Facebook Regulation?

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Four Senate Democrats have asked the Federal Trade Commission to develop guidelines governing the way social networking sites can use information submitted by users.

"I am asking the FTC to use the authority given to it to examine practices in the disclosure of private information from social networking sites and to ensure users have the ability to prohibit the sharing of personal information," said Schumer in a statement. "If the FTC feels it does not have the authority to do so under current regulations I will support them in obtaining the tools and authority to do just that."

Senators Seek FTC Rules For Social Networking -- InformationWeek

Slippery slope?

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
What you're not seeing is the following:

Democrats = Good

Because of this, they know what's best for us. Their purpose is to pass legislation that seeks to improve the lives of the populace. These extra regulations are for are own good, whether we realize it or not.

Isn't it wonderful to have Democrats that are both parent and benevolent god to take care of us?

Not Good. Another red flag that governments use while it's citizens can do nothing, and they won't be satisfied until it,the government, monitors and controls every aspect our our lives. Slowly it's tentacles weave their way right into every home swallowing up everything in sight. All because THEY know what's best for us and we just do not have the ability to care for ourselves.

No wonder we are pissed off.

Four Senate Democrats have asked the Federal Trade Commission to develop guidelines governing the way social networking sites can use information submitted by users.

"I am asking the FTC to use the authority given to it to examine practices in the disclosure of private information from social networking sites and to ensure users have the ability to prohibit the sharing of personal information," said Schumer in a statement. "If the FTC feels it does not have the authority to do so under current regulations I will support them in obtaining the tools and authority to do just that."

Senators Seek FTC Rules For Social Networking -- InformationWeek

Slippery slope?

Who in the FUCK is Forcing ANYONE to Join these Sites?...

Nanny State Motherfuckers!...

:)

peace...

Palin has the Dems terrified. Her Facebook posts continue to embarrass and expose them

Forum List

Back