Facebook Poll Asks if Obama Should be Killed

According to CBS and Facebook:

Facebook Poll Asks if Obama Should be Killed - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, elsewhere. Any opinions on this? I find it shocking.

Hell no!!!! Then we would have Joe Biden as President. You know, the guy who just recently stated that the stimulus package has worked "beyond his wildest dreams." 15 million unemployed and rising, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I certainly don't want him as President. :lol:

BTW There was a book describing how to assisinate Bush, so don't do too much whining over this topic it kind of comes off hypocritical.

A poll question is not a death threat...
but in post 14 you see an actual death threat against Bush made in 2003 and its gets no response, no comment.....47 later posts and not a word of outrage....ironic...

more problems for Osama's SS to worry about

The U.S. Secret Service is investigating a "poll" posted on Facebook that asked users the most unsocial, unspeakable question: Should President Obama be assassinated?

Edwin Donovan, a spokesman for the Secret Service, said the agency will take "appropriate investigative steps" in connection to the survey, which was posted on Saturday and was quickly removed when Facebook employees were alerted to its existence.

"We are continuing our investigation," Donovan told FOXNews.com, declining further comment.

The poll asked respondents: "Should Obama be killed?"

The possible answers were "no," "maybe," yes," and "yes if he cuts my health care."

Facebook spokesman Barry Schnitt said a "third-party application" enabled an individual user to create what he said was an "offensive poll."

"The application was immediately suspended while the inappropriate content could be removed by the developer and until such time as the developer institutes better procedures to monitor their user-generated content," Schnitt said in a statement to FOXNews.com.

Facebook is now cooperating with the Secret Service, Schnitt said.

Bob Beckel, a Democratic Party strategist and FOX News contributor, said the individual responsible for the poll should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

"This is the kind of garbage that's generated from the extreme right against Obama, and it's going way over the line," Beckel told FOXNews.com. "It's got to be stopped. Find him, prosecute him and put him in jail."

Regardless of political persuasion, Beckel said such threats are "un-American" and simply not acceptable.

"If they don't like what Obama is doing, then maybe they ought to go out and vote for someone else," he said. "But relying on this kind of attack is un-American and unacceptable."

In November, prior to Obama's landslide election victory, officials from the Secret Service declined to comment on the number of threats he had received, but they said they saw more threats against him than any other candidate during the campaign.

[URL="http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,556722,00.html"]link[/URL]

there have been attempts. Q is will anyone get off a shot ??

[youtube]yuN4qh6meR4[/youtube]

Some sick wingnut, no doubt.

Secret Service Investigates Facebook Obama Assassination Poll - ABC News

The Secret Service is investigating the origins of a poll that appeared on Facebook that asked whether President Obama should be killed.

The Secret Service is investigating the origins of a Facebook poll that asked whether President Obama should be killed.
(Alex Brandon/AP Photo)
Posted over the weekend, the poll was removed by Facebook after the Secret Service received a tip and contacted the company, which was not aware of the survey, sources tell ABC News.

"When the Secret Service became aware of the poll we worked with Facebook to have it taken down and are conducting an investigation," said a spokesman for the Secret Service.

The poll asked: "Should Obama be killed?" The answer choices: "No," "Maybe," "Yes" and "Yes if he cuts my health care."

Related
Fear for Obama's Safety Grows as Hate Groups Thrive on Racial BacklashExclusive Poll: U.S. Still Split on Health Care Obama Girls Fly Under the Radar -- but How Long Will It Last?
The Secret Service will be reaching out to the person who developed and posted the poll to determine intent.

As the health care debate intensified over the summer, experts tracking hate groups expressed concern over what they described as violent rhetoric and "a genuine backlash" against the president.

According to a spokesman for Facebook, the poll was created by an independent person using an add-on application.

"The third-party application that enabled an individual user to create the offensive poll was brought to our attention this morning," Barry Schnitt, Facebook's spokesman for policy, told The Associated Press.

He told the AP that the application was taken down.

"We're working with the U.S. Secret Service," Schnitt said.

but in post 14 you see an actual death threat against Bush made in 2003 and its gets no response, no comment.....47 later posts and not a word of outrage....ironic...
What threat do you speak of?

I wouldn't doubt that it was put up by one of his own in an attempt to gain some sympathy approval points. I wouldn't put anything past the perpetually traveling Hypocrite In Chief.

These kind of polls have been on Facebook and several other locations since they existed, why is it such a big deal this time.

Because now the goons are in charge.

This is crap. There are always stupid polls like this out there, always have been.

Great, now free speech should be prosecuted as a crime, not just free speech, but political free speech. The liberals are hypocrites.

execute george bush and kill john kerry - Petition Spot

execute george bush and kill john kerry

Bush assassination movie should die: The Swamp

Posted by Frank James at 12:41 pm CDT

There’s a new movie called “Death of a President” which portrays the assassination of President Bush. I’m sure I won’t see it.

The movie is set to premiere on Sept. 10 in Toronto. According to reports in the Los Angeles Times and CNN, through technology, the movie creates scenes that look horribly realistic. Bush’s head was electronically grafted onto an actor’s body, according to a CNN anchor.

I predict the movie will cause an uproar which, on some level, probably

What did the Marxist Che Guevara (Fidel Castro's right hand man) do after siezing power, executed and murdered his political opponents by the thousand.

What did Marxist Stalin do, executed his political opponents by the thousands.

Why do the Obama supporters not get outraged at the death threats made against Bush and Cheney? The Obama supporters are explicity posting Bush and Cheney are war criminals, guilty of killing innocent people during an illegal war.

Stalin murdered simple political opponents

Castro murdered simple political opponents.

What will Obama supporters do to war criminals Bush and Cheney given the fact they have convicted Bush without a trial, given the fact Obama supporters are supportive of books and movies calling for Bush to die?

What did the Marxist Che Guevara (Fidel Castro's right hand man) do after siezing power, executed and murdered his political opponents by the thousand.

What did Marxist Stalin do, executed his political opponents by the thousands.

Why do the Obama supporters not get outraged at the death threats made against Bush and Cheney? The Obama supporters are explicity posting Bush and Cheney are war criminals, guilty of killing innocent people during an illegal war.

Stalin murdered simple political opponents

Castro murdered simple political opponents.

What will Obama supporters do to war criminals Bush and Cheney given the fact they have convicted Bush without a trial, given the fact Obama supporters are supportive of books and movies calling for Bush to die?

Okay, to acknowledge the Bush/Cheney threats:

Hammond man arrested for making threat on Bush's life | News for New Orleans, Louisiana | Top Stories | News and Weather for New Orleans | wwltv.com

Hyde Park » Threat against Bush was stupid, but was it also illegal?

Man Charged With Threatening Cheney - MSNBC Wire Services- msnbc.com

Being an avid reader, can you tell me the titles of some of the books "calling for Bush to die"? No joke...seriously. I would like to read some of this. What about the movies?

No, I didn't agree with Bush, but I didn't want him dead. Threats from either side are unacceptable, and...illegal.

Great, now free speech should be prosecuted as a crime, not just free speech, but political free speech. The liberals are hypocrites.

There’s a new movie called “Death of a President” which portrays the assassination of President Bush. I’m sure I won’t see it.

The movie is set to premiere on Sept. 10 in Toronto. According to reports in the Los Angeles Times and CNN, through technology, the movie creates scenes that look horribly realistic. Bush’s head was electronically grafted onto an actor’s body, according to a CNN anchor.

Hanging anyone in effigy...calling for an assassination...making sinister statements about being armed, or unarmed...assassination polls...depictions of a president, or former president's assassination. Don't these constitute assault? You're putting another in fear for their life. For example: in my line of work; if I touch a patient without first gaining their consent for treatment, I can technically be charged with assault and battery. Now the odds of this happening are slim, but it was spelled out clearly in college....the importance of such communication prior to initiating treatment.

So this isn't a simple matter of freedom of speech. You can call Obama or Bush an idiot or insult them in any way, as often as you like. But because it is illegal to directly or indirectly threaten the president, or any civilian (which puts them in fear for their life) it is not a violation of the 1st amendment to prosecute. And considering that 4 presidents have been assassinated in the US; the secret service is going to take any potential threat....joking or otherwise....seriously.

The movie you mention....I haven't heard about it, but yes....it is a bad idea.

Last edited:

Hanging anyone in effigy...calling for an assassination...making sinister statements about being armed, or unarmed...assassination polls...depictions of a president, or former president's assassination. Don't these constitute assault? You're putting another in fear for their life. For example: in my line of work; if I touch a patient without first gaining their consent for treatment, I can technically be charged with assault and battery. Now the odds of this happening are slim, but it was spelled out clearly in college....the importance of such communication prior to initiating treatment.

So this isn't a simple matter of freedom of speech. You can call Obama or Bush an idiot or insult them in any way, as often as you like. But because it is illegal to directly or indirectly threaten the president, or any civilian (which puts them in fear for their life) it is not a violation of the 1st amendment. And considering that 4 presidents have been assassinated in the US; the secret service is going to take any potential threat....joking or otherwise....seriously.

The movie you mention....I haven't heard about it, but yes....it is a bad idea.

Turning free speech into assault is against the 1st amendment.

When you make political free speech a crime you have violated the 1st amendment.

Assualt, the exercise of our 1st amendment right is not assault.

The 1st amendment was not needed to protect nice speech, its to protect political discourse, the speech some may find offensive. So now we have an literal assault on the
1st Amendment. What if this is nothing more than a political tactic of an Obama supporter. What if this gives the Obama administration the ability to shutdown all free speech that is critical of Obama. We already have Carter stating that this type of speech is coming from right wing racsists. So the Obama supporters are slowly and carefully impliementing a plan to emiminate the opposition. We attack ACORN, the supporters of Obama put a sign on a dead man, hang him, and make it look like its the far right. We attack ACORN so the Obama supporters put up a facebook page calling for Obama to die and blame it on conservative. These tactics are spelled about by Saul Alinsky in "Rules for Radicals"

Obama is a student of Saul Alinsky, as is Ayers, as is ACORN

Last edited:

Dear God Almighty.

This bullshit of castigating others for not denouncing death threats made against President Bush is beyond belief.

He was our President. Obama is our President. Not wanting to see any elected official assassinated should be considered the fucking default reaction.

I don't have this crazy need to hear people speak out against death threats and the like in order to *prove* they don't support it. Unless you're truly a fucking lunatic, I'm going to assume you are against assassinating the President --- ANY President.

Forum List

Back