facebook v myspace

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Sep 7, 2008
TARDIS
So I tried to log onto myspace from the library at school and it won't let you access the site, with a message coming up about how this computer is intended for research purposes but I go on my facebook account no problem. To me it seems kind of bullshit, half the time kids are watching videos and do non research activities.
So why would they block myspace and not facebook?

Be ashamed!!!!! You're in school you are NOT supposed to be playing on the computer!!! lol lol lol j/k

It's probably who ever set the security controls on the schools computers. They may have just missed the one while blocking the other.

yeah but you can go to youtube, here, facebook, and other non research sites. Plus are tech fees pay for the computers. They don't tell kids to turn their music down and to stay somewhat quiet in there but they won't allow you to go on myspace.

When I was in school we didn't have the luxury of using computers during class, we had to come up with shit to do... makes me wish I was growing up now with all the cell-phones in school, ipods, laptops and shit.
You all got it way too easy.

Don't have a myspace or a facebook. WAAAAAAY too much personal info out there for the world to see for me. Nobody needs to know that much about me.

My advice, delete your accounts. Then you won't have to worry about if you can log on or not.

When I was in school we didn't have the luxury of using computers during class, we had to come up with shit to do... makes me wish I was growing up now with all the cell-phones in school, ipods, laptops and shit.
When I was in school we didn't have computers in class, in the library, at home or anywhere else. We had to actually open a book and look at the pages. Can you imagine that? We had to actually use pencils and paper to express ourselves. Can you imagine that?

Heck, we didn't even have calculators 'til I was about the graduate from college...and they had nixie tubes instead of LCDs. Children today should do without some of the electronic masters they have been given to.

When I was in school we didn't have computers in class, in the library, at home or anywhere else. We had to actually open a book and look at the pages. Can you imagine that? We had to actually use pencils and paper to express ourselves. Can you imagine that?

Heck, we didn't even have calculators 'til I was about the graduate from college...and they had nixie tubes instead of LCDs. Children today should do without some of the electronic masters they have been given to.

Ain't that the truth.

Course I love Computers and the Internet... makes shit a whole lot easier.

"Nixie tubes?" Do you mean Light Emitting Diodes?

When I was in school, the only computers in the school were in the library. And the only goofing off you could really do on them was play Oregon Trail.

oregontrail.jpg

Ain't that the truth.

Course I love Computers and the Internet... makes shit a whole lot easier.
Makes it faster. Makes it easier for others to flood you with information. Life was a lot easier without 'em.

So I tried to log onto myspace from the library at school and it won't let you access the site, with a message coming up about how this computer is intended for research purposes but I go on my facebook account no problem. To me it seems kind of bullshit, half the time kids are watching videos and do non research activities.
So why would they block myspace and not facebook?

Good question. I dont use either service so i'm not sure what the differences between them are.

When I was in school, the only computers in the school were in the library. And the only goofing off you could really do on them was play Oregon Trail.

oregontrail.jpg

:lol: That's the computer I learned to program on first! I remember those.

MyFace and SpaceBook are both stupid anyway, don't know why people bother, you can make a million non-friends or go out and make a few real friends ...

Forum List

Back