Facebook censors news stories

Yet another example of Facebook libtards pushing their agenda. Let's hope this ends for Facebook like it did for Target...

Exhibit A: Facebook characterizes Patricia Heaton’s pro-life message as ‘anti-abortion’ - Hot Air

Are you saying Facebook doesn't have a right to an agenda? It's a private sector for-profit company.
Carb - have you read any of this thread? I'm not a fascist liberal. I stated in my opening post that Facebook has every right as a private entity to do what they want (a right the rest of us wish we had when fascist liberals force us to take part in homosexual weddings and other nonsense).

But....I have a right to expose what they are doing, call them out on it, and encourage other people to avoid a platform that lies to its customers. The question is - why does that bother you so much Carb? Are you afraid of losing a valuable liberal propaganda platform? And more importantly - why wouldn't you want the truth? That alone says quite a bit about you.
I missed it, what did they lie about?

Yet another example of Facebook libtards pushing their agenda. Let's hope this ends for Facebook like it did for Target...

Exhibit A: Facebook characterizes Patricia Heaton’s pro-life message as ‘anti-abortion’ - Hot Air

Are you saying Facebook doesn't have a right to an agenda? It's a private sector for-profit company.
Carb - have you read any of this thread? I'm not a fascist liberal. I stated in my opening post that Facebook has every right as a private entity to do what they want (a right the rest of us wish we had when fascist liberals force us to take part in homosexual weddings and other nonsense).

But....I have a right to expose what they are doing, call them out on it, and encourage other people to avoid a platform that lies to its customers. The question is - why does that bother you so much Carb? Are you afraid of losing a valuable liberal propaganda platform? And more importantly - why wouldn't you want the truth? That alone says quite a bit about you.

About being an "unbiased platform for the free exchange of ideas". Here is their official mission statement from their website:

Founded in 2004, Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected. People use Facebook to stay connected with friends and family, to discover what’s going on in the world, and to share and express what matters to them.

Notice the bold sections? They violated their own mission statement - pledged to their customers - when they intentionally hid trending conservative news stories. Do you really need this explained to you or are you just playing dumb (and if so - why)?

About being an "unbiased platform for the free exchange of ideas". Here is their official mission statement from their website:

Founded in 2004, Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected. People use Facebook to stay connected with friends and family, to discover what’s going on in the world, and to share and express what matters to them.

Notice the bold sections? They violated their own mission statement - pledged to their customers - when they intentionally hid trending conservative news stories. Do you really need this explained to you or are you just playing dumb (and if so - why)?
I honestly haven't looked into it at all. Favebook is an open social platform... The trending section is a rather new feature that they've added recently and it's something that I don't think many people consider a news source. At least I've barely noticed it.

Id think the so called "news" programs like hannity, Levine, sharpton etc who go to the extreme to spin and misrepresent opposing ideologies while taking on the factious front of bringing the people the news, is way more of an outrage

I honestly haven't looked into it at all. Favebook is an open social platform... The trending section is a rather new feature that they've added recently and it's something that I don't think many people consider a news source. At least I've barely noticed it.

Id think the so called "news" programs like hannity, Levine, sharpton etc who go to the extreme to spin and misrepresent opposing ideologies while taking on the factious front of bringing the people the news, is way more of an outrage
I can't speak about the others, but I've watched quite a bit of Hannity over the years and I can tell you unequivocally that there is no "extreme spin". Want proof? There is nobody more hard-core left than Michael Moore and even he has tremendous respect for Sean Hannity. Has been on his show on multiple occasions and has talked about.

If I was afraid of what you nuts call the 'truth' would I confront you here every day?

If I was afraid of what you nuts call the 'truth' would I confront you here every day?
Absolutely. What people who are afraid of the truth do is attack it relentlessly...

maxresdefault.jpg

I can't speak about the others, but I've watched quite a bit of Hannity over the years and I can tell you unequivocally that there is no "extreme spin". Want proof? There is nobody more hard-core left than Michael Moore and even he has tremendous respect for Sean Hannity. Has been on his show on multiple occasions and has talked about.
Hannity has a prime time spot on Fox News, and be honest, have you EVER heard him report even 1 success from the Obama administration? His mission is to diminish the left by pointing out mistakes, hypocrisies, and lies. He is very obvious about his agenda and very bias in his reporting. I just don't understand how you think the Facebook thing is a lie and a problem when you have "News" shows like this that are exponentially worse... This goes for both the left and right

Old news...
Facebook Wants To Listen In On What You're Doing
Kashmir Hill
May 22, 2014 @ 07:35 PM

Facebook had two big announcements this week that show the company’s wildly divergent takes on the nature of privacy. One announcement is that the company is encouraging new users to initially share only with their “friends” rather than with the general public, the previous default. And for existing users, the company plans to break out the old “privacy dinosaur” to do a “ check-up” to remind people of how they’re sharing. Facebook employees say that using an extinct creature as a symbol for privacy isn’t subtle messaging, but simply an icon to which their users respond well. Meanwhile, Facebook’s second announcement indicated just how comfortable they think their users are in sharing every little thing happening in their lives. Facebook is rolling out a new feature for its smartphone app that can turn on users’ microphones and listen to what’s happening around them to identify songs playing or television being watched. The pay-off for users in allowing Facebook to microphone-lurk is that the social giant will be able to add a little tag to their status update that says they’re watching an episode of Games of Thrones as they sound off on their happiness (or despair) about the rise in background sex on TV these days.

Facebook Wants To Listen In On What You're Doing

Life with Big Brother

Kashmir Hill ,

Forbes Staff

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back