Facebook Deletes “Donald Trump is Our President” Facebook Fan Page with 3,276,000 Fans!

The First Amendment restricts the government, not private entities. Did they give a reason why they suspended the page?

That's true, of course, but I think the broader point is that freedom expression is the backbone of our founding and of our nation. To censor legitimate expression, even in the private realm, seems contrary to our founding principles.

what-is-freedom-of-expression-without-the-freedom-to-offend-23341467.png

Once again, Facebook attacks the 1st Amendment censoring Trump supporters.

CRIMINAL Facebook Deletes "Donald Trump is Our President" Facebook Fan Page with 3,276,000 Fans!

Well, you still got AM radio, and Fox News

"We make shit up, You decide"

People insecure in their opinions and beliefs hate to hear opposing views. That is why Facebook deletes opposition.

Facebook doesn’t delete opposing views. It deletes lies, conspiracy theories and hate. That’s the entire Trump platform this year.
Like I said, anything that differs from their views. They are afraid and intolerant. I am happy the Constitution protects us from the government being narrow minded and fearful.

I am happy the Constitution protects us from the government being narrow minded and fearful.

Does it?
Venezuelans also had one that protected them.

Is our government today free from "narrow mindedness" ? Do we fear our government?

The Constitution is only as good as the will of The People to demand and sacrifice for it's implementation.
Failing that, it is a worthless piece of paper. A litany of jokes for tyrants to spit upon.

One thing that really bothers me about people today is that they assume freedom is 'Free'.
It never was and never will be. It takes constant vigilance and occasional sacrifice to preserve.

Entire generations have made the grave mistake of forgetting that lesson from history.

Last edited:
Do you feel the same for bakers? Or other businesses? I remember a lot of people talking about public access laws and things like that.

I agree with you, facebook should be able to make their own rules, the same as a bakery or any other privately owned business.

Liberals don't have a problem with censorship and discrimination; liberals have a problem with your censorship and discrimination.

Give an example
Look at YouTube. They are almost exclusively banning and demonotizing right wing content.
YouTube is a private enterprise and can regulate offensive content

I have a suspicion that you would not feel the same if YouTube and/or Facebook were taken over by right-wingers and started regulating left-wing content.

This is all part of a plan by the left to indoctrinate people, particularly at a young age. Kudos to them, it is working, but it is very unfortunate for our country with fewer and fewer people having a clue what is actually going on and only hearing one side of the political spectrum.

I have a suspicion that you would not feel the same if YouTube and/or Facebook were taken over by right-wingers and started regulating left-wing content.

This is all part of a plan by the left to indoctrinate people, particularly at a young age. Kudos to them, it is working, but it is very unfortunate for our country with fewer and fewer people having a clue what is actually going on and only hearing one side of the political spectrum.

Well, when your side stops lying, we'll listen.

Well, when your side stops lying, we'll listen.

Right, we should tell the truth like Schiff. Remind us again of the evidence he had of Russian collusion. Oh yeah, he didn't have any, but you mental midgets can't quite put 2 and 2 together.

The First Amendment restricts the government, not private entities. Did they give a reason why they suspended the page?

That's true, of course, but I think the broader point is that freedom expression is the backbone of our founding and of our nation. To censor legitimate expression, even in the private realm, seems contrary to our founding principles.

what-is-freedom-of-expression-without-the-freedom-to-offend-23341467.png

The issue isn’t “Freedom of expression” it’s the lies, conspiracy theories, and hate promulgated by today’s conservatives. Trump is mentioned as “inspirational” in the manifestos of racist murderers. That is what Facebook is banning.

Historically the left has never been a champion of free speech. On the contrary, the left has always sought to silence speech. That's what they do.

You do realize that Facebook is a private entity and can make their own rules?
Do you feel the same for bakers? Or other businesses? I remember a lot of people talking about public access laws and things like that.

I agree with you, facebook should be able to make their own rules, the same as a bakery or any other privately owned business.
Facebook is regulating content
They are not banning posters because of race, religion or sexual orientation

They're banning based on political content.

Historically the left has never been a champion of free speech. On the contrary, the left has always sought to silence speech. That's what they do.

Yep. That's pretty shitty of them. But it doesn't violate the First Amendment. We should boycott them or something, instead of looking for a big government solution.

Exactly. But many Trumpsters want to use the government to clamp down on their political enemies. They're really no different than the liberals.

Yep. That's pretty shitty of them. But it doesn't violate the First Amendment. We should boycott them or something, instead of looking for a big government solution.

they are licensed by the government as a platform under a certain set of standards and they violated those standards,,so its the job of government to either get them back on those standards or remove the protections they have as a platform

Forum List

Back