Facebook discussion boards are gone.

Oh, and just out of curiosity, would your contributions serve to add to the ideological imbalance you perceive, or bring it closer to balance?

There is a certain type of person on every board that is there for no other reason than to "kick lib ass" way too many of them here, can't say anything without 4-5 of these sport debaters showing up to get in their licks. Some may say I am being thin skinned but if I must spend 100% of my time on the defensive for even minor comments then it is just no fun.

Oh, and just out of curiosity, would your contributions serve to add to the ideological imbalance you perceive, or bring it closer to balance?

There is a certain type of person on every board that is there for no other reason than to "kick lib ass" way too many of them here, can't say anything without 4-5 of these sport debaters showing up to get in their licks. Some may say I am being thin skinned but if I must spend 100% of my time on the defensive for even minor comments then it is just no fun.

Don't bother. You can see who all is just getting in their licks. Put them on ignore. They contribute nothing of value to this board.

I understand.

Lucky for me my idea of fun is kicking their ass.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Don't bother. You can see who all is just getting in their licks. Put them on ignore. They contribute nothing of value to this board.

There is an ignore function!? I was looking for one the other day.

There is an ignore function!? I was looking for one the other day.

Yes. Go to their profile page, and below the profile pic is a drop down. "Ignore this user" should be the last one.

thanks, I am a pretty reasonable guy but I am easily distracted by personal attacks.

thanks, I am a pretty reasonable guy but I am easily distracted by personal attacks.

As in they get under your skin, or as in it's so damn fun to join the melee that you get sucked in when you have better shit to be doin?

I don't mind an occasional flame war but not all of time and certainly not the five on one gang flaming these people engage in.

As in they get under your skin, or as in it's so damn fun to join the melee that you get sucked in when you have better shit to be doin?

I don't mind an occasional flame war but not all of time and certainly not the five on one gang flaming these people engage in.

Under your skin it is.

Got it. :thup:

Ummm, there's a simple answer, ignore it. Hell, it's just a message board.

"Ignore it" is not the simple answer to "I am easily distracted by personal attacks." I am the same, so I gave him the actual simple answer, which is "Here is how to use the ignore function on this board."

When posting on message boards, it's important to separate the wheat from the chaff.

It's probably best not to have high expectations for a noob who took his screen name from a portable shitter.

It's probably best not to have high expectations for a noob who took his screen name from a portable shitter.

Then again at least he didn't go with 'vacant', that might count for something I suppose.

"Ignore it" is not the simple answer to "I am easily distracted by personal attacks." I am the same, so I gave him the actual simple answer, which is "Here is how to use the ignore function on this board."
Two questions...... Who are we to you (or him) and why does it matter? :dunno:

Two questions...... Who are we to you (or him) and why does it matter? :dunno:

:dunno: Why does it matter to you?

I can't speak for him. I have PTSD. If I see too much ugliness, anger and verbal abuse, I get triggered, especially if it's aimed at me.

Forum List

Back