Facebook Users Expect a cut?

I'm looking for the rational argument here why anyone should get a cut. Someone on that side of the argument, do your best logically.

What a moron. Is this really how people think now thanks to the government? Its so illogical it can't be serious. " where the content on the site is entirely created by its users." um nope. pretty sure only a small percentage of the users know any coding languages. Not that yahoo or the New York times has any credibility anymore this takes away any they may have had.

What a moron. Is this really how people think now thanks to the government? Its so illogical it can't be serious. " where the content on the site is entirely created by its users." um nope. pretty sure only a small percentage of the users know any coding languages. Not that yahoo or the New York times has any credibility anymore this takes away any they may have had.

I think it's fascinating, if you read the comments under the story, too.

Since when does frequenting and using a free service grant you the right to compensation? It's utterly ridiculous.

Yahoo! is paid by its advertisors.
Facebook, is paid by its advertisors.

In return, they keep up on ways to generate traffic to the ads. It's the very soul of their job/responsibility. I don't see an argument for others reaping the benefits of their efforts.

Since when does frequenting and using a free service grant you the right to compensation? It's utterly ridiculous.

In return, they keep up on ways to generate traffic to the ads. It's the very soul of their job/responsibility. I don't see an argument for others reaping the benefits of their efforts.

They should just start charging users. See how that goes over. I'm sure they all will feel like they are entitled to it for free now.

"Content" refers to people's profile information, not the source code for the website.

People don't visit facebook to admire the layout, they go to read other people's comments, pictures, etc. That's the "content" entirely created by the users.

I'm not saying I agree with the article posted - I see no reason for facebook to share it's profits with users.

But claiming that facebook isn't an entirely user-driven product is foolish. I don't agree with the author's conclusion (the "give me money" part) - but he's absolutely correct about everything else.

well, just wait. the facebook IPO is a get rich event "before taxs may go up ( and they have hit their 500 private inv. limit) up enrich the owners and select investors and employees, which is great for them, BUT, their biz model right now does not justify the multiple they are floating.

The "like" button is genius for advertisers etc. but still....they will have to squeeze more out of what they have, which is you....;)

I say their becasue I am not on facebook, never have been. good luck ya'll.

They should just start charging users. See how that goes over. I'm sure they all will feel like they are entitled to it for free now.

Facebook would cease to exist if they charged people to use it.

:rolleyes:

I stopped using Facebook. I was tired of hearing everyone else's business realtime that I just didn't care about anyway. Now I don't want to be part of making other people money.

Forum List

Back