao must be cheering from the grave....What if its a photo of their kids? What about a photo of a waterfall? Their car? Their home? This is pure tyranny plain and simple. Guess I will be getting more 30 day bans LOL....damn I wish someone would start a FB like website that allows freedom.

You have an awfully low bar for what constitutes tyranny. :lol:

The Media Matters mission statement is to monitor (only) conservative speech. Is that the new motto of facebook? Bye the way, what's with the anti-Semitic Nazi thing about Jews?

Ahh Stalin and Mao must be cheering from the grave....What if its a photo of their kids? What about a photo of a waterfall? Their car? Their home? This is pure tyranny plain and simple. Guess I will be getting more 30 day bans LOL....damn I wish someone would start a FB like website that allows freedom.

You say that until your words are censored

Just because something bad happens to me doesn't make it tyranny. A private company, which is far from the only one of its kind, deciding to fact-check posts, does not constitute tyranny IMO.

Just because something bad happens to me doesn't make it tyranny. A private company, which is far from the only one of its kind, deciding to fact-check posts, does not constitute tyranny IMO.
Its not posts its pictures and videos....

I should have been clearer. Pictures and videos posted on Facebook would have been a better way to put it.

I should have been clearer. Pictures and videos posted on Facebook would have been a better way to put it.
I am assuming you have never had anything you posted on FB deleted or marked as spam SIMPLY because some whiner didn't like it...NOW they are going to "fact check" EVERY photo including family photos and videos..this is VERY tyrannical.

I am assuming you have never had anything you posted on FB deleted or marked as spam SIMPLY because some whiner didn't like it...NOW they are going to "fact check" EVERY photo including family photos and videos..this is VERY tyrannical.

I haven't posted enough on Facebook to worry about that sort of thing. I mainly use it as a communication tool for friends who live in other states.

My point is that calling it tyrannical when a private company which you don't have to use, providing a service that other platforms also provide, decides to limit the content it allows does not seem to come close to the point of tyranny. It sounds like hyperbole. That doesn't mean it's a good thing, just that I don't consider it to reach the level of tyranny.

Forum List

Back